1. Episode 14 of Bulbacast is now on YouTube. You can watch it right here.
  2. Hey everyone, confused about all the staff name changes? Want to get in on the villainy? Well then stop by here to see a list of staff name changes and to let us know what villain you will be theming this month! Happy Halloween from the forum staff!

SPOILERS: Official Generation 8 Speculation & Leaks Thread (Updated 22th Sept 2018)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by Envy the Jealous, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Wormtail

Wormtail Worm Pokémon

Blog Posts:
    Hey, Meltan may be one of the most adorable dang things to ever come out of Pokémon!

Also, “segue” is a transition, “Segway” is a motorized personal vehicle with two wheels. :p

2. TechSkylander1518

TechSkylander1518 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Meltan's new form revealed: A Segway that the player rides to the new region in Gen 8. (The wheels are hex nuts)

Kallyle, Blast, PkmnTrainerV and 13 others like this.
  3. KiranTheWitch

KiranTheWitch Shiny Hunter

Blog Posts:
    I'M DEAD

SinnohEevee likes this.
  4. Greninjaman

Greninjaman Aqua Ninja Frog

Blog Posts:
    *throws revive*

There, now you are not dead.

Anyway, That shadow does look similar to Zygarde 100% Form, minus the nut on the top.

TechSkylander1518 likes this.
  5. BackSet

BackSet Circling the world all day and night!

Blog Posts:
    That's not enough. We need to go cross game

*phoenix down*

6. Greninjaman

Greninjaman Aqua Ninja Frog

Blog Posts:
    *FacePalm* Why did I not think of that?

*uses Cure to restore HP to full*

7. Wormtail

Wormtail Worm Pokémon

Blog Posts:
    I have no evidence backing this, but I’m wondering if Meltan’s new form will have arms that are basically giant pillars of hex nuts.

SinnohEevee and Kallyle like this.
  8. Karamazov

Karamazov The Unbelievable

Blog Posts:
    Kind of like those Mega Klinklang shitposts back in the day?

Kallyle likes this.
  9. PinkIceFox

PinkIceFox PinkIceTales!

Blog Posts:
    Woo I been gone from anything pokemon for a while! So that weird little... thing is actually a pokemon and it's named Meltan. And apparently despite being a mythical pokemon they're about as rare as cockroaches once you figure out how to find them. And it's a puddle of mercury or something with a giant metal nut for a headeye and a wire for a tail, but it's an ancient pokemon.

Okay, gamefreak. Sure. Right. Also it seems that when you get enough of the little pests together they fuse into what's shadow looks like Complete Zygard with a metal nut head. Y'all gonna have to do something really interesting with this thing to make me not dislike it. And considering it's a Mythical... I'll probably never own or see one in my game since I don't plan on touching Let's Go Eevee and can't play pokemon go at all.

As for something positive... if that 'starter leak' from a few pages back were actually found to be legit I would be 100% fine with them. Bamboodillo has that adorable awkward look that screams 'people will hate it when it's first revealed like Oshawott, Chespin, and Popplio did (even has that big nose!). FireCobra is absolutely adorable and amazing and I would dive head first into choosing it as my starter about as hard as I did Fennekin and Litten. I could see it evolving into a Fire/Ground type as it looks like it would be quite comfortable in the desert. And Triangle Polar Bear is adorable and I am upset it isn't already an existing pokemon. I want that thing added to my pokemon plush collection it would make an amazing pillow plush. I love you Triangle Polar Bear. I love you so much.

10. Oriden

Oriden Here to ride the rumor train.

Blog Posts:
    Mega Meltan had better be good. >=/ I won't forgive them if they ruin the precious baby with something beyond awful... little Meltan is lucky to pass for cute as it is.

I do wonder if this is going to have anything with Go Park and that gathering game... probably gather 25 Meltan in Go Park, play that mini game, and get this new form/evo-thing. Could kind of explain why there seems to be a ton of Meltan despite being mythical.

11. Poke Dragon

Poke Dragon The boundary between opposites.

Blog Posts:
    Hmm, lots of Meltan fusing together to become a stronger Pokemon, maybe it could get the Electric-type due to magnetism? I can see bolts become part of the larger Pokemon to keep the Meltan together.

TechSkylander1518 likes this.
  12. PinkIceFox

PinkIceFox PinkIceTales!

Blog Posts:
    EH, giving it an electric typing as well ain't gonna make it any more interesting. If anything it'd make it more boring and expected to me. "Oh look, the metal puddle with the wire and nut sticking out of it is Steel/Electric. Truly this is creativity on par with metal ball with eyeball, screws, and magnets.

Oh man.

Crack theory: Meltan is the scrap left behind when Gamefreak put Magnemite together.

Kallyle and Nicolas721 like this.
  13. Wormtail

Wormtail Worm Pokémon

Blog Posts:
    I was thinking more like with the faces pressed against one another, making a sort of tube (maybe for firing powerful attacks). But of course, it’s all just guesswork until we actually see something more substantial than a partial shadow.

14. jonathan keller

jonathan keller Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Would ya'll want them to introduce every new pokemon in Gen 8 the way they introduced Meltan with the little videos. Or at least some of them?

15. Poke Dragon

Poke Dragon The boundary between opposites.

Blog Posts:
    I prefer if they reveal them in bulk, giving more length to these videos as opposed to just one a video.

16. PkmnTrainerV

PkmnTrainerV Flame Trainer

Blog Posts:
    It’ll get annoying pretty quickly, not to mention that the effort would not be feasible for every random Gen 8 Pokemon.
    The next mythical could get the treatment though.

Oriden likes this.
  17. Tuoko

Tuoko Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
  18. jonathan keller

jonathan keller Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Well, I don't see how the Gen 8 pokemon would be random, considering how they're part of a generation. Meltan on the other hand....we have no idea if this thing is Gen 7 or Gen 8. We have speculation, but no actual confirmation. And, besides, LGPE isn't in a generation, the games are there own things.

And i'm not saying every little pokemon one-by-one, I actually agree with Poke Dragon's idea about releasing them in bulk. Like make a video introducing the starters, etc.

19. Knightwolf09

Knightwolf09 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm honestly not too surprised it's an evo. Sun and Moon dove into the concept of legendary pokemon evolving. Mythicals seem like a logical step as well.

SinnohEevee likes this.
  20. nickdt

nickdt Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Not every Pokemon though. But Legendaries and Mythicals (And maybe the base starter forms) are fine if they do it this way, since they are meant to be special.

SinnohEevee and PkmnTrainerV like this.