• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly colonized by Britain by what time? Unova is modern day, so it would be a melting pot of different origins too, and I don't think there's any need to explore that history because if it's based on actual US history then it's terrible not fun history. Are we really going to have Pokemon get into the "Oh hey British region colonized US region and there totally wasn't anything wrong with that such as displaced natives or the colonists fighting back against their region of origin," and explaining that mess all good and proper in a game where it just doesn't really matter.

Plus, Pokémon is all sunshine and rainbows.

Well, Generation 5 did give us great designs like Zorua, Volcarona, Excadrill, Chandelure and Galvantula, but the most of the others seem really iffy to me...

And the Generation 1 inspired Pokemon mostly ended up being abominations.

Yup... can’t beat the excitement of loading up a brand new Pokémon game and running into a Pidgey for your first wild encounter...

It will be wonderful to find out basically what the visual presentation of the first area with wild Pokemon will be like in Gen 8!!

It is at least within the realm of possibility that they will have their own behaviors and movement throughout the area! One might just stay and watch them for a bit of time!!

I'd love another region based off japan and I do feel like it has a decent shot at happening.

-it would make sense for gamefreak to cater to their fanbase back home after not really doing so for a decade
-japanese culture's popularity outside of japan is at its height right now

Last edited:
http://i.********/vp/1547741698947.jpg
http://i.********/vp/1547742134297.jpg

Seems pretty fake, what do you think?

If there are the starters, then all three are awfully looking the same. Plus the art style doesn't really fit the usual one (Missing shadings as an example).

Pretty sure that was a joke but you do know that Gen V had 150 + pkmn right? A lot of the time the hate boils down to these 3-4 pokemon lines as if they represent the entire Gen V dex. :/

Just used those two to answer in a as much jokingly way. I know there are more, but to be honest, I think half of them are not really good ones (just my personal taste)

At this point I am curious about whether the Gen 8 games will actually have the traditional 3 starters or if potentially there might be an alternate format!
It could be exciting if there is a starter available from either a larger range of types, or even one from each type, even if some of them are not new Pokemon!

I am sure however that if it is the same classic/traditional format that it will be quite wonderful!!

Gen 5 had a lot of good designs. Ferrothorn Zebstrika Galvantula Reuniclus Volcarona Zoroark Zorua Sandile (and its evolutions) Scrafty line Bisharo line Bouffalant both cover legendaries are good I like deerling. Braviary!! And mandinuzz!! Also I liked the ice cream cone line (vanilixe line is cute!).

Sure things like garboader & trubbish and a few others suck, but I overall liked them. I mean gen 1 had a snake named "Ekans" (snake backwards) and a rat called... RATatta...

Gen 5 had an "americanized pokemon" vibe to it. I think all the pokemon we have are mostly good across all gens

At this point I am curious about whether the Gen 8 games will actually have the traditional 3 starters or if potentially there might be an alternate format!
It could be exciting if there is a starter available from either a larger range of types, or even one from each type, even if some of them are not new Pokemon!

I am sure however that if it is the same classic/traditional format that it will be quite wonderful!!
On the other hand, the starters are there to teach the player the rock-paper-scissors system that Pokémon uses, so if they are going to replace them, they have to think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom