• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the generation count is getting reset, that means that they are either getting rid of every Pokemon or just keeping the Original 151 and getting rid of everything else. I don't see either option as likely.
Well, UsUm in a way modified the way we can define a generation. After UsUm new pokemon does not necessarly mean new generation, right?

My guess is that they cropped a photo of someone’s fan plush toy- I don’t think they use fabric like the stuff used for the ruff on that toy in the picture very often in official plush anymore?

It looks like a unshaved baby Dialga. o_O

I don't think they're getting rid of any past mons either. Perhaps it'll be like Black and White where there'll be an entire region with nothing but new pokemon. Or maybe they will change the battle system, which I know terrifies meta players

Well, UsUm in a way modified the way we can define a generation. After UsUm new pokemon does not necessarly mean new generation, right?
I do think that there's kind of a difference between adding a handful of new pokemon and adding enough new pokemon to sufficiently populate a new region. Plus, Zeraora aside, all of the new pokemon were UBs, which were kind of the thing for generation 7. It's like when they added new Megas for ORAS in gen 6 except instead of new forms we got new "pokemon" to go with the theme they had going.

Now let's not start this thread off with throwing shade a Joe. Though I do wonder, what's going on with the Sirena doubt recently, she hasn't done anything wrong.

She seems to be a reagular target during leak season. I like her btw. (y)

I think the extremely likely flying eeveelution means this won't be a reboot in the BW sense,since it means Eevee is in the game.Didn't someone say it was a reboot and then said he misunderstood,some time ago?I think the Riddler is probably also misunderstanding.

I do think that there's kind of a difference between adding a handful of new pokemon and adding enough new pokemon to sufficiently populate a new region. Plus, Zeraora aside, all of the new pokemon were UBs, which were kind of the thing for generation 7. It's like when they added new Megas for ORAS in gen 6 except instead of new forms we got new "pokemon" to go with the theme they had going.
I was not saying that usum should be considered a new gen. Just that it modified what we strictly intended as a generation. So we don't know what GF may have done with the generetion concept this time. We have the riddler words but that's his point of view, maybe someone else would have seen a less drastic change. Just to say that a reboot doesn't need necessarly to get rid of all the pokemon to be considered a reboot.

Then what defines a "reboot" then?

Also, are we sure this is referring to the series as a whole as opposed to being something related to the plot of the game?
The Chinese Riddler said that it could affect all future games, and he didn't allude to the plot.

I think the extremely likely flying eeveelution means this won't be a reboot in the BW sense,since it means Eevee is in the game.
Agreed. Can you imagine Sylveon being the poster child for BW?

Ddn't someone say it was a reboot and then said he misunderstood,some time ago?
No. Someone said it was a Kanto remake and then lavandula said otherwise, without really explaining her reasoning. I know that the Japanese Riddler has claimed a new region, but what about Tieba members?

I don't think that a BW reboot is happening because Eevee and the Eeveelutions are going to be in the dex because a new one is pretty much confirmed.

I feel the reboot, if it were to happen, would not be a franchise reboot, obviously, but rather a reboot of one of the games in a retelling fashion. With all the modern elements.

I feel the reboot, if it were to happen, would not be a franchise reboot, obviously, but rather a reboot of one of the games in a retelling fashion. With all the modern elements.
So, a remake? I don't think that GF will start a new console with anything other than a new generation.

I was not saying that usum should be considered a new gen. Just that it modified what we strictly intended as a generation. So we don't know what GF may have done with the generetion concept this time. We have the riddler words but that's his point of view, maybe someone else would have seen a less drastic change. Just to say that a reboot doesn't need necessarly to get rid of all the pokemon to be considered a reboot.

Oh I know, I just mean that I think generations are mostly recognized by a whole boatload of pokemon being released so it's easy to accept a few being added on as just being part of that gen, especially if it's on the same game engine/system and introduced in a sequel or same gen remake like USUM and ORAS.

Whatever they do, though, if it's not a new generation of pokemon with a new region, it's just gonna be a weird generation in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom