1. Think you know Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow? Just feeling lucky? Check out Pokémon Wiz: Kanto Edition!

SPOILERS: Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Current Events: Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu / Eevee' started by Pyrax, May 30, 2018.

1. FinnishPokéFan92

FinnishPokéFan92 The ocean is my Cloyster.

Blog Posts:
    Nah. More like a final post-game boss.

SinnohEevee likes this.
  2. Arcanine10

Arcanine10 Member

Blog Posts:
    Besides that, I expect Giovanni to stay the 8th Gym Leader.

Champion is the bigger question to me. Do they go with Trace, Blue or Red or perhaps a new character all together?

3. Envoy

Envoy Formerly GTT

Blog Posts:
    Crazy, random, unlikely to happen idea:

In LGP -- you find Red in a new post-game only forest area previously not found in Kanto before.

In LGE -- you find Green in Cerulean Cave.

You don't get all three of them together in one singular game.

I hope they don't do something like this, and I admit it's unlikely, but I won't rule it out quite yet.

4. Unown Seer

Unown Seer What now?

Blog Posts:
    I'm pretty sure that's Viridian Forest. The map has no new locations.

5. Myth

Myth Member

Blog Posts:

I'm not saying it's impossible, but generally, when a thing is exclusive to a version (like Zossie and Dulse/Soliera and Phyco), they usually at least give a hint in the trailer.

For those who think Green (JP's Blue/Leaf) should have a different team from Adventures, and that them (Red, Blue and Green) will have only one Kanto starter each: Aside from the starters, which Pokémon do you think can compose their teams in the games?

Would Red have a team similar to Origins?

6. Unown Seer

Unown Seer What now?

Blog Posts:
    He didn't have really a team in Origins because he kept rotating it. I'd give him Pikachu, Charizard, Snorlax, Kabutops, Hitmonchan and Nidoking. Appropriately, Green would have Eevee, Venusaur, Clefable, Omastar, Hitmonlee and Nidoqueen.

But Red will probably have his HGSS team again. If so, I'm really hoping for Green to have a Mew over Venusaur, to give her that added oomph and relevance to Cerulean Cave.

And here's proof that Green was originally designed for a guidebook cover because Sugimori really did feel like it.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Myth likes this.
  7. Harmful Heron

Harmful Heron #FreeDankula

Blog Posts:
    @Arcanine10

But if this game takes place after gen I then, Giovanni wouldn't be gym leader anymore. If it doesn't and this just a retelling why wouldn't we be Red/Leaf fighting Blue again instead of fighting them all in the end/postgame.

8. Unown Seer

Unown Seer What now?

Blog Posts:
    Because Masuda didn't want Blue as the rival due to his personality. He said as much.

Plus, new protagonists and rival give the illusion of a new story. The Team Rocket scenes alone prove otherwise, and Masuda was honest enough to admit it.

SinnohEevee likes this.
  9. Envoy

Envoy Formerly GTT

Blog Posts:
    But if Blue is still in the game, what did Masuda really accomplish? Honestly, the only time Blue wasn’t a total asshole was Gen VII. Even in Johto he still has an unpleasant (albeit downplayed) edge.

I’ll never get that.

Kallyle and Harmful Heron like this.
  10. Unown Seer

Unown Seer What now?

Blog Posts:
    If he's already lost to Red (or Green?) in Indigo Plateau, then he will show more humility. They actually started going in this direction in HGSS.

Does he look cocky in the trailer? I am not so sure.

11. Envoy

Envoy Formerly GTT

Blog Posts:
    His posture could be read as cocky based on the trailer. To be fair, it could also not.

Even in HGSS, he still had some attitude (I actually found him nicer in GSC.) But if they’re neutering him (for lack of a better term) anyway, then what’s the point of Trace existing at all?

12. Unown Seer

Unown Seer What now?

Blog Posts:
    If I'm right, then at least they get to say that he underwent character development rather than having been nice all along.

13. KiranTheWitch

KiranTheWitch Shiny Hunter

Blog Posts:
    They're totally around the same age as Elaine, Chase and Trace, maybe a year older. This game definitely takes place before Gen II, as the Elite Four is still the same, as are all of the gym leaders, who look the same ages they did in RBGY.

14. Myth

Myth Member

Blog Posts:
    Good choices.

I think Red will have the HGSS~SM team, too. And I believe that Blue will have his team of B2W2~SM, while Green (Leaf) an Adventures-based team, as I said on the previous page. But thinking about other teams possibilities, I thought of something like:

Red: Charizard and Vaporeon..
    Blue: Blastoise and Jolteon...
    Green: Venusaur and Flareon...

While we (the player and Trace) get the special Pikachu and Eevee, which don't evolve.

I feel that if it is for each of the three to have their own Kanto starter, Red should stay with Venusaur, while Blue stays with Charizard and Green (Leaf) with Blastoise, but I understand it would shock the Western public to see Red without a Charizard.

About Giovanni being the eighth leader or not discussion, I don't know where this person took this picture from (I don't remember any trailer/gameplay that shows the trainer ID screen) but if it's real, confirm that he is. Unless you see Green (JP's Blue) in that silhouette. :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  15. Envoy

Envoy Formerly GTT

Blog Posts:
    Red is a little weird. Despite his name, early art in Gen I, as well as the Adventures Manga, implied that Bulbasaur was supposed to be his canon Starter. As Charmander grew in popularity tho, they began associating him with Red...whenever they didn’t associate Pikachu with Red.

Blue, by extension, gets whatever Starter is strong agains Red’s. That means that in early Gen I art and Adventures, he was associated with Charmander, but this eventually shifted to Squirtle circa the Johto arc in the anime (it isn’t until his battle with Ash in the Johto League that we discover Gary’s Starter was Squirtle.)

By virtue of having fewer appearances in general, Leaf has almost always been associated with Squirtle due to early art and Adventures being the only things we had to go by. People nowadays give her Bulbasaur by default because Red and Blue get Charmander and Squirtle, respectively, but she’s never really been associated with Bulbasaur in any canon thus far.

Jimothy likes this.
  16. Esserise

Esserise Grave

Blog Posts:
    Well, like Unown Seer said, it at least avoids a fundamental retconning of Blue’s character. It’s always been the case that Blue started out arrogant and then chilled out (a little) afterward, not that he was always your best pal. Better to heap all of Trace’s saccharine Care Bear garbage onto a blank-slate scrub that nobody cares about than to risk the reaction to overwriting a classic fan-favorite (which is something I don’t think the folks at Game Freak are very inclined to do anyway).

But also it’s probably supposed to mirror Masuda’s vision of the game, with parents and their children playing together. So you have the adult players represented with Red/Blue/Leaf, and the new children experiencing Kanto for the first time represented by Trace and whatever-their-names-are-I-don’t-care.

Unown Seer likes this.
  17. Unown Seer

Unown Seer What now?

Blog Posts:
    Of course, that would be a lot more natural if the games were sequels, but that that would have required effort. Plus, Masuda wanted to make it easy for parents to know where to go in the games...

I'm glad that Red and Green/Leaf aren't just co-op avatars, at any rate.

18. JFrombaugh

JFrombaugh Member

Blog Posts:
    Main thing I’m wondering about is whether Leaf/Green will have her manga personality, where she was actually kind of a crook who tricked others and stole from people, to the point where she could’ve easily been Team Rocket material had it not been for character development.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  19. Unown Seer

Unown Seer What now?

Blog Posts:
    Game Freak have never referenced any manga before. Sugimori was the one who designed her.

20. JFrombaugh

JFrombaugh Member

Blog Posts:
    As for why Red, Blue, and Leaf exist in the Let’s Go timeline, I’m leaning towards it being another time rip thing where they arrive from their respective universes where they were the ones to defeat Team Rocket and become Champion.

As for whether or not we will actually get a Delta Episode/Team RR style postgame story involving the three of them, and if so, what will their teams be...well, I think that’s still anybody’s guess at this point based on the trailer.

TechSkylander1518 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.