• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire/Electric Snake Ignake (Ignite + Snake)
Water/Flying Fish Flotear (flow + tear)
Grass/Rock Dragonfly Bouldfly (boulder + Fly from Dragonfly)
PS: My ability to name is horrendous. I apologize.

it wears a hood, its wings are treated more like a cape than actual wings, it uses its feathers as hands
But like I said before-
There's multiple other Pokemon that take traits from humans and apply them to birds-Oricorio is dressed is various clothing styles, Delibird carries a bag, Vullaby wears a diaper
If these other Pokemon are wearing clothing and using feathers as hands, why aren't they considered humanoid as well?
But the rest of the design doesn’t look human-like at all in those Pokémon.
That was exactly my point, though-those human traits didn't make those Pokemon considered humanoid, so why do the same traits make Decidueye humanoid? If there were other points being added to this, I'd understand, but your post said this:
It literally wears a hoodie, has a bow and arrow with arms covered with wings.
There was no other mention of what traits of Decidueye made it humanoid.
Because those metal plates don’t resemble any human body part?
Neither does a bow and arrow nor a hoodie. I listed Skarmory because metal blades are a weapon that's part of its body, similar to Decidueye's bow and arrow.
Also them long legs- granted, owls do have long legs, but they don't normally show them from a resting position.
I'll admit I'm no owl expert, but when I googled "barn owl", almost every picture of one in a resting position showed its legs.
And only burrowing owls have legs like that, and those don’t have feathers on their legs.
Dedicueye is based on a barn owl, and their legs look pretty similar to me.
63738041-720px.jpg

250px-724Decidueye.png
They aren’t arms, but it uses its feathers like hands as @Oriden said.
Also on decidueye, they add feathers and arrange them to look like hands. Owls don’t have thumb feathers.
And so does Oricorio, holding fans and pom-poms, and Delibird, holding a bag and presents.

I'm not saying that Decidueye takes no inspiration from humans, just that it's not humanized to the extent of a Pokemon like Tigacore.

Hey any rumors appearing for gen 8 right now? Or are there scarce now since LGPE?

@TechSkylander1518 I didn’t add the points other than clothing in my original post because I thought it was obvious. I hope to be more clear this time.

Apart from the 'clothing' Decidueye wears, its body proportions and structure are very close to actual humans, unlike Skarmory and Vullaby. This leads me to believe that Decidueye is a humanoid Pokemon.
It’s body proportions are almost the same as that of a skinny human.

@TechSkylander1518 I didn’t add the points other than clothing in my original post because I thought it was obvious. I hope to be more clear this time.

Apart from the 'clothing' Decidueye wears, its body proportions and structure are very close to actual humans, unlike Skarmory and Vullaby. This leads me to believe that Decidueye is a humanoid Pokemon.
It’s body proportions are almost the same as that of a skinny human.
Thank you for clarifying! I personally think its structure still suits a bird, but I can definitely see the difference between the two, and looking at it that way definitely makes more sense for seeing it as humanoid.

I don't think that we'll be seeing a large amount of new Pokemon in these games.
It also depends on what you consider to count as "new Pokémon." For instance, would you only count as new dex numbers, or would something like regional variants, Mega Evolution, or something similar to the way Meowstic and Lycanroc were handled also count?

If it's dex numbers, I'd agree. However, I'm sure Game Freak will probably have something to make up for a smaller amount of new National dex numbers like they have in the past two generations.

It also depends on what you consider to count as "new Pokémon." For instance, would you only count as new dex numbers, or would something like regional variants, Mega Evolution, or something similar to the way Meowstic and Lycanroc were handled also count?

If it's dex numbers, I'd agree. However, I'm sure Game Freak will probably have something to make up for a smaller amount of new National dex numbers like they have in the past two generations.
It is dex numbers. Having a large amount of new Pokemon leads to a decrease in quality. Many Gen 5 Pokemon were nothing more than rehashes of Gen 1 Pokemon.

It is dex numbers. Having a large amount of new Pokemon leads to a decrease in quality. Many Gen 5 Pokemon were nothing more than rehashes of Gen 1 Pokemon.
In that case, I agree with you. I also agree that the quality of the Pokémon should take precedence over the quantity.

That being said, I hope the number of new Pokémon introduced doesn't get as low as less than ten at the start of a new generation. That would be very, very underwhelming.

As long as we get around 100 new designs between new pokemon and new forms, I'll be pretty content. I'd really rather they not push for an entirely new dex again like they did in Gen 5.

Let me put this Decidueye is not a humanoid discussion to rest:
It was kind of already at rest? We've moved onto a new subject already...
Decidueye wears a hood, is an archer and stands on 2 legs.
All those points were already made and discussed. There's multiple other Pokemon that hold items or wear "clothes" without being considered humanoid. (and standing on two legs? Birds only have two legs, it's not like any were removed.) I'm not saying it doesn't make any sense to consider it humanoid, but with multiple other Pokemon having the same traits without being considered humanoid, you can't say those traits are the end-all decider.
Decidueye is based off the Green Arrow, meaning Decidueye is humanoid.
...Decidueye's only similarity with Green Arrow is that it has some green on it and it shoots arrows, and the color green and the concept of archery aren't unique to Green Arrow. If it was really based on Green Arrow, why would it wear a hood instead of Green Arrow's hat?

Besides, inspiration for a Pokemon doesn't always decide whether it's more human or animal. Samurott is based on Samurai, and it's still a quadruped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom