1. Want to talk to fellow Pokémon fans in real time? Join the discussions on our public Discord server!
  2. Here we go again! A new episode of Bulbanews Weekly Roundup can be found on YouTube here.
  3. In case you missed the live streaming of our post E3 Bulbacast episode earlier, you can now watch it on YouTube here.

SPOILERS: Official Generation 8 Speculation & Leaks Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by Pyrax, Mar 14, 2018.

1. SinnohEevee

SinnohEevee Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    So @RileyXY1 , still think LGPE will replace the traditional games?
    Also, you need a subscription for online trading and battling, does that mean we would have to pay for trading and battling in Gen VIII? That would mean there will be less trades tnd battles available.

2. Diamond & Pearl

Diamond & Pearl Member

Blog Posts:
    I think what he's trying to say is that there's this trend that GF is focusing more and more on 'them' and not 'us' (and that GF is paying way too much attention to LGPE which can be classified as your average spin-off game).

3. Oriden

Oriden Here to ride the rumor train.

Blog Posts:
    Gawd I hope that isn't the case.

4. KrisiChiki

KrisiChiki Fluffy!

Blog Posts:
    I like the graphics of LGPE, but I don't like the chibi characters. Interestingly, I don't mind the chibi style of Gen VI, but the LGPE one just doesn't work for me. I don't even know what it is exactly that bothers me.

5. Oriden

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, that's also really my only complaint about the graphics (aside from the frequent flashing from the teleporting follower pokemon) because the big eyes and large head gives the characters an awful bobblehead appearance. I notice most of the NPCs don't seem to be as bad about it, but the player characters' proportions are just bad.

Arylett Charnoa likes this.
  6. Icy Wind

Icy Wind *Shivers*

Blog Posts:
    Gen 8 will 100% have paid online. That’s a given.

But hey, on the bright side, it will hopefully have much more online features than LGPE. Paying for it will suck a little less =P

PkmnTrainerV and Nicolas721 like this.
  7. Diamond & Pearl

Diamond & Pearl Member

Blog Posts:
    I'd prefer fewer online feats than LGPE to tons of online feats and that one of the many online feats is GO integration.

8. Oriden

Blog Posts:
    =/ I'd rather have free online than more features. Locking that interactivity behind a paywall seems like a major step backwards.

9. KiranTheWitch

KiranTheWitch Shiny Hunter

Blog Posts:
    Idk who you're talking about, this game is absolutely for me. But I'm a die-hard that is gonna cry my eyes out at every game.

10. Icy Wind

Icy Wind *Shivers*

Blog Posts:
    Oh i agree, free online is always better, just trying to be optimistic about gen 8.

PkmnTrainerV likes this.
  11. Poke Dragon

Poke Dragon The boundary between opposites.

Blog Posts:
    Remember that paid online won't affect all Switch games with online capability. It was stated that there will be some exceptions to this.

12. Icy Wind

Icy Wind *Shivers*

Blog Posts:
    Considering LGPE requires an online subscription, i don’t see any reason why Gen 8 won’t require one either.

PkmnTrainerV and SinnohEevee like this.
  13. Oriden

Blog Posts:
    Yeah... it kinda doesn't make sense why LGPE would need a subscription and Gen 8 wouldn't, considering LGPE doesn't even have Wonder Trade or GTS. Unless that's just another cash grab inspired by GO players' willingness to fork out small amounts of cash for microtransactions... maybe it's a "feature" to make the games all the more relatable to that crowd. ;P

Maybe LGPE won't be able to trade with Gen 8 or any other game, so it's on its own service and Gen 8 will use the same online resources as the 3DS games. Fingers crossed that that's the case because having to pay to connect over the internet is such a bummer after having it free for three generations now.

PartTimePokemonMaster likes this.
  14. Village Bridge Busker

Village Bridge Busker Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Again, isn’t there a separate LGPE thread now? Every time I come on here to see what people are discussing about Gen VIII, all I see is relentless bitching about LGPE.

I think there’s a lot about the Let’s Go games that are going to make it a really enjoyable game. Not to mention how good it is that we are getting something else to play before Gen VIII comes out. If you can’t see the positives in all of this because of stuff like your partner Pokémon teleporting or the Gym guy giving you a very simple challenge then... well... sucks to be you, I guess.

Finally, on the Mew thing... everyone realises we aren’t getting charged $50 for Mew, right? We’re getting charged for a hardware accessory. An optional one, at that. If you aren’t planing on buying one then you won’t get Mew. That’s too bad, although mythicals are supposed to be rare so....? It’s a bonus for those who buy the accessory, it’s not a f****** paywall for a Pokémon.

I’m sorry for seeming a little heated but honestly, this thread has really pissed me off. I think a lot of people here need to just... stop talking about LGPE for a while. Go elsewhere on the forums? Like, isn’t carrying the weight of your own negative energy really tiring you out?

15. Minnale101

Minnale101 Active Member

Blog Posts:
    No one here is actively here being negative about LGEP. The game doesnt appeal to others and people like me. If others think good thats fine but the hype for these gen 8 increase after seeing how garbage LGEP look.

Thats my case. Wont even talk about that game i wont play, no more

Icy Wind and Poke Dragon like this.
  16. Poke Dragon

Poke Dragon The boundary between opposites.

Blog Posts:
    I decided to skip LGPE long before they went into detail about the game in yesterday's Nintendo Treehouse. Those reasons are just clarifying that it was the right choice that I have made.

17. Unown Seer

Unown Seer Earnest

Blog Posts:
    I hope you meant to write "decreases".

18. Oriden

Blog Posts:
    LGPE is kinda relevant to the discussion of Gen 8, though, as it's kind of a glimpse at what we might get in 2019- so a lot of the discussion is really more to the point of "Hope Gen 8 isn't like this." and "Well this looks pretty good, but I hope it gets improved."- like the walking pokemon. Seriously, they can just walk out of the way instead of teleporting, I don't need fireworks every time I literally turn around.

The online service is a huge concern, too, since we've had online trading and battles free for so long, and locking trading and battles behind a paywall is a major detriment to interactive play.

19. Icy Wind

Icy Wind *Shivers*

Blog Posts:
    Except it is? If you don’t pay 50$ on a Pokeball accessory, you don’t get Mew.

They even actively block you from transferring Mew from Go to LGPE. How is that not a paywall?

20. Velvet

Velvet Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I don't plan on buying LGPE. I skipped out on Ultra, so skipping out on these two will be easy, and it will give me something to look forward to in 2019.

Minnale101, Oriden and Poke Dragon like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.