• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are to be used in future Let's Go games. They did say that they think that it will spawn a subseries.

Do you really think we’re seeing Let's Go Alola anytime soon? It has animations of literally all Pokémon (even those which have no hope of appearing in any Let's Go games, like the Unova roster).
Not to mention it’s ridiculous to expect the series to have the same models for the future 5-10 years.

And there's not even a guarantee that Let's Go is going to continue at all.

And if I were you I’d not make definitive statements. It’s nice to have an open mind sometimes.

Calling Delphox feminine because its body is made to look like robes is a huge stretch.
Where talking about the whole Delphox line. But yea, maybe it’s not the most accurate term used to describe Delphox, but you have to admit, appearance wise... There are some similarities between Delphox and Primarina and it’s possible we will get another Pokémon, similar to them, in the next generation.

• Primarina and Chesnaught both have defense-oriented sig moves (shielding or curing , so the next Fire-type will as well (perhaps one involving cleansing Fire)
  • Incineroar and Greninja are based on certain martial arts (wrestling and ninjutsu, respectively), so the next Grass-type will be based on a different martial art (likely Taekwondo, the setup for board breaking with a Grass-type is too good)
  • Delphox and Decidueye have skills involving long-range attacks (spellcasting and archery), so the next Water-type will as well (perhaps sharpshooting, for a literal water gun)
That's the problem with having only two sets to set a trend-you only need one thing in common between two Pokemon to make a prediction.
Yea those could work. After all, no Starter is based on “one thing”. There could be multiple trends/inspirations going on behind the scenes. Maybe for the water starter we will get a bulky pirate with cannon arms, which would fit a number of different trends.

We'll lose out on every possibility that's not chosen. That's just how choosing designs works.
My point was more so that they “seemed” to be setting a trend in Gen 6 when the Gen 7 Starters turned out to be similar. It only makes sense for them to continue this trend, until at least Gen 8.

Where talking about the whole Delphox line. But yea, maybe it’s not the most accurate term used to describe Delphox, but you have to admit, appearance wise... There are some similarities between Delphox and Primarina and it’s possible we will get another Pokémon, similar to them, in the next generation.
Sorry to keep dragging this, but while Delphox is pretty ambiguous, I do think Braixen is/was intended to look more feminine. It's more witch-like, and even its name seems to sound incorporate "vixen." For this reason, I think many people just sort of take that femininity and transfer it to its evolution. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with the opposite, either.

This is why I wish more pokemon had more substantial gender differences. If Delphox is a wizard/mage, the male could've had a cool bushy beard. I feel like gen 4 started something interesting with gender differences, and then gen 5 just discontinued it (while also spawning a more extreme, very exclusive version of it).

Sorry to keep dragging this, but while Delphox is pretty ambiguous, I do think Braixen is/was intended to look more feminine. It's more witch-like, and even its name seems to sound incorporate "vixen." For this reason, I think many people just sort of take that femininity and transfer it to its evolution. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with the opposite, either.

This is why I wish more pokemon had more substantial gender differences. If Delphox is a wizard/mage, the male could've had a cool bushy beard. I feel like gen 4 started something interesting with gender differences, and then gen 5 just discontinued it (while also spawning a more extreme, very exclusive version of it).
Actually, male and female Unfezant look very different, with the male looking more exotic than the female, mimicking how some species of real life birds have different appearances based on gender.

I also hope one day we get starters with split evolution/forms like Midday and Midnight Lycanroc. I really liked the split starter evolution theory in Sun/Moon just because it gave more options to the players on how their starter turns out, and people would be less likely to dislike all the starters.
(And the fact that Primarina and Incineroar lines had references leaning towards the Moon made them sound like night evolutions to me also played a part in this I guess).

Maybe the differences could be more subtle to prevent a Charizard X/Y situation where they’re so different that one gets ignored.
Good examples would be these (for issues addressing Humanoid/Animal and Masculine/Feminine traits particularly)
upload_2018-10-10_18-51-35.png
And this Incineroar -quadruped version-

Chances are that the following animations were supposed to be used in SM until Masuda decided to keep them for Go-based games. There was a big reaction to Go as early as its announcement in September 2015.

If LGPE do well enough, I doubt that following Pokemon, co-play or (direct) Go compatibility will be carried over to next year's games. They will be held hostage.

I think it looks more like Zygarde’s complete form.
Yeah. The Hoopa Unbound impression was before I viewed the footage. The footage implies that more than one Meltan combine/absorb objects to make this form more like Zygarde cells/cores.

Chances are that the following animations were supposed to be used in SM until Masuda decided to keep them for Go-based games. There was a big reaction to Go as early as its announcement in September 2015.
What do you suggest they do with the animations of Unova, Kalos and Alola Pokemon? Since I doubt we’ll get Let's Go Oshawott, Tepig, Froakie, Fennekin, Litten and Rowlet for another 5-10 years or so.

If LGPE do well enough, I doubt that following Pokemon, co-play or (direct) Go compatibility will be carried over to next year's games. They will be held hostage.
GF isn't going to add new features in Pokemon 2019 just 9-10 months before release

Not to mention the following Pokémon feature seems like it’ll end up in the vein of customisation and XY rather than the difficulty levels.

It’s going to be a waste to not use the animations of Unova-Alola Pokémon for 10 years or so. And who’s to say that the series' models will remain the same till then?

I can actually see Meltan combining and splitting whenever it pleases, it's molten metal after all.

GF isn't going to add new features in Pokemon 2019 just 9-10 months before release
Except I'm talking about removing features just as they did with SM. In the unlikely event that LGPE don't meet expectations, then they might carry over following Pokemon from SM. The new Pokemon could be a problem, though.

As for the "they have to use the Unova-Alola animations within reasonable time!" argument, I'll say this:

1. They'll use them when they use them. If the models are replaced by then, not using those animations will be the least of their worries.

2. Nothing says that LGPE sequels would follow the restrictive "only Pokemon that existed originally" approach.

I still think the graphics and model to make Prof. Willow is what's going to be the Gen 8 graphics. It feels off to go this far for a short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom