• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing making it suspicious would be the region size combined witht the fact he said we're able to return to Kalos.

If the cities and routes become much bigger, then they need to scale up Kalos routes and cities to a similiar size (I don't mean the number of routes or cities but how big they actually are) and that means that they're probably need to redesign the whole region. I mean they still need to do it for Kalos to fit in the new engine, but then I am questioning myself why they need to bring Kalos back if the new region is already so much bigger that you don't need a second region to have more areas, cities etc. to explore.

If the region is based on south France, then yeah probably, but I doubt the would pick south France for a new region and not saving that for a sequel.

I don't necessarily disagree, but can you really say that just getting the titles and Magearna for SM was enough to keep people invested in the discussion for three months?

I've said before, I don't think that's enough. We need something more like XY's reveal with a full trailer.

Even XY with its more substantial reveals had a burnout heading towards May and I remember some dropping out of discussion for other games until that point. Ultimately, if the intent is to keep people engaged throughout the year, the early part is still rather limited since there's only so much that you can recycle the small amount of discussion points given, so fans still get antsy again and the tease we get just serves as a small fix to a bigger problem.

In a sense, it's like the new restaurant offering you a taste of their meat platter, but making you wait until next week to get the full thing. Yeah the taste is appreciated and it gives you something to look forward to, but you can do without it and focus on other things before its grand opening later on.

Again though, the difference is that we have confirmation a game is coming ahead of time. The point is that we've basically been in that January/February t0 May period for 8 months already. So it's really too late to fix things the way you'd want them to. At this point it's a matter of whether or not they leave fans wondering about some mystery game for about a year or they space things out to make the wait more bearable. And I think in this case, the latter would be more ideal.

As much as "+- is fake, Crown/Scepter is fake" endears me to a leak, it's really odd that this guy would post that a leak disproven four years ago isn't real as a major part of his own leak. Several of his tweets indicate that he had no idea about a reveal date just a few days ago:

And right here he says he has no actual info.

(also, he's a pretty big asshole-I saw tweets like "The LGBT community is annoying as fuck", tweets supporting the trans ban and calling trans people "mentally delusional", so let's not give him a bigger platform for that stuff, yeah?)

Also if the "hot/cold" rumours turn out to be true, I am disappointed no one just put up a picture of Katy Perry as a hint.
Wait, Hot/Cold rumors? What are they?

Well, my source, who will only identify themselves by the name of Throat Chop, has informed me that the next game will be set in Kalos. I've been told the titles are Pokémon Proletariat and Pokémon Bourgeoisie

They also shared with me some more surprising information

Game Freak have seen how hungry fans are for more Kalos, so after Proletariat and Bourgeoisie, they will release Let's Go Togepi and Let's Go Marill, but instead of going to Kanto after beating the League, we will go to Kalos again

Subsequent games are only in the very early planning stages, but I have it that Game Freak are in fact planning to stop making new regions altogether for the foreseeable future, in favor of a thirteen-year onslaught of Kalos games, with Zygarde being the mascot of all of them and receiving a new forme for every letter of the alphabet (this will be hinted at with the Unown in LGTM): Pokémon A and B, then C and D, then E and F, then G and H, then I and J, then K and L, then M and N, then O and P, then Q and R, then S and T, then U and V, then W (released as a single game because it's already two letters), and finally culminating in Pokémon X2 and Y2 (the 2s are stylized like Zs), where you will start in Kalos, and after beating the League, you will be able to go back to the original Kalos from X and Y

Last edited:
Apparently there has been something going around about Summer/Winter too? Even if it's fake, the idea that they split the games by season (instead of by 24 hours like SM) is a cool one.

The hot/cold thing came from a Masuda tweet, where he is saying something along the lines that he's cold, wherever that was. In other words, it's just like that "renewal" rumor.

It also works with the Joy-con controllers and the traditional Red/Blue theme they try to wedge in all the games.

Also he's making tweets relating to love, which Hot and Cold can link into, there was the growlithe image as well.
Many are saying the 13th February in America would actually be 14th February in Japan, where its a major holiday.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFckRhgm87o

hmm

what?

Translation: "Next week is going to be very special and it's not because of St. Valentine. Something's going to happen that we recommend you should not miss out. The countdown starts now!"

This was posted near the end of a page on Friday..!! (As a result it did not receive any discussion beyond the helpful translation!)

~~~~

Above that post on the "First dates" twitter page is another one from a related media page.

Friends of @firstdates_tv, we are preparing a week of love filled with special moments that we want to live with you all. But next Wednesday in #FirstDates837 something will happen that you do not imagine. Are you going to miss it?

:giggle::giggle::unsure:

I feel like it must be something relatively high profile from Nintendo. Is Animal Crossing really popular in Spain? If not that, it could be something else other than Pokemon? (Maybe they have designed another dessert-inspired Pokemon?) @SodiumChloride , how did you find out about this? :)

as mentioned in the comments to that video, Frost & Flame would sound much much much better than Hot & Cold

I could actually see Frost and Flame being the titles too. They sound very pokemon-ish imo

I don't think Masuda is hinting at things, but I would like Frost and Flame as titles (I already have said that here actually).

The region could have quite a mild climate middle of the road, not too hot too cold, and the protagonists might think the region could benefit either from hotter tropical summers or alternative in the other game, colder snow filled winters.

@TechSkylander1518 literally posted a tweet of him saying he doesn’t have any sources.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/SacredFroakie/status/1091027713861865472

He has been right on other things in the past I believe, not certain however.

A weather theme would be veering into Hoenn's territory quite a bit, to say nothing of the mascots stealing Articuno and Moltres' roles.

The same goes for Tradition and Innovation with respect to Reshiram and Zekrom. Just because a theme could be explored further doesn't mean that it should be done in a new region.

With so many rushing to discredit anything Plus/Minus or Crown/Sceptre, denouncing them both in his initial tweet could be seen as a way to try and win credibility.

A weather theme would be veering into Hoenn's territory quite a bit, to say nothing of the mascots stealing Articuno and Moltres' roles.

The same goes for Tradition and Innovation with respect to Reshiram and Zekrom. Just because a theme could be explored further doesn't mean that it should be done in a new region.
Eventually they will run out of completely unique themes and have to resort to themes "similar" (but not the same) as previous games.

as mentioned in the comments to that video, Frost & Flame would sound much much much better than Hot & Cold

I could actually see Frost and Flame being the titles too. They sound very pokemon-ish imo
I get what you mean, but imo flame would be too similar too fire, as in firered. That would be like if they made a new Gen and one of the games was called "heart" or "omega". Hot and Cold on the other hand could have a more general application, like for example the weather/seasons.

He has been right on other things in the past I believe, not certain however.

From what I've researched, I didn't find anything. ?

Well, we had Sun and Moon after Ho-Oh and Lugia. Also, a "Flame and Frost (Hot and Cold)" theme could allude to many things other than weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom