• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping that there will be some kind of announcement for the Pokémon Direct in this general Direct so we won't have to speculate about dates anymore. They could end the presentation by revealing the date of the Pokémon Direct.

Has a direct ever introduced another direct?

@Pyrax could the mods please consider adding a rule/recommendation to provide tldrs (To long, didn’t read) equivalents when posting a video? It could help filter out clickbait and be a blessing for people with slower internet who'd rather not play videos if they can help it.

Considering the Nintendo Direct is only 35 minutes long, i wouldn't expect anything Pokemon related and if it comes, it will most likely be the logo reveal, but i think we only get that at the end of the Direct, else they lose a lot of people watching if they do it early and it will overshadow the rest of the Direct.

So I know I'm alone in this but I still think there's a chance we could get a Pokémon gen 8 reveal in the general direct. Now if this happens I suspect we will have a very different hype cycle then we have in previous years. This idea that gen 8 may be announced in a general direct is predicated on my theory that that there is a "new switch strategy" that's going to direct how all switch games are marketed thus folding Pokémon back into the normal Nintendo hype cycle instead of having do it's own thing.

If I'm wrong about this then I suspect we will get a very normal hype cycle this year.

Again I don't want to get people's hopes up this is not me saying this will for sure happen we could still get noting Pokémon related in the direct but I have noticed some odd thing so far this year and it makes me think this year is going to be different.

Yes; it is interesting; the Sun & Moon initial reveal trailer did not include any gameplay but did present the names/logos. The X & Y reveal trailer had so much gameplay, and introduced the starters by name, then even included Xerneas and Yveltal!!
Something in between would be most welcome!

Remember this... Pokémon is only shown in their own directs... During the 3DS Era...

We are in the Switch Era. Things are different now. LGP/LGE where not revealed in their own directs. I believe it was actually a press conference of some sort iirc.

Since the direct probably covers games for the most of 2019. I think Pokémon definitely has a chance of showing up.

Unless that one rumor was true (not sure if it was a rumor or a report), and Gamefreak regrets revealing Sun/Moon too early... Of that’s the case then an E3 reveal could happen (Cause Sun/Moon was technically “revealed” in May. We knew nothing but the titles and Magerana in February. The starters/legends where not revealed until May. If that’s “too early” for game freak... Then we are in trouble. You think the wait now is bad?)

TBH I'm more excited for this ND because of Animal Crossing. I expect a full reveal of that game tomorrow on the direct.

I think we could get a title reveal, with some more details given at the end of Pokemon Day Treehouse q&a. It would be a good setup for it anyway

I’d be wary on expecting anything. Everything indicates that FE is going to be the major, if not sole focus.

From reddit:
There are more information on Nintendo JP page:

• mainly for Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • only related with Nintendo Switch
  • around 35 minutes
  • New information on applications for smartphones is not included.
  • May contain age-restricted content.

I’d be wary on expecting anything. Everything indicates that FE is going to be the major, if not sole focus.

From reddit:
There are more information on Nintendo JP page:

• mainly for Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • only related with Nintendo Switch
  • around 35 minutes
  • New information on applications for smartphones is not included.
  • May contain age-restricted content.

Even if I dont expect Pokemon... I do expect some twist at the end of their direct. They always try to throw us a curveball. Maybe itll be main mario game or Mario maker 2, or maybe it could be gen 8 title drops...

But my hunch says we will get something. Just hope that something is pokemon related :(

EDIT: my gut says we will get some boring smash dlc reveal at end

Is contemplating skipping my class tomorrow just so I can watch the Direct

Yes, since it's just a general Direct we shouldn't expect anything Pokemon related coming from it, but I think it would be kind of neat if they did announce a Pokemon Direct date in it. At least this will get the Nintendo Direct out of the Way so we can focus on other dates, and for everyone predicting a Pokemon Day reveal, this does give 2 weeks for the hype of the General Direct to calm down, and then for Pokemon to prepare and get everyone hyped for a Pokemon Direct, or however they choose to announce the new games.

Anyways, I'm stoked for the General Direct tomorrow, even if we see no Pokemon news. Please Nintendo, talk about the Sheldon's Picks for Splatoon 2... please Nintendo plz.

Pretty sure Paul has already seen the mystery figurine and has an idea of what's dropping on the 27th.

That's basically what I figured was happening. But I wanted to see him post it. I get really exasperated at the one line posts with a wink and a nod. I recall he was wrong about something during the LGPE cycle and since then I've been a little more sceptical.

Again this isn't about me wanting Pokemon to be revealed tomorrow, I'm cool with whenever, but I'm trying to make sense of the marketing of this because Pokemon day still doesn't make any sense to me as a day that would reach the most people.

Is there anything in that video other than King Zell's 13 post?
Nah, it's just discussion and speculation on King Zell's other posts (which he claims "have never been wrong", but I thought people said he's been wrong before?), then moving to Emily and Pixelpar's posts, with just quick bits about Pokemon-
  • "King Zell said Pokemon's coming out in 2019" (yeah, so did Game Freak)
  • "Pokemon usually does its own announcements separately, but I think it'd be cool to catch people off-guard by putting it in with other announcements"
  • "The Pokemon Day celebration is coming up and people are flying out for a Q&A session"
(Gotta love how he can make a video almost entirely about sharing someone else's posts but still make money off of it...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom