1. Interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff? See details here.
  2. Updated #2: The forums are going to be down Tomorrow (23rd of January) in the morning (JST) for maintenance as we upgrade the software to XenForo 2. Particularly of note is that blogs are going to be removed for the time being, but we are getting a lot of new features with the upgrade.

For more details, see this thread.

SPOILERS: Official Generation 8 Speculation & Leaks Thread (Updated 22nd Sept 2018)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by Pyrax, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Icy Wind

Icy Wind New Year. New Leaf.

Blog Posts:
    Here’s the rumor
    1ACBD816-977E-4F4C-88A4-F11BB49167D5.png
    Considering the part about the announcement is waaaay off, it’s most likely fake.

2. Oriden

Oriden Here to ride the rumor train.

Blog Posts:
    By that logic, we should believe everything.

3. PkmnTrainerV

PkmnTrainerV Flame Trainer

Blog Posts:
    The water starter resembles Popplio way too mich for my liking, but we did get Piplup and Oshawott with similar body shapes before...

Well, legendaries don’t really reproduce enough (if at all) to go through Darwinian Evolution...

Didn’t Chimchar have its behind on fire?

Scruffyjay and Poke Dragon like this.
  4. Champion Cynthia

Champion Cynthia Active Member

Blog Posts:
    You know... That Dolphin Pokemon makes me think of another Mudskipper Pokemon with the fin on it's back. Although, this one is no Mudkip.

5. Oriden

Blog Posts:
    It doesn't really have to be Darwinian Evolution, though- if a legendary lives for a very long time, it may just adapt to the environment over the years without having to go through a generations long process. Or like Grimer, some human influence might cause their form to change- it's not specified that Grimer changed over generations, just that feeding on Alolan garbage caused their composition to change.

Minya_Nouvelle likes this.
  6. Kumo59

Kumo59 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I just thought of something that (though unlikely) would actually be pretty cool? Maybe? A choice between two rivals. Since you can pick the gender of your trainer, imagine being able to pick your rival's too? A girl and a guy. And whichever you don't choose as your rival ends up being a friend or a poke-assistant. So all three starters can be used too, maybe. Like your rival gets the type strong against your starter-- (Hau was too easy for me, I like an actual friendly rival that's actually challenging to beat) and the one you didn't choose gets the last starter? I just thought it might be nice to bring that concept back.

7. PkmnTrainerV

Blog Posts:
    A regional variant legendary feels wrong to me for some reason... even though it could happen.

Its just one of those things which don’t really have a specific reasoning on why I don’t want it to happen.

I see legendaries too rooted and in control of their energies and stubborn to change, I guess.

PocketMonster likes this.
  8. Oriden

Blog Posts:
    Yeah... I would probably be in the same boat, but with Cosmog and Meltan being capable of evolution, I have just fully accepted that nothing is sacred anymore. XD

SinnohEevee and PkmnTrainerV like this.
  9. PkmnTrainerV

Blog Posts:
    I was generally more accepting to evolution since its really similar to growing up and its just the same creature in essence but looks different as a baby. (Also I find cosmoem funny and cute as hell, also being the most comically dense Pokemon).

We also had that baby Lugia in OS, too.

SinnohEevee likes this.
  10. Oriden

Blog Posts:
    If they were to regional variant a legendary, my vote is 100% lugia... mostly because out of all the legendaries, I feel like it is one of the most plain, so it offers quite a blank slate to work with.

My hope would also be that they would only regional variant one legendary ever, like how they only mega evolved one legendary and one mythical. We don't need a plethora of legendary variants, if they do regional variant any of them.

11. CTheng

CTheng Member

Blog Posts:
    Why do I imagine the Dolphin final evolution to be like the Zora from breath of the wild?

If (and it is a big if) this is real, I can see it fittng with the Masculine/Feminine/Mysterious trio theory from the last two gen. The Dolphin can become a huge mascular whale or orca like the Zora as I said. The Rabbit can easily become feminine. And that sure does look like goth/emo eyeliner on the Goat.

12. LunarCaliber

LunarCaliber Member

Blog Posts:
    here's my guesses for what starters will be if those sketches are real:

I think Bunny starter will become Grass/Dark and final evolution will be inspire by Queen of Hearts and White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.

Probably Sheep's two evolutions will be base on a faun and a Satyr. It will gain a fairy type when it evolves.

About dolphin, I think his evolution line will be hard to guess. I am guessing that his killer whale evolution will look like a fishing boat, but probably he will evolve a humpback whale that resembles a steam punk pirate ship.

13. Oriden

Blog Posts:
    Your use of the word "probably" is quite strange. XD

JadsonFox07 likes this.
  14. VelVoxelRaptor

VelVoxelRaptor Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    About the Leaks...

Some of it seems like they are “playing it safe”, but there are some other interesting things...

- No Eeveelutions. Some people expect an Eeveelution in Generation 8. This leak goes against it (And the Eeveelution = Even Generation pattern). It’s “going against people’s expectations”, like other Leaks, so it could end up being real.

- Connection to Ultra Beasts is also interesting since Pixelpar mentioned something about James Turner designing ultra beasts for Generation 8, rather than Gen 7.

- Mention of a Kalos post game sounds interesting as well. There is still AZ’s floette and they did update AZ’s floette’s move animation in Sun/Moon, so they may not be 100% done with Kalos yet. Also if the region is based on England, a dual region might work.

15. Oriden

Blog Posts:
    Honestly, given the amount of recent eevee promotion, I'm iffy on whether we will get a new one this gen too. Hoping we will, but definitely iffy on it. So there is that basis to expect that it won't happen.

We're really at a point where it's a 50/50 thing.

Plus Eevee's Z-move's (Japanese) name and animation would need changes to accommodate a new eeveelution... granted the "nine" could stop including Eevee in the count.

I'mma be so annoyed if that Z-move means no more eeveelutions.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  16. PocketMonster

PocketMonster Member

Blog Posts:
    well, i for one love the water starter rumor thingy. It does look weird but works. That paper is an awful lot of detail for memory. Are we sure they did that from memory and didnt have access to the artwork and hand copying?
    The rabbit, I would much rather have the Fire fake one that was out and about not long ago with the smoke tail... actually this broccoli/lettuce one looks a little similar in my opinion.

techitisJ likes this.
  17. Oriden

Blog Posts:
    They outright stated in the leak that they did it from memory, so yes- supposedly they did.

18. Champion Cynthia

Blog Posts:
    He must've been very skilled to remember their designs well. I have heard of some people that have very gifted photographic memory, so you never know.

19. Oriden

Blog Posts:
    Odds of a Nintendo employee showing official materials to an artist with photographic memory, though.

20. Champion Cynthia

Blog Posts:
    I had a photographic memory of an Animation Showcase Exhibit that happened at the Magna Steelworks Museum in Rotherham over a decade ago. I saw the chapel scene with the gold bullets from ''Wallace and Gromit Curse of the Wererabbit'', an animated series based on living on floating landmasses that became a thing an yet have forgotten it's name. And plans for an animated series taking place in a desert with two flying vehicles and one truck with the back like an armadillo and the front with tusks like a boar. Had there ever been a series with those descriptions, and if so, what is it called? Unless that never saw the light of day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.