• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The conversation had moved on, you were not involved. You decided to get involved, and then make demands to know the full story, whereas I believe you are capable of reading it for yourself.
My "demands to know the full story" was just asking for clarification on what you meant by the "original post". You quote a post of Icy Wind's, and that seemed to be the start of the conversation to me. You make references to Icy Wind "mocking the idea of returning to Kalos", but as I've said before, he has no such posts.

Let me ask you again, because you said you weren't even looking through previous pages-is this not the post you were referring to that was "mocking the idea of returning to Kalos"?
Well, my source, who will only identify themselves by the name of Throat Chop, has informed me that the next game will be set in Kalos. I've been told the titles are Pokémon Proletariat and Pokémon Bourgeoisie

They also shared with me some more surprising information

Game Freak have seen how hungry fans are for more Kalos, so after Proletariat and Bourgeoisie, they will release Let's Go Togepi and Let's Go Marill, but instead of going to Kanto after beating the League, we will go to Kalos again

Subsequent games are only in the very early planning stages, but I have it that Game Freak are in fact planning to stop making new regions altogether for the foreseeable future, in favor of a thirteen-year onslaught of Kalos games, with Zygarde being the mascot of all of them and receiving a new forme for every letter of the alphabet (this will be hinted at with the Unown in LGTM): Pokémon A and B, then C and D, then E and F, then G and H, then I and J, then K and L, then M and N, then O and P, then Q and R, then S and T, then U and V, then W (released as a single game because it's already two letters), and finally culminating in Pokémon X2 and Y2 (the 2s are stylized like Zs), where you will start in Kalos, and after beating the League, you will be able to go back to the original Kalos from X and Y

Uhh... Eeveelutions, too. What do you guys think? Do you think we'll really get any more of them in Gen 8? If so, what types do you think are most likely based on the types we have so far? What kind of new methods do y'all think they'll come up with? I've heard people here talk about some types, so I drew some potential designs for a bug and a steel type eeveelution:

"Magneon looks kinda like umbreon" shhhh. If we get a bug type ever, I hope it's based on the Venezuelan Poodle Moth (pictures were shown earlier of it, and it's what I based Antenneon on).

Alright, well... I think the conversation should just move on anyway because I don't think anyone knows what Defiant is talking about at this point except Defiant.

SO HEY- still no CoroCoro pages yet, huh? Bummer.
No, and the cover doesn't have anything that looks Pokémon related. Or at least, I don't know what should I look for.

EDIT: I need that Bug Eeveelution.

Alright, well... I think the conversation should just move on anyway because I don't think anyone knows what Defiant is talking about at this point except Defiant.

SO HEY- still no CoroCoro pages yet, huh? Bummer.
It usually leaks on the 12th but it could leak tommorow morning
I'm looking foward too it

Uhh... Eeveelutions, too. What do you guys think? Do you think we'll really get any more of them in Gen 8? If so, what types do you think are most likely based on the types we have so far? What kind of new methods do y'all think they'll come up with? I've heard people here talk about some types, so I drew some potential designs for a bug and a steel type eeveelution:
View attachment 115730
"Magneon looks kinda like umbreon" shhhh. If we get a bug type ever, I hope it's based on the Venezuelan Poodle Moth (pictures were shown earlier of it, and it's what I based Antenneon on).
I'm actually kind of worried with the massive amount of eeveelution merchandise lately that it might be a sign that we won't get a new one this gen. =/ Hoping I'm wrong, though.

So far all eeveelutions have belonged to the special grouping, so I think Dragon is the only likely future eeveelution personally.
We could potentially see an equivalent line for the physical types branched from a different line.

So far all eeveelutions have belonged to the special grouping, so I think Dragon is the only likely future eeveelution personally.
We could potentially see an equivalent line for the physical types branched from a different line.
Umbreon was originally Poison, though, and the Special grouping stopped being a thing several generations back, so I don't think that's an issue.

Umbreon was originally Poison, though, and the Special grouping stopped being a thing several generations back, so I don't think that's an issue.

That was only the beta demo though. Was Dark type in the beta demo?
It just always seemed odd to me that Ghost, the very definition of not a physical being, the super natural etc, was physical, while dark, which in Japanese is more dirty/underhanded fighting, biting etc was special.

It just always seemed odd to me that Ghost, the very definition of not a physical being, the super natural etc, was physical, while dark, which in Japanese is more dirty/underhanded fighting, biting etc was special.
Yeah Dark-type was in the beta demo, and several pokemon had been given it.

That is kind of weird, isn't it. XD I mean, I guess Dark as a malevolent force could be Special, but Ghost is a bit of an odd one- physical as a non-physical state of being? It's interesting to think about.

No, it was Poison in the Beta. That's how we discovered they changed its type. It also was slightly different (or just got a better spriter).

But you're right that Ghost being physical and Dark special was weird.

EDIT: I misread your post. Yes, the Dark-Type was in the demo but only six Pokémon got that Type. The Houndour line, for example, was pure Fire at the time.

I don't think we are going to get a Pokemon Direct, we only would get one of those if they are announcing the games + revealing Pokemon, etc

I think what is likely is a Nintendo Direct with the titles being announced at the end, maybe with announcing the new region name and showing a picture of it.

If we get a new eeveelution i want a dragon or steel type
But I usually don't care about eeveelutions anyways
Except Jolteon, one of my favorite pokemon

No, it was Poison in the Beta. That's how we discovered they changed its type. It also was slightly different (or just got a better spriter).

View attachment 115731

But you're right that Ghost being physical and Dark special was weird.
Honestly, I think it just got a better spriter. There's some evidence that someone else went through and re-sprited them for the GBC anyway, what with Igglybuff's hair curl getting turned into a marking. I'd like to think that if the original spriter had updated that one, they would have kept the shading to still make its curl-ness apparent.

It's stated quite clearly in several Pokedex entries

I'm not trying to be combative here, but... has it? I'm looking at the entries, and Articuno has only one entry that mentions winter, and even then it's "winter air," which is more general. A lot of its previous entries say it's capable of making snow fall by flapping its wings, but I don't think that necessarily implies a relationship to the season of winter. That's no different from Slowpoke bringing rain by yawning.

The only Zapdos entry that mentions "summer" storms rather than just thunderstorms in general is Crystal's, and that game was ages ago.

To be fair, Moltres is more frequently mentioned in conjunction with springtime, with the interpretation apparently being that it brings an early spring with it wherever it travels, but considering that its Crystal entry says that it "migrates from the south along with the spring," I get the sense that it doesn't "represent" spring so much have a typically bird-like migratory pattern that causes people to associate it with spring based on observation.

and there was a movie about it, which Game Freak ended up acknowledging in XY.

I haven't watched The Power of One in forever, so I could very well just be blanking out on it, but I don't remember that movie saying that the birds were linked to the seasons. It was more of a "balance of nature" thing in general, wasn't it?

Even then, that "acknowledgement" in XY seemed incredibly indirect and inconsequential to me. Like, they also referenced the anime by having Steven talk about battling Rayquaza alongside Alain, too, but that made little sense in context and meant nothing significant.

I'd find it unfitting if they assigned the seasonal element to new legendaries instead of doing something new with the birds in some games. I wouldn't mind a foliage bird, possibly as a "little sister" rather than a proper legendary.

I do like this idea, though. It's more interesting than making a fairly cookie-cutter Legendary quartet with an obvious theme. Personally speaking, I actually appreciate how loose the seasonal "theme" of the Mirages is, even though I think it could be outlined a little more clearly. All I'm really saying is, I don't think it's so overt that Game Freak wouldn't be willing to make a group of Legendaries that are more clearly connected to the seasons. Hell, even if it were a bigger part of the birds' lore, I don't think that would stop them - Entei being the "Volcano Pokémon" didn't stop them from making Heatran, after all, and Cresselia didn't preclude Lunala.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

There's been an uptick of fighting in the thread and we got a bunch of reports as a result. We are going to lock the thread for a few hours while the mod team sorts out these reports. In the meantime, consider using the ignore feature to ignore other posters you no longer want to see by clicking on their profile and hit the "ignore" button.

Yes; an announcement for whichever type of Direct it could be should happen sometime today! (Although i think every now and then they are announced with just one day in between? )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom