• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess he gave up huh.Less than 5 hours left afterall.

So,if the investors meeting comes up and it's still "2018 or later",then what?What would that mean?
It's night in Japan. They will not announce a direct till tomorrow anyway so he lost the bet.
Imo the investors meeting is an important date. 2018 or 2019 are clear releases. If the games will still be listed as "2018 or later" it could mean that:
- The games are still not ready so the release date is still uncertain and 2019 becomes a strong possibility.
- An announcement will happen shortly after (early May which is when the first s/m trailer was revealed) and they don't want to spoil the release date before that.

About Aero, don't trust him until he shows evidence about what he says. Anyone could say "I have inside info but I cannot share anything about it". What's even the point to say it?

Last edited:
so pixelpar knows nothing, how surprising
He underlined that it's about the announcement that he knows nothing, cause clearly if the codename is right he knows something about the games.

Guys don't trust someone until a official announcment is coming.
I just remember in old times with Pokemon Stars or Pokemon Z where news sites spammed with it, that the games are coming...
every time these rumours was false, and everyone was disappointed.
There is just too much trolls in internet that push expectation of others too high, that disappointment is unavoidable.
And thats just someone wants attention...

tbh i have to agree with joe/serebii, i think it's too early for gen 8 too.
all gens so far are at least 3 years old, can't see gen 7 being only 2 years.
my guess if we getting something this year it's likely kanto stuff, but if it's 2019 so gen 8.

I'd assume most/all in this thread know not to put blind faith into those claiming to have information on the game, but it is fun to ponder and speculate about it till we have concrete information.

Ignoring rumors/insiders/leaks/etc, we know for sure that gamefreak at least intends for a 2018. If the game is actually launching this year, that makes the next 5ish weeks the most likely time we'll get an announcement. If it's not releasing this year, we'll hear something within the next week or two as well.

My bet is still on E3 or around that time at least. This makes sense especially if it is a Kanto game of some kind since they won't have as much to reveal if there are no new Pokemon.

Apparently, announcing within a year is not guaranteed. I give up.

so pixelpar knows nothing, how surprising
He underlined that it's about the announcement that he knows nothing, cause clearly if the codename is right he knows something about the games.
Yeah, Pixelpar made it very clear that his 30 day thing was only a fun bet, not based on any info. He seems to have other information that he's probably going to hide in his drawings- just not information on an announcement date as far as we know. And heck, he might even get that and draw a hint about it as we draw closer.

To me, it's clear that Pixelpar has sources, but he's an entertainer well before he's a news source.

tbh i have to agree with joe/serebii, i think it's too early for gen 8 too.
all gens so far are at least 3 years old, can't see gen 7 being only 2 years.
my guess if we getting something this year it's likely kanto stuff, but if it's 2019 so gen 8.
And I don't know... I mean Gen 6 played out and we got a remake with no sequel game, which was a first. Then Gen 7 gave us just a sequel with no remake so far, but since we're starting on a new console- it could be Gen 8 or it could be Gen 7's remake. But to me, USUM was so barely changed from Sun/Moon that it was basically filler- which would mean that they'd have needed less resources to work on it and could have focused more on the Switch game instead.

The other thing is that Gen 5 didn't give us the Hoenn remakes, and it seemed pretty clear that that was held back in favor of making them in 3D instead- but they still came after X/Y, not before. Sure, the Switch isn't a jump into 3D like in that instance, but it is a jump onto a new, much more powerful console... so depending on whether they have anything major that would be better introduced in a new region than an old one...

It might seem too early for Gen 8, but I think whether it's possible is still on the fence.

I think Decidueye is a good choice for Smash, not simply for its popularity, but also for the fact that the game lacks a Grass starter to go along with Charizard and Greninja. I don't think any other Grass starter evo has been as well-received and it's pretty timely. I also don't think that a presence in Pokken makes any odds, as that's a very different game.

That said, a new character could also tie into whatever the next Pokémon game is. Or maybe they'll add one from S/M and one from the new games.
I don't think that a Grass starter is needed.

Yeah, Pixelpar made it very clear that his 30 day thing was only a fun bet, not based on any info. He seems to have other information that he's probably going to hide in his drawings- just not information on an announcement date as far as we know. And heck, he might even get that and draw a hint about it as we draw closer.

To me, it's clear that Pixelpar has sources, but he's an entertainer well before he's a news source.

He don't have any information, i think he just want attention nothing more.
Even lets say hes working in nintendo not every workers in nintendo becomes information about the games it's the very small group of staff.
nintendo or gamefreak isn't stupid and let leak their own games.
i personally won't believe these fake leakers until nintendo announce it.

View: https://twitter.com/DirectFeedGames/status/985939630687248385

an industry insider is saying this about gen 8 (neogaf, and resetera mod Nate Drake, he's been known to have info about other stuff in the past)

so that's him, Joe Merrick, Paul Ryan, and the chinese riddler all being unsure of this being a new generation as we've known generations to be up until know.

Of course, it's been speculated that all of this "can't be gen 8" stuff might just come from said people being tipped that the game will be a 2018 release, and using personal speculation they believe that 2018 is too early for gen 8.

I still think it'd be a bad move to have the first switch game not have any new pokemon in it. If we're going back to Kanto, pleasseeeee give us at least like 30-50 new mons :T

View: https://twitter.com/DirectFeedGames/status/985939630687248385

an industry insider is saying this about gen 8 (neogaf, and resetera mod Nate Drake, he's been known to have info about other stuff in the past)

so that's him, Joe Merrick, Paul Ryan, and the chinese riddler all being unsure of this being a new generation as we've known generations to be up until know.

Of course, it's been speculated that all of this "can't be gen 8" stuff might just come from said people being tipped that the game will be a 2018 release, and using personal speculation they believe that 2018 is too early for gen 8.

I still think it'd be a bad move to have the first switch game not have any new pokemon in it. If we're going back to Kanto, pleasseeeee give us at least like 30-50 new mons :T

What has he gotten right in the past?

Anybody checked for trademarks recently?

I've checked them every day. Nothing. JP? The trademark bot is not current enough, I think it's a wild goose chase.

Even lets say hes working in nintendo not every workers in nintendo becomes information about the games it's the very small group of staff.

to be fair, we had notable information leaks with gen 5,6, and 7. Information about the games will go around no matter what.

If he just wanted attention, he would have posted that spanish Nintendo magazine article like all of the other clickbaiters.

You mean like when they left all the info about the games in the demo twice in a row? Or when all gen 5 pokemon were leaked weeks before release? Or when gen 7 starters were leaked 6 months before release?

god this is so exhausting... i might have to take a break from this thread until some actual news is announced from an official source, because I'm so tired of the same old wavering back and forth, and people who aren't actual authorities on anything acting like they know something we don't and that we either shouldn't be getting too excited, or that we should absolutely be excited based on the information that they've been 'leaking' to us- I don't really care if they have sources or whatever, the hinting and smugness and wondering just gets tiring after a while, especially since they're not leaking anything actually very interesting to discuss.
I try and stay positive, and I'm still convinced that whatever we get next for a main series Pokemon title, I will probably enjoy it, but this stuff is just... soul sucking. I start checking these forums around every time speculation begins for the next generation, mostly because I like seeing 'leaked' Pokemon designs, but I think people jumped the gun and started making their fakes too early this time, because we literally know NOTHING official about the new game except for:
  1. Its a mainline Pokemon game for the Nintendo Switch
  2. Its coming 2018 or later
  3. it PROBABLY won't be just like breath of the wild as far as gameplay goes, based off of this interview with the devs where they said that they didn't think that gameplay would suit Pokemon. this probably shouldn't be in here because it doesn't really confirm anything, its just been something i've been keeping in mind
anyway, no ill will against anyone here, but i'm gonna force myself away for the next few weeks, unless there's some sort of news break between now and then- i'm looking forward to coming back once there's some more stuff to talk about!

god this is so exhausting... i might have to take a break from this thread until some actual news is announced from an official source, because I'm so tired of the same old wavering back and forth, and people who aren't actual authorities on anything acting like they know something we don't and that we either shouldn't be getting too excited, or that we should absolutely be excited based on the information that they've been 'leaking' to us- I try and stay positive, and I'm still convinced that whatever we get next for a main series Pokemon title, I will probably enjoy it, but this stuff is just... soul sucking. I start checking these forums around every time speculation begins for the next generation, because I like seeing 'leaked' Pokemon designs, but I think people jumped the gun and started making those too early this time, because we literally know NOTHING official about the new game except for:
  1. Its a mainline Pokemon game for the Nintendo Switch
  2. Its coming 2018 or later
  3. it PROBABLY won't be just like breath of the wild as far as gameplay goes, based off of this interview with the devs where they said that they didn't think that gameplay would suit Pokemon. this probably shouldn't be in here because it doesn't really confirm anything, its just been something i've been keeping in mind
anyway, no ill will against anyone here, but i'm gonna force myself away for the next few weeks, unless there's some sort of news break between now and then- i'm looking forward to coming back once there's some more stuff to talk about!
Come back on the 26th! =D We'll at least have the earnings release and the Tomy figurine reveal to talk about! ...granted the latter is probably Zeraora but ya know. We're grasping at straws here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom