• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I don't think the "shoving" is for kids.
We all know how stupid our parents' generation is.
Pokemon GO's main audience are basically people in our parents' generation who were like muggles to Pokemon before Pokemon GO
And even after Pokemon GO, even after they PLAY Pokemon GO, they are still stupid, and don't seem to be capable of obtaining accurate information.

I think all the instructions are for THAT crowd, not kids.
That's still pretty insulting to older adults, though, isn't it? XD I'm sure they can tell when a game is talking to them like a show meant for preschoolers.

Did you actually watch the treehouse demo?
Watched the entire LGPE treehouse footage.

How do you know that they won't distribute Mew in movies?
Because they themselves said that it’s the only way to get Mew?
Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! | Official Pokémon Site
Mew cannot be obtained by any other means in Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, making it a extraordinary treat for owners of the Poké Ball Plus.

This game is a huge mixed bag for me. It looks irresistibly charming and I love how Brock's gym looks. I also like the music and overworld encounters and co-op to include family members who are not comparatively well-versed in Pokemon.
But I feel I might be much better off waiting for the next games, which might be available alongside a newer (and cheaper) variation of the Switch and buy LGPE at a cheaper rate.

It is a neat package, but doesn’t feel worth it’s price to me.

I mean... how can a previously free Pokemon locked behind a $50 accessory make things better instead of worse?
I was probably a bit heavy-handed with that comment, sorry..I was just suggesting that this, while not ideal, shouldn't be something that directly affects peoples' enjoyment of the game itself, or be a deciding factor in whether or not to buy it. It doesn't reduce the actual gameplay quality or anything.

And that's a fair take on things Oriden, I guess I'm just willing enough to endure the impending hand-holding and still enjoy everything else LGPE has to offer!

Watched the entire LGPE treehouse footage.

This game is a huge mixed bag for me. It looks irresistibly charming and I love how Brock's gym looks. I also like the music and overworld encounters and co-op to include family members who are not comparatively well-versed in Pokemon.
But I feel I might be much better off waiting for the next games, which might be available alongside a newer (and cheaper) variation of the Switch and buy LGPE at a cheaper rate.

It is a neat package, but doesn’t feel worth it’s price to me.

I won't buy the Pokeball Plus just because of Mew.
Never enjoyed completing the Pokedex anyway.
I agree it's cash grab.

But I still think the game looks lovely, and I probably will be Eevee edition.

Oh yes, I'm waiting for the annoucement of the cheaper version of Switch.

I mean the entire premise of Pokémon having second and third versions + specific Pokémon being locked behind events and Pokémon bank + other apps has always been a cash grab.

Because Gamefreak knows we will buy it and suckle their teets as we have since 1996.

Exactly what importance and relevance does CP have in this game? Does it affect stats?
I think it's mostly there for the sake of familiarity, for people more familiar with Pokemon GO's representation of stats as a single number rather than levels and individual values.

Edit: Ugh, just rewatched the Treehouse video and it bothers me when they keep going "Oh this is like the anime!" and "That is like the anime!" but then they do a trainer battle and have two pokemon team up on a poor metapod. That's not a fair fight. >=/

I do like that they made pokemon more to scale, though. Don't think I mentioned that in previous posts. Hopefully we'll have that kind of scale in Gen 8 too- it would be great to see a wailord actually be enormous for a change and to have joltik actually look tiny too.

Last edited:
Ugh, just rewatched the Treehouse video and it bothers me when they keep going "Oh this is like the anime!" and "That is like the anime!"

I find it a bit ironic that Ash defeated Brock without a single water or grass type taking their "This is like the anime!" sentiment in account...

Onix being as big as it’s supposed to be is also nice. In general I like the aesthetics of these games.

I find it a bit ironic that Ash defeated Brock without a single water or grass type taking their "This is like the anime!" sentiment in account...

Onix being as big as it’s supposed to be is also nice. In general I like the aesthetics of these games.
The aesthetics are definitely good. The following feature... I like it, but I could do without the constant teleporting pokemon.

Player 2 is my favorite thing ever about this game, though, just watching her fly off the screen constantly. Trainers learn Fly now, I guess.

Overall, I think LGPE has the most potential for parents with young children, between the co-op and the forced tutorialness. They also mentioned early in the panel that they really were taking in mind young children without smartphones who haven't had access to play Pokemon GO. So this is kind of a "Pokemon for everyone" in that it's very accessible to young children but also calls upon nostalgia that older adults could appreciate. I don't feel like the gameplay would be very satisfying for most adults or even older teens, but if you're playing with a younger child, you're probably in the mindset to not mind it so much anyway.

And then some people just have the ability to ignore the blatant handholding to enjoy the rest of the game- my hat's off to them.

Overall, I think LGPE has the most potential for parents with young children, between the co-op and the forced tutorialness. They also mentioned early in the panel that they really were taking in mind young children without smartphones who haven't had access to play Pokemon GO. So this is kind of a "Pokemon for everyone" in that it's very accessible to young children but also calls upon nostalgia that older adults could appreciate. I don't feel like the gameplay would be very satisfying for most adults or even older teens, but if you're playing with a younger child, you're probably in the mindset to not mind it so much anyway.

They probably want to give a new generation of children nostalgic feelings about Pokemon, playing LGPE with their parents (one of the translators(?) mentioned that it was a way to introduce his daughter to the series).
The GO crowd creating new memories with the game is also a beneficial consequence for them, since these games have very cheerful tone to them.

Seeing the Player 2 go whoosh was a lol moment for me at many times during the treehouse stream.

Oh yes, I'm waiting for the annoucement of the cheaper version of Switch.
Switch Mini will be probably released next year.
Nintendo will announce a more portable Switch with the release of Pokemon Switch. GF said it's going to be a handheld console game so it makes sense.

Switch Mini will be probably released next year.
Nintendo will announce a more portable Switch with the release of Pokemon Switch. GF said it's going to be a handheld console game so it makes sense.
As long as they don't make Pokemon Switch exclusive to the Switch Mini, I'm fine with that.

When someone says the graphics are amazing are they talking about pokemon wise or all of video game wise. If its the latter i must say thats disrespectful to other video games

When someone says the graphics are amazing are they talking about pokemon wise or all of video game wise. If its the latter i must say thats disrespectful to other video games
Probably the former, graphics doesn't matter as much as gameplay does. LGPE did the opposite of common sense when it came to this.

What must we do to restore faith in the fandom? Is pokemon truly over now?

I'm one of those people. I just think it looks incredible, video-game wise. Yeah sure, there are better graphics for other games out there, but if i thought this was the most pretty looking game ever, in what way would that be disrespectful? Wouldn't that just be my opinion? Would it really be disrespectful to say a single game's graphics look great?

I'm one of those people. I just think it looks incredible, video-game wise. Yeah sure, there are better graphics for other games out there, but if i thought this was the most pretty looking game ever, in what way would that be disrespectful? Wouldn't that just be my opinion? Would it really be disrespectful to say a single game's graphics look great?
Yeah, I honestly don’t get why people are so against the graphics. It’s not like they’re going for a realistic look. They chose an artistic style and it works. It looks great. I prefer games with their own unique style over realism any day, which is why Zelda: Wind Waker and Okami are 2 of my favorite games ever.

Of course, graphics can’t save a game with less-than-stellar gameplay, but I think it helps make them more worth buying at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom