• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else from Gen VII should be in Smash? Decidueye is already in a fighting game, Primarina would look weird in Smash, Mimikyu and Bewear are assists, etc. Only Incineroar looks like it would fit there.

Well, what else are we going to talk about, then?

Besides, you know, repeatedly stating how fake that whale art is.

Pokemon Switch might use the same graphic engine of GF's new IP "Town"

Please no.

Thankfully I don't see that happening. I think that Pokemon Switch will be a progression from the Generation VII style, which was already a significant step up from the chibi, 2.5D style of Generation VI.

I tolerated Generation VI's style in Generation VI. But that has no place on the Switch.

I prefer the non-chibi style for Pokemon, it just seems weird to me that the game would change art styles in the middle, like chibi changing to more realistic proportions whenever battles are initiated.

Okay... this is twice now that they could've shown something new, but decided not too. Are they relying solely on nostalgia to sell this game? Or maybe they don't have that much confidence in the game to do that well due to all the backlash they got when they were first announced? Something is going on over there...
At this point, it’s probably both.

Anyone who thinks this game isn’t going to sell like hot cakes needs a reality check imo.

Well, a girl can dream. But it's very hard for me to have faith in other people in the last couple of years. At least this time it's just a video game and not an election.

Anyone who thinks this game isn’t going to sell like hot cakes needs a reality check imo.
It obviously isn’t going to flop as many are hoping for, but I doubt it’ll bring in the amount of sales that Nintendo and Game Freak hope it will. I don’t even expect it to reach up to USUM sales.

It obviously isn’t going to flop as many are hoping for, but I doubt it’ll bring in the amount of sales that Nintendo and Game Freak hope it will. I don’t even expect it to reach up to USUM sales.

It’s casual appeal can be compared to the Wii, which sold a LOT due to the uncanny popularity among the casual fanbase.
Pokemon is a household name and LGPE capitalises on the most popular and appealing aspects of Pokemon, not to mention it adopts aspects from Pokemon go which recently garnered attention for the franchise even among people who weren’t interested in it.

It’s casual appeal can be compared to the Wii, which sold a LOT due to the uncanny popularity among the casual fanbase.
Pokemon is a household name and LGPE capitalises on the most popular and appealing aspects of Pokemon, not to mention it adopts aspects from Pokemon go which recently garnered attention for the franchise even among people who weren’t interested in it.
I don’t think they can really count on the GO audience as a whole though. The reason it does well is because of the F2P aspect and the micro transactions that net it a lot of cash. I doubt that the majority of them will shell-out $300+ for an experience that they already have for a cheaper cost.

I do see your point though. I liked your Wii comparison. (y)

For the Generation VIII art style, I think it should be HD 3D models that are consistent between battles and the overworld, with fully animated faces, not the ones that change textures. No outlines. While outlines may give it an anime aesthetic, the character design could do it themselves. And if they can get voice actors from the anime to make voice acting accompany the text boxes and to help with the lip sync, that'll be great. But considering the player's custom name, it will be awkward to do. Nicknamed Pokémon can be called by their species, but the player?

And if they can get voice actors from the anime to make voice acting accompany the text boxes and to help with the lip sync, that'll be great.
Eh, the voice acting for the dub is absolutely terrible imo.

If there’s going to be voice acting i’d rather not have the voice actors from the anime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom