• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

An evolution would be neat, but it's been said Meltan's the only Pokemon added to LGPE-teasing an evolution not in the game would be odd.

A lot of people say that this Mythical will be the new Zygarde, but what if it will be an evolution instead? I mean, we already have the evolutionary legend in the form of Cosmog, so we could have the first evolutionary Mythical as well.

Whichever it’s the case, though, I bet that the new form/evolution will be Steel/Electric, if the dex entry is any proof. That… would be a really neat type combo, actually, with plenty of resistances. It will be a must-catch for me, if that’s the case.
So the new guy is actually Meltan's evolution. The first evolvable Mythical!

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1050279215936008194

Yours truly is a Psychic-type confirmed!

Not gonna lie, I’m more intrigued now. Can’t wait to see how it looks like! :3

What's the next convention GF will break? A gendered Mythical? Thinking of it, Darkrai should be been male to contrast with Cresselia being a female.

It's not all that different than the Phione situation, so whatever.

Phione doesn’t evolve into Manaphy, though. It’s not quite the same thing.

Meltan, instead, seems to be following the Cosmog’s steps, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it can’t breed, either.

It may not be anything groundbreaking, but it’s still a first, in a sense.

New trailer which doesn't showcase anything new (though Serebii claimed it showed skin customization, but I didn't see that anywhere. Maybe I'm just blind), but is still nice. I'm loving the look of the environments. Everything looks so pretty.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irYFp43-WmY

Indeed. I also saw that trailer. I am very excited. I didn't really enjoy Gen 7 at all. Don't get me wrong, the story of the two sets of games was cool (though the Ultra games were the same up to the part where the player goes into Ultra Space). It was mostly the fact that it felt like there was a cutscene every five minutes. Also the tutorials were long and boring.

New trailer which doesn't showcase anything new (though Serebii claimed it showed skin customization, but I didn't see that anywhere. Maybe I'm just blind), but is still nice. I'm loving the look of the environments. Everything looks so pretty.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irYFp43-WmY

If you look between 0.04-0.05 and 0.10-0.12 where the trainers are running, you van see varying skin colours.

Two highlights from Masuda interviews:

A good portion of the more difficult stuff is in the post-game. There’s ways to strengthen your Pokémon, and the reason you wanna do that is, you take on these master trainers these really powerful trainers that you encounter after the main story.
Masuda has high hopes that Pokémon: Let’s Go will give the series a boost big enough to last that long. “The biggest thing I feel with Let’s Go is really hoping that it’s going to serve as sort of a base or starting point for the next 20 years of Pokémon,” he says. As for what Masuda envisions that future as, it’s undeniably sunny. “I really think it’s important that Pokémon continues to be a positive force in the world — makes people happier, enriches their lives through a variety of ways,” he says. “But I don’t think it needs to be a consistent, unchanging experience necessarily. I think there’s still a lot of room to explore variety, not only through the main series of games but also through the more spinoff titles.”

From a Spanish interview:

Post-game consists of fighting 151 "master trainers", each with a different Pokemon at a high level. For example, you will fight a trainer who owns a powerful Squirtle, and you will earn a Squirtle badge.

This brings to mind a certain rumor from a month or two ago:

The first piece of information is the identity of the Champion. It’s said that Red will be the champion in Let’s GO Pikachu, while Blue is the champion in Let’s GO Eevee. There’s going to be a post-game episode called “Beyond Evolution”, where you have to face tougher trainers, along with their higher level Pokemon and Mega Evolutions, all over the Kanto region again....

Other important tidbits include a special pendant that increases different colors in the overworld (you receive this pendant after completing the Pokedex), lots of unlockable content, the ability to play as important trainers such as Sabrina in an online hub after beating them first, and “powerful moves” that could be unleashed by performing motions with the Joy-Con...

The new support moves already didn't seem like a lucky guess (Pikachu and Eevee already had Z-moves), and now we have confirmation of a post-game episode about battling trainers of all things. The problem? The source also said that the new Pokemon was a pink whale...

The idea of NPCs owning legendaries irks me. It would only make sense if the Go characters (Willow and the team leader trio) were involved, since they're from another world.

I'll highlight my "favorite" parts.

Masuda: I think the biggest reason that rivals were more of a jerk in the early days is that we were just limited with what we could express with the pixel graphics. There's not much you can do with that kind of little sprite on the screen, so we worked harder to characterize them through dialogue and give them certain personalities. Also, because it's just dialogue and there's not a whole lot going on on the screen, it doesn't give as harsh of an impression even if they're jerks, I think. Now we have HD graphics and the visuals are much more impressive. If you also made him a jerk, the impression would be a lot stronger on players. Another thing, just my own personal take, is that it feels that people with those kinds of personalities these days are not as accepted by players, I think, as they were back then.
On why why we have the wimp as a rival over Blue. Masuda really has his finger on the pulse, doesn't he?

No real details, but I can guarantee it's very simple. We didn't really think too much about it and just kept it very simple to trigger Mega Evolutions.
On how Mega Evolution works. I'm only highlighting this part because, out of context, "We didn't really think too much about it and just kept it very simple" is my favorite Masuda quote now.

What are your favorite Pokemon games?

Masuda: Definitely Red and Green for me is the most memorable. It was a six year development with just nine of us, so we have a lot of memories from that time, both good and bad. One of the other things was that we didn't have much expectation that the game would be played by millions of people at the time. We were just developing it. At any time the company could have gone under and it may not have been released. But yeah, a lot of memories from that time.
This explains a lot.

It's inevitable that he has more special memories from Red and Green than other games. RS caused him stress and stomach issues, and with every installment since he's gradually grown complacent. With Red and Green there was pressure, but the expectations weren't high and everyone in the staff was young and very familiar with each other. It was probably a fun six years.

(Also, it would have been odd if he'd mentioned a later generation when promoting LGPE, but at least he didn't choose Yellow.)

There isn't a good reason not to include gts. HGSS had all of gen IV's features and ORAS had all of gen VI's features.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom