• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped using Pokebeach about 2 or 3 years ago because all they ever post is TCG bullshit. But their forums are as good as these ones.

New Leak! Is this credible?
Not at all, IMO. They've got the translated games and region, but not the starter or legendary names? Why? And I seriously doubt they'd name a region the Holan region-it's way too similar to the Holon Region of the TCG.
EDIT: @TechSkylander1518 I think they meant "World", not "Word".
So the world of Gen 8 is tied to the words Sun and Moon? How? Unless we're going to those locations (possible with the moon, but not with the sun), I can't see any connection beyond "this world has a sun and moon". And why call it the world of gen 8 instead of the region? I seriously doubt they're gonna make a game disconnected from all previous games.

Last edited:
Here's kind of a wishlist of what I want in pokémon Gen 8

-Better customization.I want to be able to custum the face, the height, even the age.It's weird to play as a 10 years old whenn you are 22.

-At least 100 new pokemon. I'm not counting regional variant or mega in here. I'm talking of brand new pokemon and evolution of previous pokémon. New Baby pokemon would be could too.It would be awesome if they finally give Farfetch'd an evolution like the one found in Gold and silver beta.

-No more stupid feature that makes battle too easy like the Z move

- ia less stupid. I hope they'll finally use strategic moves .

-Give 6 pokemon to all gym leader and all Elite four members.

-Add more feature that make the game fun like the movie thing in BW2 and the pokeathlon in HGSS

- Give stronger pokemon to the evil team member

-More random strong trainer

- 2 rival, one that is friendly and the other who is an a**hole.

- NO MORE GEN 1 STUFF! I'm a genwunner and i'm tired of the gen 1 pokemon right now. No more mega or regional variants, no more return to kanto unless you do a cmplete reboot of the region. Therefore, evolutions of pokemon that needs it are welcome.

-Like in SM, give us the possibility to keep the pokemon with us or to send it in the box just after we catch him.

-A proper online hub where it will be easy to trade and battle with other.

-An insanly big map

-Move that really touch the target in the animation.

-Awesome music. I didn't like the music in SM.

-More cool looking pokemon like Nidoking and Blaziken and less aweful looking like luvdisc and klefki.

I think that's a lot, but a 70$ game, hope a good game.

If they can't portray Red hair and Curly hair correctly for players, they def can't give us age variations for trainer customisation lol

Excuse me? I don't remember anyone claiming BW's name was racist.

This actually did happen in a few countries, there was a lot of this especially in America, although none of it was super serious, that connotation did certainly exist. Especially with the Pokemon White having Lilligant and Pokemon Black having Whimsicot once some version exclusives were revealed.

We're halfway through January, and after waiting for weeks, I finally feel that this month is done. I don't think we will see anything. Right now, my focus has changed - to February.

This year is reminding me a bit of 2016. There was no news until the reveal of the Magearna in the CoroCoro leaks in the February.

Maybe we'll get the same this year with a corocoro leak in Feb, and then an official announcement on the 26th.

This actually did happen in a few countries, there was a lot of this especially in America, although none of it was super serious, that connotation did certainly exist. Especially with the Pokemon White having Lilligant and Pokemon Black having Whimsicot once some version exclusives were revealed.
XD This. Jokes are inevitable, but I doubt anyone was pissed off about it.

I find the idea of Mars and Venus being offensively sexist to be ridiculous, honestly- I get that they have association with those genders, but that isn't usually remotely the first thing people think of when they see those names. For most people it would be the planets and god/goddess foremost... and then maybe candy bars and razors. Quite a number of things before their gender affiliation.

XD This. Jokes are inevitable, but I doubt anyone was pissed off about it.

I find the idea of Mars and Venus being offensively sexist to be ridiculous, honestly- I get that they have association with those genders, but that isn't usually remotely the first thing people think of when they see those names. For most people it would be the planets and god/goddess foremost... and then maybe candy bars and razors. Quite a number of things before their gender affiliation.

Nothing genuine, mainly memes lol

If people find Mars and Venus sexist, they might want to stay away from mythology lol

The second one it's really interesting, when people think about a fire starter they think about a fire pegasus or unicorn, but a zebra it's really cool too XD. I'm also very interested in the topiary Moa, sounds very original and I wan't to see a fan art of it.

Must refrain from nicknaming it Racing Stripes lol

Have you noticed that most of the fake leaks mention more than 100 new mons? I am actually not expecting more than 80 like for the past two gens. There are almost 1000 pokemon now, I don't think we will see games with more than 100 pokemon anymore. If gen 8 is that game, I think It will be the last time.
Probably this is the reason why they are not doing cross evolutions anymore. Consider that apart from legends gen 7 introduced just 60 normal pokemon. Even just 10 cross evolutions would have meant really few new pokemon lines in the region.
Personally I would love a gen with only new pokemon that are cross gen evolutions.

Anyway...

View: https://www.facebook.com/Cydoniatube/photos/a.1664056243874613/2285905941689637/?type=3&theater

The question was completely out of context apparently but Turner answered,

Last edited:
Have you noticed that most of the fake leaks mention more than 100 new mons? I am actually not expecting more than 80 like for the past two gens. There are almost 1000 pokemon now, I don't think we will see games with more than 100 pokemon anymore. If gen 8 is that game, I think It will be the last time.
Probably this is the reason why they are not doing cross evolutions anymore. Consider that apart from legends gen 7 introduced just 60 normal pokemon. Even just 10 cross evolutions would have meant really few new pokemon lines in the region.
Personally I would love a gen with only new pokemon that are cross gen evolutions.

I would gladly trade legendaries for cross-gen evos. >=/ Very gladly.

View: https://twitter.com/Rocktilleri1/status/1085637523018268672

The second leak,not the first one.

While I like some of the ideas on the second one here, I purely can't see it happening because them making a Mythical Pokemon exclusive to something that costs that much. The difference with Mew being in that Pokeball Plus, and a new mythical, is that mew has been around and has been available multiple times over the years. And Let's Go's main new focus was it's capture mechanics. I can totally see them adding back the same features from Let's Go into these new games. But I do not think they are going to make a brand new mythical exclusive to a what, $40 product or something. GF is a company that wants money, but doing that is outrageous, and they know it.

But the fire Zebra is really cool.

As for the Mars and Venus Rumor. I am pretty skeptical, but I love a lot of the ideas in them. A grass/steel lion sounds really cool. That would definitely be my pick if these were real. 116 new Pokemon does sound like a lot, but honestly, with the games seeming like they are going to be bigger than they have been in a while, I can see them going in with more Pokemon designs than they have been in these last couple of generations.

Not sure about it, but it looks cool nonetheless.

______

I am debating on whether I should put my fake leak under a random pokemon forum under an anonymous name to see people debate over it or not

While I like some of the ideas on the second one here, I purely can't see it happening because them making a Mythical Pokemon exclusive to something that costs that much. The difference with Mew being in that Pokeball Plus, and a new mythical, is that mew has been around and has been available multiple times over the years. And Let's Go's main new focus was it's capture mechanics. I can totally see them adding back the same features from Let's Go into these new games. But I do not think they are going to make a brand new mythical exclusive to a what, $40 product or something. GF is a company that wants money, but doing that is outrageous, and they know it.

But the fire Zebra is really cool.
Mew did still suck, though, because there was no other way to get it in that game. XD

View: https://twitter.com/Rocktilleri1/status/1085637523018268672

The second leak,not the first one.

Might as well take a look at these...

First one-
One of the two games begins with the letter "M" and ends with the letter "S".
Lemme guess- "Minus" and the rumor that never dies.

Second one-
Optional Pokeball Plus Bundle Containing a New Mythical
Totally based on Mew and Let's Go, no doubt. I wouldn't totally write it off as not possible but I would hope that GameFreak knows that the same $40 gimmick isn't as fun the second time around... plus all the people with the original Pokeball Plus who would rage at having to buy a second one because their first one only came with a boring old Mew. Sounds like a bad idea in general- not that Mew was a good idea, but this is notably worse in every way.

Also Carbon and Mercury are stupid names that don't really pair together...?

Might as well poke a stick at this one too-
I found a new "rumor".

>Mars/Venus
>Innito Region
>Based on Italy
>Region theme is harmony
>Vast region with a drastically different aesthetic
>Starters are zodiac themed
>Grass/Steel Lion (Leo)
>Fire/Poison Snake (Ophiuchus)
>Water/Dark Crab (Cancer)
>116 new mon plus 12 regional variants from gens 2 & 3
>3 new Eeveeloutions. Fighting, Poison, Ghost
>Regions mon include fire type pepper line, single stage electric longhorn steer, fairy type dreamcatcher line
>Gen 1 mon will not be native to region, can trade over from LGPE
>Legendaries have connections to heavenly bodies, inspired by Roman myth
>Box Legendaries based on War and Love, Boar and Swan
>Minor trio based on Orion’s belt
>Main evil team leader is female for first time, Antonia
>Team Veil, focused on removing emotion from the world
>BOTW comparisons are accurate for the story, gameplay and graphics will fall short
>2 Switch Bundle Editions upon release, one for each version
>Two catching styles, classic or enhanced
>Pokéball Plus support will be integrated for enhanced
>Overworld Pokémon will return
>Some mechanics from Go and LGPE will bleed over but overall gameplay will be in line with mainline

Probably fake because it seems the same person made a post a couple days ago with just the names and region name. It also looks like its heavily relying the the "user got banned for this post" thing. Still, I thought it was worth sharing.
We already got a part-Steel lion, why add another one so soon?

Fire/Poison would probably be a great type combo if we didn't already just get that too.

116 new pokemon plus 12 regional variants from gens 2 & 3... is so fan service I could almost laugh.

Three new eeveelutions is too many new eeveelutions.

Fire-type pepper line seems like an ongoing joke at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom