• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Valentine was Italian, and Italy is known as the country of love.
I know France also calls itself the country of love, but trust me, Italian lovers are more romantic, imagine going down the canals of Venice with that special someone etc.

Pokemon Go is going to have a valentine's day event, I wonder if it'll be somehow tied to a reveal of Gen 8 (because why not). They are being mum about what the event will be, other than "pink" pokemon spawning more often.

There's contributing, and then there's talking about a years-old leak that's been disproven time and time again.

If saying that Plus and Minus is confirmed fake counts as bullying, then you can include the mods in that group, because it's marked as proven fake in Pyrax's post at the start of the thread.

Saying you believe Plus/Minus is debunked is not bullying. However continually mocking and making fun of other users most definitely is.
Besides the original post in question wasn't mocking people who believe in Plus/Minus (which I am not one of by the way) so I'm not sure where you got that from. It was mocking people wished to revisit Kalos or believed Kalos could be included in a future game besides a remake.

Since there is some speculation on if Kalos could be included, If anyone is curious, here is a little mockup of an ingame map of a UK region, that includes Kalos.
I can see Kalos adding new routes to further connect the regions as well.

Overall the new games would be similar to scope in HeartGold/SoulSilver with a comparable but larger amount of total areas,(For reference, there are 55 explorable locations in Kanto in HGSS, and 60 locations in Kalos in XY)

It would have an ingame dex that's proportional to the overall amount of Pokemon we'll have (900 give or take). I predict most of the Pokemon in the Kalos dex will remain, with the friend safari exclusive mons spread over the new region instead.

A weather theme would be veering into Hoenn's territory quite a bit, to say nothing of the mascots stealing Articuno and Moltres' roles.

The same goes for Tradition and Innovation with respect to Reshiram and Zekrom. Just because a theme could be explored further doesn't mean that it should be done in a new region.

I do agree that they probably wouldn't encroach on Hoenn's weather theme again, but I don't think the "seasonal" element of the Winged Mirages has ever been prominent enough for those to really be considered "their" roles, especially since there isn't an autumnal bird.

"Tradition/Innovation" just sounds like uninspired fanwank to me, to be honest.

Those names sound way too complex

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see then. :)

One more hint... "February 31st." That's all I'm saying...

I find it highly unlikely that we would revisit a past region in these games. I want the new region to stand on its own and not be bogged down by Gen 6 or any other previous gen.

Saying you believe Plus/Minus is debunked is not bullying. However continually mocking and making fun of other users most definitely is.
Besides the original post in question wasn't mocking people who believe in Plus/Minus (which I am not one of by the way) so I'm not sure where you got that from. It was mocking people wished to revisit Kalos or believed Kalos could be included in a future game besides a remake.
You quoted Icy Wind's post, which mentioned Plus and Minus by name, and said nothing about Kalos...

I don't think it's likely we'd be getting a general direct and a pokemon direct in the same week, but I can see us getting one like a week or two later (pokemon day :lapras:)

Most of these insiders commenting are most likely referring to the general direct, but if we were to see something pokemon related in the same week that'd be awesome.

Last edited:
You quoted Icy Wind's post, which mentioned Plus and Minus by name, and said nothing about Kalos...

I don't think it's likely we'd be getting a general direct and a pokemon direct in the same week, but I can see us getting one like a week or two later (pokemon day :lapras:)

Most of these insiders commenting are mostly likely referring to the general direct, but if we were to see something pokemon related in the same week that'd be awesome.

Yes; it is currently confusing in a good way! I think there have only been two generations revealed since the idea of Pokemon Direct(s) began? (You probably already remember, but, the first for X & Y was in January, and the second for Sun & Moon was in February!)

It could be different this time, but it seems like this is a very good time of year for presenting a new generation game via a Pokemon Direct!!
There may be enough new announcements for a full Nintendo one as well, but, it is hard to tell if there are actually enough additional announcements and updates.

...Are you referring to Esserise's post about A-Z? That wasn't posted by Icy Wind, so I don't see why you're attributing it to him, and you never responsed to Esserise's post, so I don't understand why you think it'd be obvious that it was what you were referring to.

Last edited:
I did, several times. I didn't see any post from Icy Wind about Kalos. I didn't see you quote any other post from Icy Wind before the +- meme. So instead of being condescending (ironic, given how often you complain about everyone else being rude for disagreeing with you), why not just quote the post you're referring to?

I feel like we will get news very soon, but I’m a bit reluctant to believe they will simply announce a Pokemon Direct.

My reasoning is that the moment a Pokemon Direct gets announced, all Pokemon fans will know what to expect. I think TPC will want to do something different and less predictable.

Well, maybe they don’t care and they will simply hype up the Pokemon Direct, but the way LGPE and Meltan were revealed makes me think they might be trying something different again. :unsure:

but I don't think the "seasonal" element of the Winged Mirages has ever been prominent enough for those to really be considered "their" roles, especially since there isn't an autumnal bird.
It's stated quite clearly in several Pokedex entries and there was a movie about it, which Game Freak ended up acknowledging in XY. I'd find it unfitting if they assigned the seasonal element to new legendaries instead of doing something new with the birds in some games. I wouldn't mind a foliage bird, possibly as a "little sister" rather than a proper legendary.

Been awhile since been on this thread but anywho, could

Most of these insiders commenting are most likely referring to the general direct, but if we were to see something pokemon related in the same week that'd be awesome.
We got a pokemon direct in Feb 2016 and a nintendo direct a week later:lapras:

I feel like we will get news very soon, but I’m a bit reluctant to believe they will simply announce a Pokemon Direct.

My reasoning is that the moment a Pokemon Direct gets announced, all Pokemon fans will know what to expect. I think TPC will want to do something different and less predictable.

Well, maybe they don’t care and they will simply hype up the Pokemon Direct, but the way LGPE and Meltan were revealed makes me think they might be trying something different again. :unsure:
They could do a press event like LGPE but livestream it this time

I did, several times. I didn't see any post from Icy Wind about Kalos. I didn't see you quote any other post from Icy Wind before the +- meme. So instead of being condescending (ironic, given how often you complain about everyone else being rude for disagreeing with you), why not just quote the post you're referring to?

Because the conversation has long since moved on, I don't feel the need to go back and search through pages of old posts just because you've felt the need to bring it back up and get involved in a conversation you were not there for initially.

Because the conversation has long since moved on, I don't feel the need to go back and search through pages of old posts just because you've felt the need to bring it back up and get involved in a conversation you were not there for initially.
If the conversation has long since moved on, why did you bring it up at all? I never said anything about a long-past post, I was referring only to Icy Wind's +- post.

If the conversation has long since moved on, why did you bring it up at all? I never said anything about a long-past post, I was referring only to Icy Wind's +- post.

There's contributing, and then there's talking about a years-old leak that's been disproven time and time again.

If saying that Plus and Minus is confirmed fake counts as bullying, then you can include the mods in that group, because it's marked as proven fake in Pyrax's post at the start of the thread.

The conversation had moved on, you were not involved. You decided to get involved, and then made demands to know the full story, whereas I believe you are capable of reading it for yourself. If you were not there for the full event perhaps you should not be commenting on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom