• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, maybe they will show off the new Pokemon (I couldn't care less about it at this point anyway).

I too want that proper elephant. I saw a lot of ideas involving a water-type elephant starter, and that's a great idea. I'd totes name my Vah Ruta. However, since that idea has been overdone in the fandom, it of course won't happen. I'd just be happy with an elephant that lives up to being the largest land mammal. Donphan is tiny and its ears aren't quite right, and Mammoswine is like a strange attempt to cross a pig and a wooly mammoth. Without the iconic trunk, it just doesn't do it for me.

Maybe Water/Ground, since elephants can stomp everything.

Okay... this is twice now that they could've shown something new, but decided not too. Are they relying solely on nostalgia to sell this game? Or maybe they don't have that much confidence in the game to do that well due to all the backlash they got when they were first announced? Something is going on over there...

Okay... this is twice now that they could've shown something new, but decided not too. Are they relying solely on nostalgia to sell this game? Or maybe they don't have that much confidence in the game to do that well due to all the backlash they got when they were first announced? Something is going on over there...
The Direct was supposed to be broadcast a week ago, so of course it doesn't offer anything new after TPCi had to release their own trailer first. General Directs rarely reveal much of note about Pokemon, anyway.

Pokenchi is supposed to showcase exclusive news in two days.

The Direct was supposed to be broadcast a week ago, so of course it doesn't offer anything new after TPCi had to release their own trailer first. General Directs rarely reveal much of note about Pokemon, anyway.

Pokenchi is supposed to showcase exclusive news in two days.
Put that in air quotes because we all know it won't be anything interesting enough to make the haters and agnostics want to buy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom