• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Can't say I'm excited about going back to the grid-style map or bobble-head characters, myself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I always thought that any return to Kanto at this point would feature a more realized world, like Origins (that'd be the only way for me to really look forward to seeing the Region again for the 5th time...). This is definitely pretty-looking and colorful, but I'm not a fan.

I also thought that they would at least modernize the Pokedex...To feature post-Gen I Evolutions, forms and Megas. Maybe even do what the 20th movie did, and have trainers run around with Pokemon from other Regions like it's just a regular thing after the time that's passed.

Quit targeting me Emploeon guy. A lot of people, on Reddit at least, don;t like the graphical change, including a post on this page. It's a step back

Now leave me alone ,yeah?

Which is why when the game comes out and the haters are actually out enjoying and playing the game, I'm not gonna let them. I'm gonna reply to all of them and be like "but these are shitty indie spin-offs remember? You hate these games, you didn't want to touch or buy these games."

They're gonna eat their words for judging a game off a 3 minute trailer that included about half that in actual game footage.

Jokes on you, I have no intenion of buying a Switch until November 2019 when gen 8 comes

Or if a Persona or Digimon spin off comes to it, I guess.

Quit targeting me Emploeon guy. A lot of people, on Reddit at least, don;t like the graphical change, including a post on this page. It's a step back

Now leave me alone ,yeah?

By no means I agree with his harrassement but you're the one saying questionable stuff like "they should sell this mobile Switch game for 15 bucks" and "this subpar graphics" (which somehow I agree too, but this game has a pretty definable art style) so you're kinda exposing yourself to some debate :/

Tbf, there's debating and there's calling me out to mock and laugh

and I do think it's out of order to charge full Switch for a game with so little content

If he had calmly debated my points instead of doing a personal attack it would've been fine. Like, he came in and said I'm an idiot and then put words into my mouth that "I'll be an even bigger idiot when I buy it and love it" and then specifically said he will mock me "when I enjoy it". You're allowed to have an unpopular opinion, he's the one that's out of order here from personally attacking and calling me out

Hey guys, wanna see a joke, courtesy of @Muur?

"Subpar graphics"

J3N5bqZ.jpg

pokemon-lets-go-pikachu.jpg

:ROFLMAO::LOL:(y)
You can disagree with them all you want --hell, I'm on your side in this debate-- but I think this kind of comment is uncalled for.

It is vague whether is this is a spinoff or not. "We are developing a main series game" "Here a main series game that is mechanically different from all the other ones. It has most of the roster removed and is has no online but it does have online. It connects to Go but we aren't telling you if it connects to bank" "the next year there is another core series game that game was the game we were talking about originally. Not Let's Go. Oh yeah and we're not saying if you can import non Kanto Pokemon from Go".

Crystal clear messaging guys anyone who disagrees with you is trolling.

Like, he came in and said I'm an idiot and then put words into my mouth that "I'll be an even bigger idiot when I buy it and love it" and then specifically said he will mock me "when I enjoy it". You're allowed to have an unpopular opinion, he's the one that's out of order here from personally attacking and calling me out

I never called you an idiot, I even did a ctrl+F search for "idiot" on page 12 and 13 just to be certain, so now who's shoving words in whose mouth?

To Game Freak, mainline and core clearly don't mean the same thing. I'd like to hear the distinction they draw, from them, but it will probably never happen.

I never called you an idiot, I even did a ctrl+F search for "idiot" on page 12 and 13 just to be certain, so now who's shoving words in whose mouth?

Hater is close enough, plus you DID say you'd target people hating the games "when they enjoy it in 6 months",

But I'm done anyway, I'm not gonna respond to your bullying any more

To Game Freak, mainline and core clearly don't mean the same thing. I'd like to hear the distinction they draw, from them, but it will probably never happen.

I believe the distinction is that core games are the new pairs of each Generation, and are also mainline games, but the rest of the games of each generation are also mainline games.

So core = the first two games

Mainline = everything else inbetween each set of two brand new games.

Hater is close enough, plus you DID say you'd target people hating the games "when they enjoy it in 6 months",

Which there is nothing wrong with calling them out on jumping the gun and hating on a game after one freaking trailer. But the same thing happens more or less every time there's a new game, so I'm not surprised, all it's done over the years is make me lose faith in the fandom time and time again.

After taking a couple of day to think more about these games, I like them more than I initially expected I would. I was hoping that all of the rumors were false, mainly because I'm tired of the Kanto glorification and only having the first generation of Pokemon available sounded boring to me. Plus, I still prefer the idea of a trip through a modern Kanto featuring a few different Pokemon from the various generation over another remake since that sounded more interesting and unique to me.

With that in mind, I think releasing Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is a pretty smart move. It's clearly designed to attract more casual fans, especially Pokemon Go players, into the main series, leads more people to buy a Switch before the next generation comes out and gives Game Freak a chance to test out a Switch title with a system that I imagine was easier to work with given that it's a Yellow remake. It basically gives both the developers and new/casual fans a chance to test out a Switch title before the eighth generation. Admittedly, I still think that a new generation would be enough to attract more people to the Switch, which is one reason why I was kind of hoping that they'd skip this year to focus on the Switch title, but at the same time, I can't blame them from relying on the Kanto nostalgia to better guarantee more people buying the system. As much as I find Kanto to be overrated and boring, people clearly love it and it can attract both new and long time fans. The fact that buying a Switch and even just one of the two versions would be more expensive than buying a regular handheld system from the last generation might have been a factor too.

It probably also helps that they emphasized that these aren't the big Switch titles they announced last year. Part of the reason I didn't want the rumors to be true was because I didn't want to start off the next generation in Kanto. These are kind of a strange mixture of spin-off and main series games that connect to Pokemon Go, as well as serve as a bridge between these two generations. I think that also helped me to warm up to these games.

It also helps that the trailer was pretty cool. I love the designs for the new trainers. They look cute and actually look like kids. The graphics are nice and bright. Pikachu and Eevee sitting on the players' heads is nice and the walking Pokemon feature is fantastic too. I love that Pikachu and Eevee can have their own outfits. That's just extremely adorable. I'm actually pretty fine with the Pokemon Go connections. It's kind of weird to see CP and levels in the same screen, but it makes sense given that you can transfer Pokemon from Go into this game. I like being able to see Pokemon in the over world and while the lack of wild battles is strange, being able to use the Joy-Con or the Pokeball to throw a Pokeball looks pretty fun. I don't know if I'd use the Pokeball to take a Pokemon on a walk, but it's a cute feature. I'm sure that the special Pokemon they were referring to at the end was a new generation eight Pokemon to further tie in the two games together.

I'd still want to learn more about the games, especially to see if there are more significant differences between it and Yellow, but I'm liking the idea behind the games the more I think about them. I'm sure learning more about them will make them more appealing games and make me more eager to save up for a Switch in time for November.

Last edited:
Meh, I'm used to following Monsters and dressing them up in outfits from the Digimon games, it's nothing special and Digimon have been doing it for 20 years

They would've come out and said it's more than 151 by now lol

The Let's Go games are a massive step back. Below par graphics, 700 less monsters, phone game features. This just seems like an indie game and I can't believe they're gonna charge full price for it lol, it should be around $15. Or heck, make it free and flood it with pay to win mechanics

First of all, you're confusing 'graphics' with 'art style.' The Graphics in Let's GO are obviously better, as it runs on a system more powerful and with HD qualities, than any other Pokémon game. Having said that, the art style and design of the game still looks great, despite the fact that the trainers are chibi styled again.

Secondly, this is a full retail game, not some freemium app created for a phone. Literally everything in this game (except battling wild Pokémon) is the same as a traditional core series game. And yet you expect this game to be suddenly worth as much as an indie title simply because there is no battling wild Pokémon? You amuse me.

And the reason why it is just Kanto Pokemon is because this game is a start for Pokemon GO players, as well as people new to the franchise, to ease into main series Pokémon games. If they included absolutely everything from the core series games, then there is no point in this game existing to begin with.

I don’t know how people complain about price. When

Mario kart dx
Pokken dx
Donkey Kong
Zelda hyrle world

All ports are full priced which is way worse

I was just thinking about this, and I'm actually really curious what Pokemon the rival (assuming they exist) will have. I almost wonder if in Let's Go Pikachu they'll have Eevee, while in Let's Go Eevee, they'll have Pikachu. Or maybe it'll be something different all together :unsure:

And yet you expect this game to be suddenly worth as much as an indie title simply because there is no battling wild Pokémon? You amuse me.

More because they're removing 90% of the roster, therefore it should be 90% of the price

Digimon Hacker's Memory on PS4 has a roster of 341 and was £35, this Pokemon game will have a roster of 152 and will be £60

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

More because they're removing 90% of the roster, therefore it should be 90% of the price

That literally makes no sense. By your logic, they should have increased the price of Pokémon every generation for increasing the roster and overall Pokémon.

The fact is, this is a full blown Pokémon game, with just a few GO mechanics mixed into it. It is also a switch game, not a 3DS game (and definitely not some freemium app) and it shall be priced as such. These are facts, whether you like the game or not.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom