• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the clone ball, I wouldn't be too surprised if the Pokemon A large figurine turned out to be armored Mewtwo. I don't really expect a new Mewtwo form under any circumstances now.

We at least know that the small figurine being revealed in March will be a new pokemon, though, so we've definitely got something to look forward to popping up somewhere soon- be it in a movie or in the anime. If it's the anime, it could be the same as Bandai's Pokemon A figurine? I believe that was part of that anime-themed set.

The three secret Banpresto plush, Paul mentioned looked to be part of Detective Pikachu promotion, so I don't know that I expect much from any of those.

Reeeeally hoping that they sneak some Gen 8 cameos into the Mewtwo movie, because there is just so much opportunity to do so. Especially in Donphan's spot- Donphan was a big deal because it was a never before seen pokemon, it would be a miss to not replicate it with something new.

This is on 4channel
1548142234503.jpg

After seeing the clone ball, I wouldn't be too surprised if the Pokemon A large figurine turned out to be armored Mewtwo. I don't really expect a new Mewtwo form under any circumstances now.

We at least know that the small figurine being revealed in March will be a new pokemon, though, so we've definitely got something to look forward to popping up somewhere soon- be it in a movie or in the anime. If it's the anime, it could be the same as Bandai's Pokemon A figurine? I believe that was part of that anime-themed set.

The three secret Banpresto plush, Paul mentioned looked to be part of Detective Pikachu promotion, so I don't know that I expect much from any of those.

Reeeeally hoping that they sneak some Gen 8 cameos into the Mewtwo movie, because there is just so much opportunity to do so. Especially in Donphan's spot- Donphan was a big deal because it was a never before seen pokemon, it would be a miss to not replicate it with something new.

We need clone figurines in our lives. Charizardtwo, Blastoisetwo, Venusaurtwo and their Mega equivalents!

Looks very similar to Zigzagoon...

But then again, Alomomola looked similar to Luvdisc, so it doesn't necessarily unconfirm things either.

I guess my only question would be: why of all things would they leak the gen 8 caterpie instead of something more distinct?

Oh my gosh thats a little cutie pie. The style looks pretty on point too, which is a plus side. Not sure on the japanese text on it. It does share a trait from a leak from last year that I believe was proven fake. It looks like the image was printed out, and taken a picture of. I don't think this one is the real thing, but it sure is adorable.

Southern France and Spain is where Game Freak went to so far. A Mediterranean Region perhaps? However I'm not saying the Region will probably be based around there, seeing that they said they wanted to surprise us. So far, we haven't seen nor heard of Game Freak being in a certain location that became a Pokemon Region, such as New York, France and Hawaii. So our best bet is any country that had no mention of Game Freak being there.

Also, I think the UK fits time, space and Sinnoh to a T. Apart from Big Ben for obvious reasons, we have the Meridian Line which was established at Greenwich, and the Millennium Dome is situated on the line. We also had Stephen Hawking and Patrick Moore who've studied space and time, and there's also Jodrell Bank Observatory in Cheshire.

These are just things I'd like to share.

I acutally saw an old Reddit post minutes ago that the creators of Pokemon went to Southern France.

They went there in 2017-18 as well. Not sure if means anything specific.

I do recall someone mentioning that gamefreak took a trip with a research professor to some country a while back with exploring caves and murals and their history. Maybe that was France.

Only issues with this leak, the line work is too inconsistent ( Gamefreak never does this ) and it doesn’t show any human / trainer interaction that Gamefreak typically showcase with their concepts. Gamefreak also never does over detailed sketches for concepts of Pokémon and their abilities / features. They don’t typicslly even shade much here.

It’s a better leak that what we’ve been seeing lately, but there’s too many inconsistencies that Gamefreak never do.

Southern France and Spain is where Game Freak went to so far. A Mediterranean Region perhaps? However I'm not saying the Region will probably be based around there, seeing that they said they wanted to surprise us. So far, we haven't seen nor heard of Game Freak being in a certain location that became a Pokemon Region, such as New York, France and Hawaii. So our best bet is any country that had no mention of Game Freak being there.

Also, I think the UK fits time, space and Sinnoh to a T. Apart from Big Ben for obvious reasons, we have the Meridian Line which was established at Greenwich, and the Millennium Dome is situated on the line. We also had Stephen Hawking and Patrick Moore who've studied space and time, and there's also Jodrell Bank Observatory in Cheshire.

These are just things I'd like to share.
I don't see why the UK matching Sinnoh's theme matters- new gens come with their own theme, they don't match the theme of the old gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom