• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we might be running a bit dry on speculation... I've got a want for gen 8 that I'd like to throw out there, though. =D

Albino Pokemon!

I know this was a texture glitch that happened in X/Y but daaaamn what I wouldn't give to have it become a new alternate coloration alongside shiny. Even if that would make three near-identical dewgongs.

While I understand where people are coming from when it comes to hype, I don't think the investors meeting is something to be downplayed either. At those meetings, Nintendo is obligated to tell investors when they plan on releasing their products. Ignoring all the rumors and the leaks, that meeting is about as close as we can get for any official information at this point.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180418-165212_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180418-165212_Chrome.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 158
While I understand where people are coming from when it comes to hype, I don't think the investors meeting is something to be downplayed either. At those meetings, Nintendo is obligated to tell investors when they plan on releasing their products. Ignoring all the rumors and the leaks, that meeting is about as close as we can get for any official information at this point.
Legit, at this point, just being told if it's 2018 or 2019 would qualify as news. XD And while it doesn't guarantee an announcement beforehand, I think they might want to give us an announcement beforehand so we're not getting that news from their fiscal release first.

While the subject about what we'd hope the games would look like is relatively fresh, here's what I'd hope for:

I wouldn't be expecting Toriyama's character designs, obviously, but the world looking like this would be utterly fantastic and it would age well to boot. Dragon Quest 8 is nearly 15 years old but the world design and the cel shading still hold up very well. I'd expect the world to be more complex in design, such as grass patches, rocks, more trees and the like to account for better hardware.

Basically, a simple, more colorful design is what I'd hope for. Sun and Moon are somewhat there, but I really didn't like the washed out and color-bland aesthetic I've seen in screenshots and videos.

Last edited:
What happened to paul was nothing short of disgusting and vile. Really showcases how badly we as a community have come across as. We have become as desperate as monsters sadly. That said in the age of social media, everything we say and do including big names like Joe and Paul, it follows us forever. Him doing a full 180 saying one thing and then doubling into another after seeing merchandise listings no doubt would confuse followers and no doubt would annoy others.

Please stop talking about youtubers here, let's just move to the main topic.
Next weekend we will have the meeting for financial results, and I'm salty on any possibility of announcement before or in it

Not even next weekend. The meeting is next Thursday. So before the end of next week we may have at least a hint at when they may announce it if not a full one in general.

This has already been brought up earlier in the thread, but it’s still funny to think that the majority of fans who don’t really keep up with rumors/leaks etc saw the e3 announcement and assumed “yeah, gen 8 2019”

If the games truly don’t end up introducing a new batch of Pokémon, or end up just being remakes, I feel like the uproar from these fans is going to be even worse than it was when USUM was first announced.

No doubt there will be a lot of salt if it’s not set in a new region with new Pokémon but people will buy it anyway lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom