• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

still think this game its not for me but i have arguments and watched enough for can make my own opinion and for me its the same thing but with connections with seventh generation

the game looks good if you are new and its your adventure that intro its difficult to forget compared with other entries the point its make that moment adorable like you sweet childwood

the interface for me its decent compared with other ones and explains everything and not feels the tutorial invade the player with much information

as i said i want try like this game but its impossible for me i m glad game freak wants use pikachu and eevee with part of marketing strategy but no sells me as product

and thanfully all spoilers my mind its changed i dont critize and i dont be hater anymore but for me i m gona waiting 2019 as veteran player

all moment while i watched those videos its:
the level of casual in this game its offensive for me

Apparently this game has gotten pretty good reviews so far! I'm genuinely pleased to hear that; I was kinda putting off getting these games until review sites got their hands on them. I'm just the kind of cautious person to make sure that my purchase isn't wasted and stuff. :x

That said, while admittedly I'm not the biggest fan of the watered down experience compared to the core series RPGs, I'm still open to giving these games a shot. My only biggest issue is that I feel like I'm going to be left out since I don't really play Pokemon Go, but eh...

Apparently this game has gotten pretty good reviews so far! I'm genuinely pleased to hear that; I was kinda putting off getting these games until review sites got their hands on them. I'm just the kind of cautious person to make sure that my purchase isn't wasted and stuff. :x

That said, while admittedly I'm not the biggest fan of the watered down experience compared to the core series RPGs, I'm still open to giving these games a shot. My only biggest issue is that I feel like I'm going to be left out since I don't really play Pokemon Go, but eh...

From what I've seen so far from the leaks, I still think I will probably be passing, at least for now (who knows how bored I will get during the run up to the Gen VIII games on the Switch).

That said, deep down I am glad that the Let's Go games are not just some middle-muddle-fiddle-fuddle that was doomed from the start. I can understand why GameFreak went with them as a way of trying to bridge the gap between veterans of the core RPG series and those who got into Pokémon mostly because of GO, as well as why they want to try to appeal to a younger audience.

They're just not really my cup of tea, is all.

Here's the opening + 41ish minutes of game.

Did that guy seriously name their character Shirako? That's like naming a kid Caviar! :D:D:D Such an odd thing to call the player character but oh well.

Fun way to just justify LGPE in canon without resorting to boring multiverses: We know that Game Freak exist in the Pokémon world, and make Pokémon games within it. LGPE is an in-universe video game based on the real adventures of Red and Blue, who got paid by the developers to use their likeness and have them come in to do mo-cap.

So the main character's supposed to be you from the real, non Pokémon world? Interesting.

I've already made a character who is supposed to be that. He's from Sinnoh and not Kanto, and his starter was a Turtwig and not a Pikachu or Eevee.

I mean, don't all (or at least, most) main series Pokemon games get glowing reviews regardless of the game's quality? (Gaming journalism has become notoriously sketchy when it comes to reviews, and I'm not talking about whatever GamerGate is/was. But that's another topic for another day.) I wouldn't trust reviewers at all. Not that I'm an unbiased source either, but I'd say the best option would be to watch gameplay and make your own decision than listen to reviewers.

For what it's worth through, it doesn't seem like Go is a huge necessity for this game. You'll miss some things, and some things will run smoother with Go. But for the most part, the game looks petty self-sufficient. Some of its key features (like riding Pokemon, and certain special characters) don't involve Go at all.

Last edited:

People are saying it's only possible to do against Master Trainers. See the Weedle lvl 65.

I'm not sure, but if it is, well, that would not be news. You could already give up on battles at the facilities, and the Masters Trainers is like a battle facilitie for Let's Go, by the way I see it.

About Green:

Some people have already played the part where Green appears.

According to some, in her dialogue she says she is looking for Mewtwo, and then is surprised by the fact that we (the players) have already captured it. Then she invites us into battle. After losing, she hands us Mewtwonite, throws a bunch of poké balls on the floor and leaves (?). Sounds kind of weird to me, but that's what people are talking about.

Edit
Mewtwonite*

Green footage is up.

She talks and has a spicy personality. She is not pleased with the player for catching Mewtwo, and has a peculiar sense of humor. It sounds worse on paper.

I'd take anything over the silent treatment or, worse still, the generically nice personality the series is known for. I wonder if anyone mentions her except for Trace. She acts like a rival rather than an ex-protagonist, but does she even know Red?

Oh, and she can be rebattled in Cerulean City indefinitely, but her team is unchanged. She keeps cracking the same joke.

Last edited:

You know, I don't know why, but for some reason, hearing this guy's perspective on not only this game, but the series up to this point...I'm curious if anyone else feels intrigued that maybe this is a good reason why Go exists, maybe even should.

Although I missed most of the live stream linked to earlier, another guy is in the middle of recording a Co-op Let's Play and has already gotten as far as Silph Co:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgubeD5eKjg

Me @ 34:40 "Alright, TR Grunt, hit us with some 'Oh no! I dropped the Lift Key' 3.0!
Me @ 34:45 "NOOOOO! They changed this event too?!"

Although I missed most of the live stream linked to earlier, another guy is in the middle of recording a Co-op Let's Play and has already gotten as far as Silph Co:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgubeD5eKjg

Me @ 34:40 "Alright, TR Grunt, hit us with some 'Oh no! I dropped the Lift Key' 3.0!
Me @ 34:45 "NOOOOO! They changed this event too?!"

Wow, that Cubone and Marowak scene tugged at the ol heartstrings more than the original. I also like that it's implied that same Cubone joined Trace's team after that. He lost his family, so Trace became his new family. Blue was never that kind -_-.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom