• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I am really not interested in what they do with post-Johto regions now, although I'd never use a forum consensus from people who haven't played LGPE yet. What they do with Sinnoh is beside the point when it comes to Johto, and the latter could influence the fate of overworld Pokemon in the traditional series.

So in under a week, LGPE have sold over 3 million copies which is already a sales record for the Switch. So regardless of the loud minority hate, these games are already a huge success.

Are we sure that's the case?

Green also has a Clefable which is another hint towards Clefairy being the third starter.

Red still has a Pikachu, and in Yellow, Blue would get the Eevee. So I guess in some weird Yellow canon, if Green existed, she'd get the Clefairy.

So in under a week, LGPE have sold over 3 million copies which is already a sales record for the Switch. So regardless of the loud minority hate, these games are already a huge success.

Green also has a Clefable which is another hint towards Clefairy being the third starter.

Red still has a Pikachu, and in Yellow, Blue would get the Eevee. So I guess in some weird Yellow canon, if Green existed, she'd get the Clefairy.

But Blue isn't using an Eeveelution on his team (I wish he did).

3 million is pretty good but what do the games do on 3ds in a year? Like 10-17 million?

I don't even think there's that many switches

I'm definitely enjoying the game for sure. And I'm one that cried at the announcement trailer out of excitement.

22 million Switches have been sold. I dunno how if that counts as a lot compared to other consoles?

I know this year Nintendo is way below switch sales they projected to stock holders but 22 mil sold isn't bad and who knows how this holiday season will go.

I'd say if there's at least 22 mil switches sold anything less than 10 mil Pokemon let's go being sold by the end of the holidays is a bust, especially compared to how the real games sell

I'd say if there's at least 22 mil switches sold anything less than 10 mil Pokemon let's go being sold by the end of the holidays is a bust, especially compared to how the real games sell
That's a weird bar for a "bust" after just 1.5 months. ORAS had sold 9.35 million units by the end of 2014, but went on to sell almost 5 additional million units over 4 years. As has been explained multiple times, there are multiple reasons why LGPE's sales would be slower, and even overall lower than ORAS' were, but the games would still be considered more successful.

I don't think selling less than is ever more successful,let's go needs to sell better just to overcome the hate is already garnered

So selling less makes more money is how profit works???
GF don’t give a shit about the hate they garnered. They give a shit about sales numbers. And sales numbers have been really good so far. We’ll see whether it loses steam in the coming weeks, but it’s doing quite well as of right now.

Last edited:
So selling less makes more money is how profit works???
First of all, you were talking about a scenario where they sold the same number of units as ORAS. For some reason you think they need to do better, which is silly.

Secondly, LGPE are more expensive - about twice as much on average due to the popular Poke Ball Plus bundle. 10 million units would be excellent even overall, seeing as these are not high budget games.

I wouldn't expect the 2019 games to sell 16 million copies, either. They don't need to.

Last edited:
LGPE really cannot be compared to the previous remakes because:

1. They’re the first Switch games unlike any remake.
2. They rely on the unique nature of Kanto nostalgia (which is the reason I don’t think future let’s Go games will happen over traditional remakes)
3. They rely on the limelight GO gave to all the household name Pokémon.

LGPE is probably to GameFreak what Wii is to Nintendo- a game which relies on household appeal to garner attention and love.
Just look at the amount of people who know Pikachu vs amount of people who know Lugia.

LGPE really has no valid comparison with the previous entries, but they’re probably the most profitable games GameFreak has dished out in the recent years (and will hold the status for years to come).
Even a LGPE sequel will not reach this level of success.

Another, (foreseen, or unforeseen, I don’t know) factor might be the success of Detective Pikachu trailer. Pokemon is now 'mainstream' and in limelight again thanks to the trailer. (Infact, I hadn’t even seen the trailer and was shared to me by a friend who has never expressed interest in Pokemon).

This is probably the most socially acceptable time to be a Pokemon fan, and GameFreak capitalised perfectly on the opportunity to bring in people. I think it was expected that this game will be a massive success since the moment it was announced.

No future let’s Go games will be such extraordinary success and it seems like an one-off attempt to rekindle/bring new people to love the franchise and encourage them to buy the next Switch entries.

Let's go Johto might be a thing, but I'm very doubtful. Even if they’re appending, it’ll be after Gen 4 remakes. Anything after Johto is off the table imo.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom