• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Game Freak said the 2019 games have been in development way before the Switch launch and they're not based on Pokémon GO, rather in XY and Sun and Moon — your typical Pokémon game.
But that doesn't necessitate huge amounts of content, that let's go is a glorified spinoff or that it won't keep the Go mechanics.

1) They said nothing about gen 8 other than its date. Even if they did we couldn't trust them.
2) We can guess from simplified stats and stuff but they said "main series" so it's up in the air.
3) For all we know all they meant by like XY and SM is that it is a new generation.

I'm asking a serious question, I don't visit much. Did stuff like Super Mystery Dungeon get a section?

Well for starters, these aren't spin-offs, and no, I don't think any spin-offs have ever gotten a section.

These are core series games just as much as ORAS, HGSS, or FRLG are.

Pokémon games - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ_qtyOa5Dg&feature=youtu.be

Both the press conference and most official sources make those distinctions.

Nah it's a spin off lol, Bulbapedia can post what they want

Nah it's a spin off lol, Bulbapedia can post what they want

You... Didn't even click the video, did you.

In the video the President and CEO of The Pokemon Company, Ishihara, CLEARLY states it's a main series title.

It plays like a main series title. It's got a couple of integrations from GO, but for the most part, it plays exactly as you'd expect a Yellow remake to play.

Bulbapedia makes fairly clear definitions on what is a core game, what is a side game, and what is a spin-off game.

It is extremely clear that if the combat system is our traditional, turn-based, four move system, it's either a core game or a side game, which can connect, trade, etc with the core games.

However, this is specifically recognized as a core series game. Basically, if the game has you journey with a starter, a Pokedex, beat gyms or island trials, defeat an evil team, and challenge a Pokemon League, it's recognized as a core series game.

I don't understand why the fandom is so divided on these terms. It's fairly clear. They said it's main series. It's being marketed and hyped like any other main series release. It was developed by the team that develops almost exclusively main series titles.

All the evidence you can gather points to a main series game.

And this is why I said you're trolling. Because you are.

Here: i was already expecting gen 8 in 2019, so to me is okay.

I already said i was never interested on going back to Kanto, and the simplication doesn't appeal me. I'd be mad if it were the first gen 8 entry with all this casualisation, but being a gen 7 "thrid" entry/remake or spin off is alright imo. The Pokemon following feature looks nice though.

I'd fit Lets Go it in "gen 7 remake" spot as it's a yellow reboot. If ORAS and HGSS are core games, Lets go should be considered as well.

Also, the main characters are Red and Leaf? I'm confused.

You... Didn't even click the video, did you.

In the video the President and CEO of The Pokemon Company, Ishihara, CLEARLY states it's a main series title.

It plays like a main series title. It's got a couple of integrations from GO, but for the most part, it plays exactly as you'd expect a Yellow remake to play.

Bulbapedia makes fairly clear definitions on what is a core game, what is a side game, and what is a spin-off game.

It is extremely clear that if the combat system is our traditional, turn-based, four move system, it's either a core game or a side game, which can connect, trade, etc with the core games.

However, this is specifically recognized as a core series game. Basically, if the game has you journey with a starter, a Pokedex, beat gyms or island trials, defeat an evil team, and challenge a Pokemon League, it's recognized as a core series game.

I don't understand why the fandom is so divided on these terms. It's fairly clear. They said it's main series. It's being marketed and hyped like any other main series release. It was developed by the team that develops almost exclusively main series titles.

All the evidence you can gather points to a main series game.

And this is why I said you're trolling. Because you are.

What about Collusem and XD?

What ever they wanna call it, most people are calling it a spin off cuz it pretty much is

What ever they wanna call it, most people are calling it a spin off cuz it pretty much is
They never called collussem and xd main line themselves through.
At the 3 minute mark they out line the plan for the show. It goes like this: 1st we will show a all new pokemon game fore the switch and Smartphone (Quest) 2nd we will talk about the new mainline game on the switch (Lets go Pika/evee) 3rd we will talk about a new device (The pokeball) 4th we will outline our planes for 2019. 1-3 where also still in the 2018 part of the scale.

Here: i was already expecting gen 8 in 2019, so to me is okay.

I already said i was never interested on going back to Kanto, and the simplication doesn't appeal me. I'd be mad if it were the first gen 8 entry with all this casualisation, but being a gen 7 "thrid" entry/remake or spin off is alright imo. The Pokemon following feature looks nice though.

I'd fit Lets Go it in "gen 7 remake" spot as it's a yellow reboot. If ORAS and HGSS are core games, Lets go should be considered as well.

Also, the main characters are Red and Leaf? I'm confused.
arent they roumured to be new trainers possible their kids?

Colosseum and XD are side series games, as defined in that link to bulbapedia I sent you.

Side series games are games that follow most of the combat rules of main series games, but do not follow the same adventure of badges -> defeat evil team -> defeat Pokemon League.

The primary difference is the Pokemon League.

No spin-off in history has followed the combat mechanics of the main series, that's what makes them spin offs, the fact that Let's Go does follow the traditional combat mechanics automatically makes it a main or side series game, and the presence of an identical journey to every other main series game, that being, getting a starter and a Pokedex, battling gyms (or island trials), defeating an evil team, and challenging a Pokemon League, makes it a main series game. It's pretty simple to come to this conclusion. People are only calling it a spin-off as a sort of insult, not as a definitive categorization. People are like "ew these games suck they must be spin-offs" when the only thing different is wild encounter mechanics.

Then again, people said the same exact things to island trials, soooo I guess people really just want the same game copy and pasted in a different region over and over and over with absolutely no variation whatsoever. If that's what you want in a game there's six generations worth of games that function exactly like that, go play them.

The rest of us will embrace the series "evolving" (pun intended), and give the changes Gamefreak makes a chance.

arent they roumured to be new trainers possible their kids?
Wasn't this rumour a fake leak presenting the supposed playable character designs? Also if it's a yellow reboot instead of sequel its very unlikely that they are Red or Blue kids, but who knows....

how is the series evolving by removing 90% of the roster and removing wild Pokemon fights? it's going backwards

and why are you putting words into my mouth? I enjoyed Sun

how is the series evolving by removing 90% of the roster and removing wild Pokemon fights? it's going backwards

and why are you putting words into my mouth? I enjoyed Sun

We don't know for a fact that the roster is removed, contrary to what's been spread, they never said "only 151 Pokemon will be available" they said "the first 151 Pokemon will be available" presumably until the post-game.

Second of all, features like following Pokemon, your starter sitting on your shoulder or head, co-op, transferring from GO, and a lot of other things they haven't shown yet are big steps in the right direction.

Wild Pokemon fights are a temporary change, the 2019 games are supposedly going back to the old wild encounter mechanics, but there's nothing wrong with changing something up one time, as with island trials instead of gyms for one region, for example.

Also, we already know it's not JUST Kanto Pokemon, because we are confirmed to be receiving a brand new supposed Gen 8 Pokemon by connecting with GO, so that already debunks all the false claims that it's locked into Kanto Pokemon.

Meh, I'm used to following Monsters and dressing them up in outfits from the Digimon games, it's nothing special and Digimon have been doing it for 20 years

They would've come out and said it's more than 151 by now lol

The Let's Go games are a massive step back. Below par graphics, 700 less monsters, phone game features. This just seems like an indie game and I can't believe they're gonna charge full price for it lol, it should be around $15. Or heck, make it free and flood it with pay to win mechanics

Meh, I'm used to following Monsters and dressing them up in outfits from the Digimon games, it's nothing special and Digimon have been doing it for 20 years

The Let's Go games are a massive step back. Below par graphics, 700 less monsters, phone game features. This just seems like an indie game and I can't believe they're gonna charge full price for it lol, it should be around $15. Or heck, make it free and flood it with pay to win mechanics
Hot take: Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean it's not main series.

Lol are you serious? Below par graphics? Did you see the trailer?

It's Gen 6 chibi-style graphics but in much higher quality, XY and ORAS to a lesser extent were very pixely/choppy, these games completely eliminate that. The models are fantastic, truly worthy of being home console graphics. In my opinion the graphics are actually by far the best part about the trailer. They're absolutely top tier graphics.

And they did say it's more than 151... That's why we're receiving a brand new Gen 8 Pokemon?

Hot take: Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean it's not main series.

This man speaks the truth.

I just wish people would quit judging a book by its cover and berating this game over a 3 minute trailer and a conservative press release, they mentioned several times they have more surprises in store, but people are already bashing the game. It's frustrating to see how far the fandom has devolved as far as the haters go. Which is why when the game comes out and the haters are actually out enjoying and playing the game, I'm not gonna let them. I'm gonna reply to all of them and be like "but these are shitty indie spin-offs remember? You hate these games, you didn't want to touch or buy these games."

They're gonna eat their words for judging a game off a 3 minute trailer that included about half that in actual game footage.

A rumor says that Red will appear, we have to wait to see if it's real. If he appears, then the characters are new ones, but if he doesn't appear then they are Red & Leaf.

Considering the fact that this is a direct reboot/remake of Yellow, I'm willing to bet they're just redesigns of Red and Leaf, Team Rocket's presence and Professor Oak as well as the fact that we are confirmed to be limited to the first 151 Pokemon at least for the main series all point to this not being a sequel but a remake.

Hey guys, wanna see a joke, courtesy of @Muur?

"Subpar graphics"

J3N5bqZ.jpg

pokemon-lets-go-pikachu.jpg

:ROFLMAO::LOL:(y)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom