• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s illogical that you don’t have to collect Wishiwashi's school to use it... the game just assumes that literally any place will have enough Wishiwashi to form a school which doesn’t make sense if were battling on a desert or Ultra Space.
Will a desert suddenly gain enough Wishiwashi for them to gather around the one we own and form the school form if we're battling in a desert?

FAC32089-90F6-4A38-BF02-04EBAC49FE92.jpeg

I can't imagine permanently sacrificing a legendary Pokemon would be especially popular.
Unless they do something along the lines of ultra space/wormholes but make more than one obtainable. I could see them doing that since each generation seems to be making Legendaries (and mythicals for that matter) less special (by making them more obtainable), but I guess it could be argued they only do this in Remakes and Remixes.

Fusion Evolution already exists in some form. In order to evolve Mantyke, you need level it up with a Remoraid in your party. Slowbro is another example of two Pokémon combining to evolve, but I suppose that because of the technical limitations in Gen 1 there was never a way to implement this way of Evolution into a feature. Not to mention the DNA Splicers and Necrozma's forms. Actual Evolution through fusing Pokémon necessarily doesn't seem like something GF would shy away from, especially since it would take less effort than creating entirely Pokémon from the ground up. We'd also finally get our cross-gen evolutions! However, permanently sacrificing one Pokémon to evolve another does seem kind of iffy.

Well, it's just one way to fuse all three members of the Tao trio, the second way could be the way like the DNA Splicers, being able to unfuse when you want to. Either of those is much better than yet another temporary transformation, especially considering Kyurem would be way too much like Necrozma if the Original Dragon is just some temporary form.
If the Original Dragon is ever to appear I think we can agree it'll first be in the Gen V Remakes or…Se-Sequels? (BW3?) I highly doubt Game Freak would give the player access to all 3 members of the Trio in one version though, so my guess is they'd have you bring Black/White Kyurem to a location (or maybe Kyurem and Reshiram, or Zekrom but the former method seems easier when it comes to more technical aspect such like Levels and Natures), speak to N (they'd probably replace N with another individual in later Games though) who has the 3rd member and then you swap the aforementioned Pokémon for the Original Dragon and then swap them back at your leisure.

Meltan evolution is disappointing ...

Why did they choose that horrible green color? It looks like bulbasaur vomit

Meltan evolution is disappointing ...

Why did they choose that horrible green color? It looks like bulbasaur vomit
Is this what you're talking about?
IMG_7822.JPG
IMG_7824.JPG
IMG_7823.JPG
Because if not I am completely lost as to what you're referring to.

So Masuda mentioned the possibility of an open world game again in another interview:

Junichi Masuda on Pokémon Let's Go's difficulty, mechanics, and the series' future

Okay, thanks for answering that - even if I can't say it until everyone already knows! So last time we spoke, back at the Let's Go reveal in Japan, the topic of open-world Nintendo Switch games came up, like Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey, and you mentioned that there's a possibility that one day Pokémon might follow suit. I know that's purposefully vague, but is that still something that's being considered? Is that something that you see one day happening on the Switch?

Junichi Masuda: Well you know in general, I always want to be kind of facing new challenges and trying to you know, do new things with Pokémon. You know it's a different matter whether players will actually enjoy that kind of playstyle, but really you know, things like setting up an AI so that you know real world Pokémon appear, or different ways to appreciate the game, I'm always kind of thinking how to approach the Pokémon series from a different aspect so, in that sense, it's still on the cards.

Naturally not much, but this is a good sign. Open world is being brought up multiple times by fans and interviewers, and Game Freak is starting to consider it. The more people push for open world, the more likely Game Freak is going to consider the demand for it and make it actually happen. At this rate, we'll probably see an actual open world game by 9th gen if not next year.

On the interview, Masuda himself said that Let's Go is made based off the mobile games, you know they stooped to the lowest level when a game made on the console behaves like a mobile game. I hate that idea, I don't care if it's for kids, the kids of today need to be challenged in some way so they can appreciate hard work in the future. This is why Let's Go is receiving the much needed hate that it deserves, a wake up call for Game Freak to stop using mobile as anything for developing Pokemon games.

On the interview, Masuda himself said that Let's Go is made based off the mobile games, you know they stooped to the lowest level when a game made on the console behaves like a mobile game. I hate that idea, I don't care if it's for kids, the kids of today need to be challenged in some way so they can appreciate hard work in the future. This is why Let's Go is receiving the much needed hate that it deserves, a wake up call for Game Freak to stop using mobile as anything for developing Pokemon games.
But, LGPE will probably sell like hotcakes. I doubt that they would stop doing this unless the fans boycott the game like Star Wars fans did for Solo, but I doubt that is going to happen. They even said that Let's Go could become its own subseries.

But, LGPE will probably sell like hotcakes. I doubt that they would stop doing this unless the fans boycott the game like Star Wars fans did for Solo, but I doubt that is going to happen. They even said that Let's Go could become its own subseries.
Well, more people who were planning to buy Let's Go decided not to buy it anymore. It's evident that Masuda is treating the Pokemon series the wrong way. At least to me, a good video-game series is one that keeps adding layers of gameplay or having something enjoyable to do, Let's Go goes against both of those. Battling master trainers with all 151 Pokemon might be fun at first, but then it would get old very quickly, and if that's what they have for post game, it's naturally going to turn more people away from the games because they want variety, not doing this "Pokemon against the same Pokemon" 151 times.

Well, more people who were planning to buy Let's Go decided not to buy it anymore. It's evident that Masuda is treating the Pokemon series the wrong way. At least to me, a good video-game series is one that keeps adding layers of gameplay or having something enjoyable to do, Let's Go goes against both of those. Battling master trainers with all 151 Pokemon might be fun at first, but then it would get old very quickly, and if that's what they have for post game, it's naturally going to turn more people away from the games because they want variety, not doing this "Pokemon against the same Pokemon" 151 times.

I mean, having those 151 Trainers post-game is kinda pointless, since the main story is already over.

Just put a number of those Master Trainers on Victory Road before the League as a last test.

I really am curious to see how much Let's Go sells (I think it will potentially be lower than average; nothing drastic, but also not a top seller or anything), but I'm not too concerned about its influence on the future of Pokemon. I doubt we will get more Let's Go games. We won't know for a couple years either way. I'm reserving judgement until we are able to see what 2019 game is like and how much it sells in comparison.

If Let's Go accomplishes what they said; being an entry point for younger and new players; then this could have a positive impact on future games that won't have to hold themselves back because they were trying to make every game an entry point. If it actually does bring in a lot of new/returning players who go on to buy the 2019 game; then the 2019 game will definitely outsell Let's Go and they won't have too much reason to think that people prefer the Let's Go style game.

However, they could just as easily mess everything up if the 2019 game is pretty much the Status Quo with the same problems as the 3ds games: hand-holding; bad AI; very little difficulty; very little post game; very linear with almost no puzzles or optional areas. They have made several statements claiming that the 2019 games is for long time, veteran players, so if the game does very little to show that, or shows that they completely do not understand what veteran players want; then there might be reason to be a little worried. Right now, the only thing I'm worried about is the potential that following Pokemon will some how end up a Let's Go exclusive thing because they think only casual fans care about stuff like that and by "veteran" fans they are only referring to competitive players or something.

I just don't think Let's Go is going to meet Game Freak's sales expectation. You just can't rely on brand name alone for something to be successful, that's not how it works. Just because it's Pokemon, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to sell as much as Game Freak hopes to sell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom