• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder the names are not in kanji? Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, Gold and Silver were all officially written in kanji, then the rest was all in katakana, but hiragana has never been used for main series titles. Even with Sun and Moon, the titles were just the English words in katakana and not the Japanese words for sun and moon in kanji. On top of that, こくおう (written with the characters of 'country' and 'king') sounds pretty weird when comparing it to じょおう (written with the characters for 'female' and 'king').
Edit:
Ninja'd...

Pretty much this.
Normally grammatical japanese words are almost always used in kanji's hiragana's are there just for help like 遊ぶ''have fun'' 遊ぶだった ''had fun''.
Since gold and silver game freak never used any japanese word as game title it was always in english and foreign words are used in katakana's.

Yeah... they're pretty sure fake, but at least this ones are really cool and believeable.

EDIT: by believeable I mean that they're done following the desing of the official logos and not like the other 2 ones with that round thing in the back

Getting real tired if this king queen guy

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 34
It's incredible how many twitter users have sources. There is certainly something extraordinary going on there.

Edit - Obviously, I'm joking. And the King and Queen "leaker" already deleted their twitter account.

Last edited:
It seems that it could possibly be that Mug's source, or themselves, are on the video side/department?

Not specifically regarding their abstract statements, i think that maybe if a full game reveal did not happen next week, that they could/would reveal a new Pokemon!

Then, regarding their statements, I think their source may not be able to tell from what they see, when it would be broadcast etc!

I personally think it's too early to believe what they say. And they don't have any credibility yet. No one saw them leaking anything, and some users pointed out that there is a difference of up to five minutes between some of their tweets (indicating that they may have excluded the wrong guesses after the Direct). They just don't have any credibility yet.

There are many people like Paul and Joe, and users here and on Era confident that we can have something next week anyway.

Last edited:
If I receive 25 likes I will act as I actually know something about the games. I promise.
Ok. Since I received the 25 likes and I'm a man of my word... enough fakes, I'll leak some real stuff:

• As I said there'll be two versions (or less).
  • I hided the names of the games among these letters: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. (Note that even simbols have their names)
  • The 8th gen region is based on a country that is really well-known (to the people who live in that country). I can confirm this country is situated on planet Earth (again, I wish this earth pandering will end someday, right?).
  • There'll be 150+ pokemon (if you include the past gen ones).
  • From what I've been told the official announcement will happen on an odd day. There's really a small chance it will happen on an even day. Let's say 50%.
  • The person who gave me these info does not work for GF or Nintendo but my french uncle who works at Nintendo France told me that a Japanese man that works at Game Freak lost his top secret usb pen drive during a private party in Berlin where this person, who works as a things seeker in San Francisco, found it during his christmas holiday. I cannot tell you how I met this person but I can confirm this person is really lucky.
  • Some people who have seen the games think the first gen pokemon look way better than the 8th gen ones (and the 6 gens before).
  • A lot of you will find the graphics superb but if you are among those who don't like that kind of graphic GF is working on this year, than you probably won't like these either.
  • The strongest trainer you have to battle in these games is a psychopath but he/she doesn't feel confey to talk about it yet, so don't expect any references to it in the games and please show some respect.
  • These games will be more complex than any of the past games (from last year).
  • These games will have less new pokemon (not counting Legends) than Gen 5. If you count legends and past gens pokemon they will have more than gen 5.
  • Seviper and Zangoose still can't stand each other but they're working on it through therapy. They ask for your discretion as they've done with everybody else in the games.
  • There'll be a bull pokemon, ground/dark type, prankster ability. Its Japanese name is Burushitto. <------- :whistle:
I just want to end this post by saying that as any real leak, also this one contains one fake info. I left a hint to find it. Good quest.

Last edited:
Ok. Since I received the 25 likes and I'm a man of my word... enough fakes, I'll leak some real stuff:

• As I said there'll be two versions (or less).
  • I hided the names of the games among these letters: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. (Note that even simbols have their names)
  • The 8th gen region is based on a country that is really well-known (to the people who live in that country). I can confirm this country is situated on planet Earth (again, I wish this earth pandering will end someday, right?).
  • There'll be 150+ pokemon (if you include the past gen ones).
  • From what I've been told the official announcement will happen on an odd day. There's really a small chance it will happen on an even day. Let's say 50%.
  • The person who gave me these info does not work for GF or Nintendo but my french uncle who works at Nintendo France told me that a Japanese man that works at Game Freak lost his top secret usb pen drive during a private party in Berlin where this person, who works as a things seeker in San Francisco, found it during his christmas holiday. I cannot tell you how I met this person but I can confirm this person is really lucky.
  • Some people who have seen the games think the first gen pokemon look way better than the 8th gen ones (and the 6 gens before).
  • A lot of you will find the graphics superb but if you are among those who don't like that kind of graphic GF is working on this year, than you probably won't like these either.
  • The strongest trainer you have to battle in these games is a psychopath but he/she doesn't feel confey to talk about it yet, so don't expect any references to it in the games and please show some respect.
  • These games will be more complex than any of the past games (from last year).
  • These games will have less new pokemon (not counting Legends) than Gen 5. If you count legends and past gens pokemon they will have more than gen 5.
  • Seviper and Zangoose still can't stand each other but they're working on it through therapy. They ask for your discretion as they've done with everybody else in the games.
  • There'll be a bull pokemon, ground/dark type, prankster ability. Its Japanese name is Burushitto. <------- :whistle:
I just want to end this post by saying that as any real leak, also this one contain one fake info. I left a hint to find it. Good quest.
Looks legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom