• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They even actively block you from transferring Mew from Go to LGPE. How is that not a paywall?

See, I would have agreed with @Village Bridge Busker were it not for that. GO players put in all the work to get their Mew, and what if they’re proud of that or have grown attached to that Mew? Yet it gets singularly excluded from transferring because they want people to pay for their peripheral instead.

(Though for the record, I’ve got nothing against the Poké Ball Plus itself. I think it’s neat.)

See, I would have agreed with @Village Bridge Busker were it not for that. GO players put in all the work to get their Mew, and what if they’re proud of that or have grown attached to that Mew? Yet it gets singularly excluded from transferring because they want people to pay for their peripheral instead.

(Though for the record, I’ve got nothing against the Poké Ball Plus itself. I think it’s neat.)

There's one thing I find really weird about the Pokeball Plus Mew and that's this report from Serebii:
It's confirmed that Mew cannot be sent from Pokémon GO to Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee so it can only be obtained through the Poké Ball Plus. It's also noted that the Mew gift may not be able to be redeemed after a certain period of time. This period of time is unclear
So your pokeball comes pre-loaded with a Mew inside, but apparently it's a limited-time distribution like the codes and other event pokemon? But if your ball is making Mew sounds when you get it and you go to connect it to your game and your Mew is not there... did it die? Is this Schrodinger's Mew now? What's up with that.

So when do you think we'll actually *hear* something about Gen 8? Pretty sure not until after Winter, bit into 2019 at best.

I won't put it past Nintendo to make us pay for online services, they know the Pokémon fandom will pay for it.
Also, are the cashgrabs increasing from GF's part? I guess they figured we will buy whatever they throw at us. Inb4 they lock all the post-game content for Gen VIII behind paid DLC because they know we will be desperate and would buy it.

=/ I could probably pay for the online service, I know it's cheap enough, but I only trade or battle every so often so I couldn't justify the expense. Kinda heartbroken at the thought that I might have online play locked behind a playwall for future gens, because I skipped Gen 5 and 6 so Gen 7 was the first time I had access to online trading and battles- not counting the GTS in Gen 4.

And it really does remind me of Gen 4, not being able to trade or battle with friends and not being able to get Spiritomb because it required you to talk to so many players, and I didn't have anyone locally really into pokemon who I could connect with to get it done. Only hurts more knowing that Gen 4 is the next in line for sequels and I was kinda excited that the lack of online connectivity was no longer going to hold me back.

So when do you think we'll actually *hear* something about Gen 8? Pretty sure not until after Winter, bit into 2019 at best.

We are already halfway through 2018 - whenever there is a new generation, it always seems as if the games are announced in the January - March timeframe. That's only 7-9 months away, which seems distant, but I don't think it is. I also have a sneaky suspicion that there is a good chance we'll meet some Gen 8 mon well before then.

I like the graphics of LGPE, but I don't like the chibi characters. Interestingly, I don't mind the chibi style of Gen VI, but the LGPE one just doesn't work for me. I don't even know what it is exactly that bothers me.

Yeah, that's also really my only complaint about the graphics (aside from the frequent flashing from the teleporting follower pokemon) because the big eyes and large head gives the characters an awful bobblehead appearance. I notice most of the NPCs don't seem to be as bad about it, but the player characters' proportions are just bad.

And the characters look oddly... young? Even the characters we know are supposed to be older like Brock look 10 to me.
Aside from that you both described my opinion on the art style perfectly.

I don't want to be negative, its just that, well, there's some defects that right now makes me doubtful. That's why I'm giving it time. Maybe they will reveal something that will make me buy the game.
I had the same sentiment about these games, but the treehouse just increased the negatives for me.

And the characters look oddly... young? Even the characters we know are supposed to be older like Brock look 10 to me.
Aside from that you both described my opinion on the art style perfectly.

I had the same sentiment about these games, but the treehouse just increased the negatives for me.
I wonder if they weren't trying to find a medium between modern graphics and the old pixel art. That could explain the big heads and squished proportions. If that's the case, it definitely doesn't come off as intended.

I wonder if they weren't trying to find a medium between modern graphics and the old pixel art. That could explain the big heads and squished proportions. If that's the case, it definitely doesn't come off as intended.

I thought they were trying to go for XY's chibi 3D (which is resembles the older generation's style more than SM) while at the same time trying to make it look comparable to SM.
The result looks like a strange but mashup of both styles.

Tbh I couldn’t care less if we don’t get remakes anymore. *They’ve* felt like a cash grab for a while now

I just want to see Sinnoh in its full glory in 3D.

(Emphasis on in its full glory since an LG game would effectively go against Sinnoh's themes)

I doubt it’s getting a Let's Go remake. Sinnoh's Pokemon aren’t as well known as compared to Kanto's among the target audience of LGPE and it doesn’t have the same appeal amongst the general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom