• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Ridable Pokemon? Cool idea, but why the fuck are Venusaur, Blastoise, and Pidgeot not ridable? Also Ninetales. That particular one is weird because fucking Persian is ridable.

Weirdly enough, you can ride on Kantonian Persian, but can't ride Alolan Persian. I really wonder why is that.

Also, it would have been cool to be able to ride Blastoise, Dewgong and Starmie on water.

They have certainly made some strange choices about which Pokémon can be mounted and which can not.

If we would follow what we see in the anime and the movies, we should be able to fly in a Pidgeot (like the guy on the first movie), be able ride on a Venusaur on land, and also be able to ride on Blastoise, Dewgong and Starmie in the water, as Cresselia92 said.

To be honest, I liked the ones that we have, but I think they could have put a little more effort in the whole system, and put all the references of the anime and the movies, like, for example, being able to ride on a Squirtle or a Staryu in the water as well. Exactly like Ash and Misty did in the first movie. That would be incredible.

I hope they improve it in the next games (and I'm not even considering the possibility of they removing the feature, it would be so much disappointing at this point).

latest

mewtwo_the_movie_dewgong_pokmon_back_strikes_by_pokemononlinegames-d8jrz0o.png
latest
150px-PSA_Camerupt_Blastoise.png
pokemon-movie-1-09.png
latest

You expect them to not only to account for other generations, but be as exhaustive as possible for each generation?

And why not?

The community has so many expectations about the upcoming games...And honestly, if Game Freak could not even handle something as simple as including more mounts, I would have to agree with people who say that another developer should make the Pokémon games (I disagree with that. I trust in Game Freak only to develop them. But if they could not even handle something like that, it would be too much disappointing).

Things like that are the least I expect for the next generations...it's not that hard to do so.

Last edited:
I don't understand people thinking it's hard for game freak to do things,they've yet to make a game as complicated as a fallout or Skyrim.

I mean after years of lazy cash grabs they can do a little work to please fans

Another awesome feature introduced in these games that needs refining: the Co-Op.

In a perfect world, your friend would connect with their own Switch and use their own player character/party to assist you. But failing that, at least let the support player interact with the overworld to some capacity.

You will get SM-level riding next year and you will make do with it. Pray for Let's Go Johto to do better.

I'm satisfied with Let's Go, it does well for its purpose. I just said that it could be a little better.

But about the traditional games (and consequently next year's game), I expect much more. Much much more. And I really think Game Freak will bring a lot more, time will tell if I'm wrong.

But about the traditional games (and consequently next year's game), I expect much more. Much much more. And I really think Game Freak will bring a lot more, time will tell if I'm wrong.
Think about it from Game Freak's perspective. Does it make sense to take every LGPE feature (even excluding Go catching) and make it better in the traditional games? I don't see how when they've already expressed interest in continuing Let's Go as a sub-series, and there are plenty of other features they could capitalize on in the traditional games.

So...let’s cycle through the generations.

What are some Johto Pokémon we could feasibly ride on in the future?

I’ve got:

-Meganium
-Feraligatr
-Girafarig
-Steelix
-Mantine
-Skarmory
-Houndoom
-Stantler
-all the legendaries

What other Johto Pokémon could be rideable?

I don't understand people thinking it's hard for game freak to do things,they've yet to make a game as complicated as a fallout or Skyrim.

I mean after years of lazy cash grabs they can do a little work to please fans

Because they release schedules are way shorther than those two games you mention?
Is not that "it is hard" is that they have a limited development time, if anything.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom