• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. Anime has Sevii and Orange Islands make appearances. They are two very different things. Going off of the merch and Lapras hints, it makes tons of sense to me. Orange Islands are the only real anime place we have never explored. I could def be wrong, but let's not write it off as stupid just yet. Lugia is a big part of the Orange Islands as well. Orange also the only place before Alola to have Trial like gyms.. And reboot could mean going more anime based. Make sense to tie everything together if the Switch release is expected to be the best selling PKMN to date..
It's kinda too late for the Orange Islands to be relevant- only old players and anime fans remember that ever being a thing.

We also really don't want their goal to ever be making the games to be more like the anime- pokemon would all have to start saying their names, and that's just a dubbing nightmare that I imagine they would sooner avoid.

And.... yeah, it's impossible to really tie everything together, especially if you count in the mangas, which have gone off in some weird directions. We thought people were comparing Pokemon to Digimon with Mega Evolution? Lemme introduce ReBURST.

It's kinda too late for the Orange Islands to be relevant- only old players and anime fans remember that ever being a thing.
While I very much doubt the Orange Islands would ever happen, they could definitely use the setting. Not only would it be a nice nostalgia boost by including characters and location names for the older fans, for the newer fans they could just design it as they would any new region. Retcon the anime canon and build the islands around the story they want to tell, rather than build the story around the already established islands (which I don't think would be feasible, honestly).

So I guess that Phantomlord guy isn't kidding around.

Welp, these next 7 days are gonna be bumpy.
Not to be rude but he didnt say it will be in a week you are just putting your self for more disappointment he said soon so just like he said dont overhype things yet

Not to be rude but he didnt say it will be in a week you are just putting your self for more disappointment he said soon so just like he said dont overhype things yet
He didn't say in a week but it is about a week before the 26th, so... we're gonna be holding on for something soon. XD

While I very much doubt the Orange Islands would ever happen, they could definitely use the setting. Not only would it be a nice nostalgia boost by including characters and location names for the older fans, for the newer fans they could just design it as they would any new region. Retcon the anime canon and build the islands around the story they want to tell, rather than build the story around the already established islands (which I don't think would be feasible, honestly).

You beat me to it, but yeah. The Orange Islands would be just like a brand-new region to newer fans, so there's really no harm done there.

I was specifically talking about the investor's meeting in that second sentence, but whatever.

Yeah the Switch game will probably look like this:

This doesn't look too bad, honestly, at least for the first Switch game. It could just do with being less flat and empty (as well as implementing better grass, as mentioned on the previous page). They'll likely be enough improvements to keep me satisfied for one outing.

I'm glad I was wrong about Starlink.Now this might actually be something.Hype.

His Twitter also says he lives in Montreuil, France which Is where Ubisoft itself is based, Starlink is being developed by Ubisoft Toronto which is in Canada, I meant to post something about this last night because people thought that's what he was hinting at back in January, but I thought it was unnecessary, but it basically implies the chances of him working on it are slim to none.

Jessie and James made an appearance in Yellow version. So really there's nothing that's stopping Game Freak from putting the Orange Islands in the games sometime in the future.

Speaking of the islands though, wasn't there a rumor on 4chan that mentioned the games would have elements of the anime and manga in it?

Not to mention that Jesse and James and the talking Meowth were a anime only creation and not done by gamefreak, so anything can happen really. I feel its unrealistic, but if we are going back to kanto, we can expect the goofy team rocket to be there lol

I could see it for the overworld
But without chibi characters and more lighting
I don't like the top-down
I feel like gamefreak can do better then that though

Yes! They can do quite a lot with camera angles to add feelings of space to areas that even already would be quite large. I think even disregarding the rumors about rebooting, there is some likelihood that they will try to bring to the game more of the original inspirations from Tajiri-san and others than they have yet been able to do!

A fairly large explorable area somewhere between the first and third towns feels very likely; there always has been, but, something equivalent to, but probably not as large as, the Great Plateau!!

Some people are saying that pixelpar and paul got into an argument

it was more like Paul tweeted about Pixelpar being a fake due to losing the bet, then got attacked by a popular poke-twitter account who was defending pixelpar, where some really nasty things were said to Paul. (I'm also assuming this is why his account is locked now)

I agree the investors meeting is potentially starting to get overhyped. It's reminding me of pokemon day lol. I do feel like it would make more sense to announce the game before the investors meeting instead rather than afterwards though, but there's nothing forcing the games to be announced due to the meeting.

I just hope the ubi guy teasing "soon" means like within the next 1-3 weeks and not a month. His labo tease was the day before the labo announcement, so here's hoping.

it was more like Paul tweeted about Pixelpar being a fake due to losing the bet, then got attacked by a popular poke-twitter account who was defending pixelpar, where some really nasty things were said to Paul. (I'm also assuming this is why his account is locked now)

I agree the investors meeting is potentially starting to get overhyped. It's reminding me of pokemon day lol. I do feel like it would make more sense to announce the game before the investors meeting instead rather than afterwards though, but there's nothing forcing the games to be announced due to the meeting.

I just hope the ubi guy teasing "soon" means like within the next 1-3 weeks and not a month. His labo tease was the day before the labo announcement, so here's hoping.
Man people are way too harsh on Pixelpar- not that the account defending him should have gone so aggressively after Paul, but I hate how people feel a need to call him fake for losing the bet that he said was just for fun and not based on any information anyway. Like... what does anyone gain from that? He said it wasn't based on anything and surprise- it wasn't based on anything. Now we get fun art tweets with possible hints in them.

Gotta love when online personalities gang up on others who call out members of their clique. Its just like school only without the safety net that is people knowing who you are so people feel free to be jerks at full mast.

I'm more inclined to side with Paul considering.. you know, Pixelpar lost his bet? But go ahead and defend him, poke-twitter account. Gotta side with ya bros no matter right or wrong lol.

This one's not a joke this time this is pure coldness on my part. I have a very low tolerance threshold when it comes to harassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom