• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So @RileyXY1 , still think LGPE will replace the traditional games?
Also, you need a subscription for online trading and battling, does that mean we would have to pay for trading and battling in Gen VIII? That would mean there will be less trades tnd battles available.

Obviously not, because we know LGPE wasn't for us and we still have 2019 to look forward to. =P

I think what he's trying to say is that there's this trend that GF is focusing more and more on 'them' and not 'us' (and that GF is paying way too much attention to LGPE which can be classified as your average spin-off game).

I like the graphics of LGPE, but I don't like the chibi characters. Interestingly, I don't mind the chibi style of Gen VI, but the LGPE one just doesn't work for me. I don't even know what it is exactly that bothers me.
Yeah, that's also really my only complaint about the graphics (aside from the frequent flashing from the teleporting follower pokemon) because the big eyes and large head gives the characters an awful bobblehead appearance. I notice most of the NPCs don't seem to be as bad about it, but the player characters' proportions are just bad.

Gen 8 will 100% have paid online. That’s a given.

But hey, on the bright side, it will hopefully have much more online features than LGPE. Paying for it will suck a little less =P

Gen 8 will 100% have paid online. That’s a given.

But hey, on the bright side, it will hopefully have much more online features than LGPE. Paying for it will suck a little less =P
=/ I'd rather have free online than more features. Locking that interactivity behind a paywall seems like a major step backwards.

Obviously not, because we know LGPE wasn't for us and we still have 2019 to look forward to. =P
Idk who you're talking about, this game is absolutely for me. But I'm a die-hard that is gonna cry my eyes out at every game.

Remember that paid online won't affect all Switch games with online capability. It was stated that there will be some exceptions to this.

Yeah... it kinda doesn't make sense why LGPE would need a subscription and Gen 8 wouldn't, considering LGPE doesn't even have Wonder Trade or GTS. Unless that's just another cash grab inspired by GO players' willingness to fork out small amounts of cash for microtransactions... maybe it's a "feature" to make the games all the more relatable to that crowd. ;P

Maybe LGPE won't be able to trade with Gen 8 or any other game, so it's on its own service and Gen 8 will use the same online resources as the 3DS games. Fingers crossed that that's the case because having to pay to connect over the internet is such a bummer after having it free for three generations now.

Again, isn’t there a separate LGPE thread now? Every time I come on here to see what people are discussing about Gen VIII, all I see is relentless bitching about LGPE.

I think there’s a lot about the Let’s Go games that are going to make it a really enjoyable game. Not to mention how good it is that we are getting something else to play before Gen VIII comes out. If you can’t see the positives in all of this because of stuff like your partner Pokémon teleporting or the Gym guy giving you a very simple challenge then... well... sucks to be you, I guess.

Finally, on the Mew thing... everyone realises we aren’t getting charged $50 for Mew, right? We’re getting charged for a hardware accessory. An optional one, at that. If you aren’t planing on buying one then you won’t get Mew. That’s too bad, although mythicals are supposed to be rare so....? It’s a bonus for those who buy the accessory, it’s not a f****** paywall for a Pokémon.

I’m sorry for seeming a little heated but honestly, this thread has really pissed me off. I think a lot of people here need to just... stop talking about LGPE for a while. Go elsewhere on the forums? Like, isn’t carrying the weight of your own negative energy really tiring you out?

No one here is actively here being negative about LGEP. The game doesnt appeal to others and people like me. If others think good thats fine but the hype for these gen 8 increase after seeing how garbage LGEP look.

Thats my case. Wont even talk about that game i wont play, no more

LGPE is kinda relevant to the discussion of Gen 8, though, as it's kind of a glimpse at what we might get in 2019- so a lot of the discussion is really more to the point of "Hope Gen 8 isn't like this." and "Well this looks pretty good, but I hope it gets improved."- like the walking pokemon. Seriously, they can just walk out of the way instead of teleporting, I don't need fireworks every time I literally turn around.

The online service is a huge concern, too, since we've had online trading and battles free for so long, and locking trading and battles behind a paywall is a major detriment to interactive play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom