• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a leak where they supposed to announce a Pokemon Direct in the Direct tomorrow and to be honest I can see that happening. Not them saying "hey, next week Pokemon Direct" but more like at the end of the Direct tomorrow they're gonna tease it in form of a 20-30 seconds clip with landscapes and maybe seeing the shadows of the legendaries and maybe a tease how the games are gonna be called and at the end a text saying "More in the Pokemon Direct next week on please insert date here.
I strongly doubt they'd show anything beyond the Pokemon logo and a date for a Pokemon direct. Honestly, that's all they actually need to show to create instant hype.

I think th pokemon switch games will be shown in the direct. Remember that they were announce during the nintendo direct at E3 2017. So yes a pokemon game as been announce during a direct.

I think th pokemon switch games will be shown in the direct. Remember that they were announce during the nintendo direct at E3 2017. So yes a pokemon game as been announce during a direct.
The fact that Pokemon games are under development is a very different animal from concrete plot, setting, and gameplay details of those games.

if we're getting the announcement on pokemon day alongside the mewtwo reveal then I think it will be a logos announcement + mewtwo reveal.

Basically S/M style reveal except this time they throw us a new form or something to fuel hype and speculation. Kinda like X/Y pre-release, they can show us the new form without actually telling us what it is right away. Could double as a movie news drop for M22 too.

I can easily see them filling up a few minutes of a pokemon direct talking about how far the franchise has come, etc etc, how much potential it has now on the switch, etc.

But it was announce during a nintendo direct so everything is possible ;)
iirc the fact that Pokemon games were being developed for the Switch was basically already known at the time, so it was more of a confirmation than a reveal. Either way, we shouldn't expect a formal announcement during a standard Nintendo Direct when that's never been the case prior.

Pokemon being revealed in the Nintendo Direct is incredibly unlikely since they specified Fire Emblem as the star over Pokemon- there's really no good marketing reason to keep Pokemon's presence in a Direct as a surprise when that's the one that is going to draw more views.
Lol, with or without Pokémon, Fire Emblem won't be the star of the Direct. There will be a big announcement at the end, just like Smash for March 2018 and Animal Crossing for September 2018.

I strongly doubt they'd show anything beyond the Pokemon logo and a date for a Pokemon direct. Honestly, that's all they actually need to show to create instant hype.

Oh, I had misinterpreted that before. I'm expecting "the Pokémon logo and a date for a Pokémon Direct" or any kind of statement about at least, but I'm expecting a teaser with the game titles at most (those or no announcement until May). But I also think that for a trailer would be better to be shown on a Pokémon Direct, and that a "20-30 seconds clip with landscapes and with the shadows of the legendaries", like NinjutsuSen said, would be too much for a Nintendo Direct. I agree with that.

This Direct will happen at an unusual time in relation to Pokémon Directs. It looks like Fire Emblem will take up a lot of the time and focus. Also, if we were to have something other than a teaser, the social networks of Pokémon would have announced that. And it was also announced that this Direct would contain "violent" content or something along those lines, if I'm not mistaken. And overall, Pokémon Directs would still be the best form for such announcements. I think waiting for anything bigger than a little teaser would be asking for too much, even for those who believe we can have something.

Last edited:
OMG it's finally happening! Then the reveal can happen either on this direct(very unlikely), Pokemon Day, or maybe some day this month we don't know yet. I'm gonna bet for a Pokemon Day Direct with an announcement this Direct or maybe the 14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom