• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

That's an assumption if I ever saw one. Just a year ago we had a set of games where only Red and Blue showed up, and now the recent trailer gives her this mysterious vibe that Red and Blue lack. Quite frankly, it would be a little insulting to just have her battle the player in Cerulean Cave and then disappear without saying anything about Mewtwo. At least Mt. Silver was all about Red (originally, and mostly in HGSS).

They should definitely at least replace Snorlax and Lapras with a Hitmon and one of the three fossils. I guess that having her use the starter trio would be okay, especially if her Mega weren't the same one as Red's.

That was never stated anywhere. All we know is that Sugimori felt like designing her and Kusaka wanted to use her.
You keep giving GF so much credit. What’s it like having so much trust in this company?

And no, Green wasn’t someone that Sugimori just felt like drawing. She was meant to be the female PC in RGBY but had to be cut. As the female PC for RGBY, her role is —by definition— the exact same as Red’s. The air of mystery in the trailer was just because it’s her first time appearing in a game where she’s not the PC, unlike both Red and Blue.

And for the record, it would absolutely be in character for GF to stick her in Cerulean Cave for no evident reason and just move on.

You’re making mountains out of molehills here. Given GF’s history, her appearance isn’t much deeper than what it seems. Hence why I’m pretty sure she’s just going to be a reflection of Red (and so will her team.)

You keep giving GF so much credit. What’s it like having so much trust in this company?

And no, Green wasn’t someone that Sugimori just felt like drawing. She was meant to be the female PC in RGBY but had to be cut. As the female PC for RGBY, her role is —by definition— the exact same as Red’s. The air of mystery in the trailer was just because it’s her first time appearing in a game where she’s not the PC, unlike both Red and Blue.

And for the record, it would absolutely be in character for GF to stick her in Cerulean Cave for no evident reason and just move on.

You’re making mountains out of molehills here. Given GF’s history, her appearance isn’t much deeper than what it seems. Hence why I’m pretty sure she’s just going to be a reflection of Red (and so will her team.)
Don't forget that Game Freak also likes subverting expectations.

All three of them being rivals would be pretty neat. Similar to XY but properly executed this time. It could be that they had started their journey slightly before you. But alas I don't see that happening.

We don't know that those are their only appearances, although Green/Leaf seems to be introduced in Cerulean Cave.

That's right. That's why I still hope that it is a character other than Trace.

But honestly, given their "environment" in the trailer, I find it hard to be champions. Red appears to battle with you on a common grass spot background, and I don't think he would battle with you 2 times (assuming he appears as champion). At the same time, if Red is not a champion, I find it difficult to put Blue exclusively as such. I find it even harder to introduce Green/Leaf/JP's Blue as champion right away.

Oh, unless they actually work as new "rivals" who battle you along the way. But how would Red with his iconic dialogue "..." function as a rival? And if Blue or Red worked as rivals in the main story, why include Trace?

So I don't think it's impossible, but I think it's hard for the champion to be one of these three (Red, Green or Blue).

About the teams...I think Red would be okay with his SM team, I can not imagine Red without Kanto starters and Pikachu.

5ZSK8gB.png

Green would fit well with his SM team as well, this way his team would differentiate more from Trace's team.

8bpLLBG.png

Blue could use his team of Adventures imo With Beedrill and Seadra as additions. (In Adventures she appears with a Weedle, and no other "important" character lore-wise has a Beedrill in Kanto. Seadra refers to her Horsea, traded with Silver. No other "important" character lore-wise has a Seadra in Yellow, as well) I think it fit well with her.

8JfknUT.gif
wigglytuff.png
clefable.png
ditto.png
nidoqueen.png
seadra.png
beedrill.png

And then, Trace. In the trailers, it has already been confirmed that he will have an Eevee, and for being the "rival", he is expected to have Green's team in Yellow (or a similar team).

Trace
sandslash.png
alakazam.png
exeggutor.png
-
ninetales.png
/
magneton.png
/
cloyster.png
/
vaporeon.png
/
jolteon.png
/
flareon.png

However, personally, I still would like Game Freak to further differentiate him from Yellow's Green, and that they gave him a totally original team.

These are the Pokémon that are still left lore-wise. Pokémon that no other key character in Yellow uses:

FzFFIR8.png

Thoughts?

notes: I gave Beedrill and Seadra to Blue (Leaf).
It is seen in one of the trailers that Lt.Surge now uses 3 Pokémon instead of 1, so I gave Voltorb/Electrode to him.
Erika also appears using a Vileplume.
Erika use Weepinbell in Yellow, and Brock use Geodude, that's why I excluded Victreebel and Golem.
Removed Chansey because of the Pokémon Center Nurse, and I do not think it would fit with Trace.
I ignored Marowak for being a key Pokémon in one part of the story, but it doesn't stop Trace from having one tho
Remember that Jessie and James uses Arbok and Weezing.

It took me a long time to sort the post with the sprites, to find out that a post with more than 20 images is not allowed. How frustrating.

WHAT IF RED, BLUE AND GREEN ARE also OUR RIVALS???

It took me so long to post that you posted before, but I thought about it too. It's a possibilty.

Last edited:
I am not the expecting the moon here. Just a real attempt to make her stand apart from Red because like it or not, they haven't been treated as equals at all (RGBY, GSC, HGSS, B2W2 and SMUSUM would attest to that, to say nothing of the various anime). And having to battle nearly the same team twice in a single playthrough would be a new low.

And no, Green wasn’t someone that Sugimori just felt like drawing. She was meant to be the female PC in RGBY but had to be cut.
Says who? Fans? There would have been no reason to remove her if they'd wanted her in RGBY.

I sincerely doubt that Blue and Leaf will have anything to do with their manga counterparts (Thank heavens for that tbh). More than likely Leaf will probably end up having Bulbasaur as her starter since Red will have Charmander and Blastoise will be with Blue.

Trace will more than likely alternate with Pikachu (LGE) or Eevee (LGP) as his starter. That does leave the question as to what might be the "third" if any trainer actually GETS that Pokemon.

Well, I see no point in bringing in a manga character and making him use a totally different team.

It's common for Red to have all three starters, but if it's for each of the three to get one, I think it's more valid that Red stays with Bulbasaur, Green with Charmander, and Blue with Squirtle, since RGB's officials artworks have always suggested this way.

About Trace's team, that's right, maybe he'll use Pikachu on LGE. Although, I find this boring...

Well, I see no point in bringing in a manga character and making him use a totally different team.

It's common for Red to have all three starters, but if it's for each of the three to get one, I think it's more valid that Red stays with Bulbasaur, Green with Charmander, and Blue with Squirtle, since RGB's officials artworks have always suggested this way.

About Trace's team, that's right, maybe he'll use Pikachu on LGE. Although, I find this boring...
Green/Leaf isn't technically a manga character. Green in Pokémon Adventures is just based on the unused female player character from Generation I, whom we are now seeing here.

I am not the expecting the moon here. Just a real attempt to make her stand apart from Red because like it or not, they haven't been treated as equals at all (RGBY, GSC, HGSS, B2W2 and SMUSUM would attest to that, to say nothing of the various anime). And having to battle nearly the same team twice in a single playthrough would be a new low.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you. I just don’t think GF sees it that way. Why differentiate Red and Leaf when they haven’t bothered to do the same with any other PC duo? I think, on some level, that’s their thought process (though not necessarily this bluntly.)

Green/Leaf isn't technically a manga character. Green in Pokémon Adventures is just based on the unused female player character from Generation I, whom we are now seeing here.

I know that. This Blue that appears in the trailer is based on the Adventures one. That's what I meant.

Nah. There is some official artwork of her from the Generation I days. The manga design must have been based on something, after all.

I’m perfectly aware of that. I was editing my previous post to make it clear.

"To make it clear: all we have of Green (Blue) in RGB was a unique artwork, which fans would assume would mean a female protagonist. Nothing more. It wasn't a proper character. It wasn't a official character.

So Adventures/another magazine officialy created Blue as we know her. And then she was "canonized" later as Leaf.

So now LGPE brings that "old" Blue back, and as far as games go, the old "Blue" is just a random character in an old artwork. So, in my opinion, it is a non-canonized character, since there is not even any information about the same in RGB."

Edit
Corrected english errors....to make it clear*...as we know her*...that*

Last edited:
I hope that they go with different teams for Red and a different starter for Blue, since it seems a little silly if the Main Protag and Rival might have the same team as them, especially since this is a re-imagining and not a remake, so they can make Red, Blue and Green the three Kanto trainers that are early and the player and Trace are late, which means they end up with Pikachu and Eevee instead.

If Green (Just change her name to Blue already.) doesn't get a Nidoqueen, Blastoise and a Wigglytuff/Clefable, I'm going to riot.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom