• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I know he's not the best trust worthy source and this is probably fake. But perhaps this is just one more piece of the pokemon switch puzzle.

Shared via his Twitter
PhillyBeatzU @PhillyBeatzU
DdVXa1bWsAEBClA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Come to think of it, excluding the sun/moon trademark leaks that happened like a day before announcement, this is the first time legitimate details have leaked before an official announcement for the main series right? That's pretty crazy to think about

Normally we have no idea what we're getting going into a direct

I predict that the rival is going to be a girl and the anime will adapt her as (yet another) Eevee trainer, who might stick around for another series. If it weren't for USUM I'd propose it might be Lillie, but she is tied to Clefairy in the games and Vulpix in the anime.

Come to think of it, excluding the sun/moon trademark leaks that happened like a day before announcement, this is the first time legitimate details have leaked before an official announcement for the main series right? That's pretty crazy to think about

Normally we have no idea what we're getting going into a direct
The only other incident I can think of is when a very blurry magazine cover (Wonderland, not CoroCoro) gave Emerald away back in June 2004. That was about two weeks before the official release.

Last edited:
Ok so I know he's not the best trust worthy source and this is probably fake. But perhaps this is just one more piece of the pokemon switch puzzle.

Shared via his Twitter

View attachment 110088

I don't think i've ever seen one of these showroom sheets ever turn out to be true. Also I believe the guy who started the Starfox Lylat System rumor admitted to making the whole thing up. I could be misremembering but I'm almost positive I read that.

Shared via his Twitter

View attachment 110088

Every time I see one of the E3 leaks, the Fire Emblem title is different~ Basically confirming neither is really more trustworthy over the other in terms of any of these games~ Though, once we see either, we'll know which ones are real if they are~

The picture you should have in mind is seeing smoke come out of a building; it should mean that there is fire inside. So the metaphor means that if you have a lot of indications of something, then it's probably real.

The phrase is “where there is smoke there is fire”

Ohhhh ok I see now. That makes sense I like it! I think I'll start using that.

Last edited:
They were pretty close to having no concrete leaks before yesterday. No one one took Pixelpar or its vegetable counterpart too seriously. That April's Fools post slipped under the radar as was intended. Other people that were (probably) in the know only alluded to a reboot rather than a new generation.

Emily Rogers probably fueled the fire.

Whew! Finally caught up with this thread.

Really? Well if that trademark hadn't been made I would have been a bit more skeptical because of that. I'm pretty solidly Team Real now though.

I keep seeing this phrase "Too much smoke" what does this mean? It makes me think of like tricks and lies like smoke and mirrors but it seems like people are saying it in the opposite way. Is this a common phrase I just never heard?

I mean. Can't you say the same thing about RBY and GSC on Virtual Console? Or any of the games that let you transfer Pokemon from the previous generation?

Anyway I'm gonna say my piece about what I think of these games and what I would want from them.

I have heard a few people recently talk about rebooting the franchise (which would be absolutely absurd and terrifying if somehow true) or making the next game yet another gen 1 remake (which would be incredibly annoying). Because of hearing these ideas I'm actually far more ok with this than I would expect. As long as this Gen doesn't pull a USUM and instead end up being new sequel games I think seeing a new Kanto in the future could be interesting. I definitely agree with a few other people that this being good requires a few things though.

1.) I think this needs to actually feature at least the bare minimum thing people usually expect out of a new Pokemon Gen: New Pokemon
2.) Even if the game isn't a big leap from gen 7 graphically I think we need to finally go for a controlled camera. Maybe have it set behind the player by default instead over hovering over them, and getting rid of the grid would be good too.
3.) A more gripping story that focuses on interesting characters. Gen 7 went in the right direction by trying to reintroduce this after Gen 6 lacked it so I hope these games will keep that going. They could figure they should go back to basics since they are going back to Kanto though, which would be disappointing.
4.) Once again I think these would only work out if they were set in Kanto's future and referencing the previous games would also make that idea even better. Hopefully R&B will be in their S/M designs.
5.) Having other Mon from newer regions migrate to Kanto so the region has more variety than just the original 151 is a must. Especially since Pokemon like Lucario are classics in their own right now (ffs where is my Lets Go Riolu anyway??)

As for the catching mechanic from Go. I actually think it's a good idea! Considering literally all the actual catching itself has involved has been pressing a button, something like that would only mean a little more interactivity and immersion imho. If it's left to that it really would amount to the smallest feature anyway so I don't see how it would be a particularly important inclusion either way. Judging other Go features would require actually seeing the individual features though obviously so waiting on that.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this.
They can also give some Pokémon that migrated to Kanto regional variants like a water/Steel Crawdaunt or a Bug/Dragon Flygon. A Johto post game is also a must with mega evolutions for the Johto starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom