• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Honestly, Natures and IV's pretty much just translate to extra EV's anyway. Raise the EV cap and you have the IV's covered.

As for Natures, you could have, say, a Nutritionist NPC that lets you boost one stat further at the expense of another. Done. You get the nature boosts. Alternatively, just get rid of these boosts altogether because, meh. Whatever.

As for actual Natures, they can be a fun fluffy cosmetic thing. But your Timid Bulbasaur who often takes siestas would be statistically the same as your opponent's Jolly Bulbasaur who likes to thrash about....until you talk to the Personal Trainer. Then, your Timid Bulbasaur can be trained in HP and Defense and your opponent's can be trained in Sp. Atk and Speed. You get different Bulbasaurs with different characteristics trained in different ways, but the process is streamlined and not a nightmare to get through. And because Timid and Jolly no longer give specific boosts to certain stats, you can train your Bulbasaur however you like without penalty (the penalty I'm referring to is either a subpar Pokemon or wasted time.)

Last edited:
I've been playing GO pretty much daily since release but I don't think I want to transfer over my Pokemon~ Might make the game too easy if we can transfer over high level/CP mons at will

I've been playing GO pretty much daily since release but I don't think I want to transfer over my Pokemon~ Might make the game too easy if we can transfer over high level/CP mons at will
Don't you only make it to the park once you arrive in Saffron city, which is late into the game?

Or just let them change natures anyway. Digimon lets you do it, you just buy a cheap item. I guess it's slightly different as Digimon are computer programs in kayfabe but then again, nature is literally the only thing you can't change anyway and you can already "change" IVs, which is even more unchangeable in real life since that's literally genes.

Or just let them change natures anyway. Digimon lets you do it, you just buy a cheap item. I guess it's slightly different as Digimon are computer programs in kayfabe but then again, nature is literally the only thing you can't change anyway and you can already "change" IVs, which is even more unchangeable in real life since that's literally genes.

We already have the ability capsule, why not a nature capsule?

Serebii says Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee will be playable at E3. I can't wait for the new footage :D

That's good to hear. Hopefully they show that there's something more to the catching thing than just purely being GO based. Maybe the 'Help' option is actually using some sort of assistance skill so the members of your party can aid in catching wild Pokémon? For example, Electric-type Pokémon could have a stun effect that makes it harder for the opposing Pokémon to dodge your Poké Balls for one or two attempts.

If not that, then maybe some new feature or mini-game activity that you can do with your Pokémon could be shown off.

That's good to hear. Hopefully they show that there's something more to the catching thing than just purely being GO based. Maybe the 'Help' option is actually using some sort of assistance skill so the members of your party can aid in catching wild Pokémon? For example, Electric-type Pokémon could have a stun effect that makes it harder for the opposing Pokémon to dodge your Poké Balls for one or two attempts.

If not that, then maybe some new feature or mini-game activity that you can do with your Pokémon could be shown off.

Now that would be cool. :D

So, kinda like the Assists from the Pokémon Ranger series? That would actually be something nice to see, I admit.

Would be cool actually. Every type on you team would have a different effect depending on it. Like Normal types would boost catch rate, Electric would paralyze pokemon keeping them from moving around, Poison would slow them down.

Also, this. It seems like there will be online battling and trading, just not to the degree as previous games. So no wonder trade or ranked battles. So simply random battles and regular trading I guess.

Last edited:
So a thought just occurred to me. If they decide to give the LGPE Pokemon their own origin marker and if they actually use the origin marker for Go for the Pokemon originating from there, then that should mean the games would connect to Bank.

Maybe we'll see the summary screen next week?

So, pretty much the most minor thing I could wonder about, but it’s always irked me somewhat - I wonder if they’ll get Kiyo’s name right this time. Show some respect for the lost Gym Leader.

Actually, that does bring up a larger point - these games are using Yellow as a base, but to what extent? Obviously we won’t be seeing the Sevii Islands subplot, but like, FRLG still inserted several forward-looking references into the Kanto setting. Stuff such as a lab aide talking about Oak’s upcoming radio show deal, or the also-mistranslated Janine (“Charine”) cameo in Fuchsia City. None of that stuff is anything major, but it adds some nice little details, and Game Freak do seem to like throwing in such continuity references and Easter eggs.

So, pretty much the most minor thing I could wonder about, but it’s always irked me somewhat - I wonder if they’ll get Kiyo’s name right this time. Show some respect for the lost Gym Leader.

Actually, that does bring up a larger point - these games are using Yellow as a base, but to what extent? Obviously we won’t be seeing the Sevii Islands subplot, but like, FRLG still inserted several forward-looking references into the Kanto setting. Stuff such as a lab aide talking about Oak’s upcoming radio show deal, or the also-mistranslated Janine (“Charine”) cameo in Fuchsia City. None of that stuff is anything major, but it adds some nice little details, and Game Freak do seem to like throwing in such continuity references and Easter eggs.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

The assumption I see going around is that the effort to attract casual players is a zero sum game, and that because they're targeting casual players, they will remove absolutely every single little piece of depth the games could have. I don't know that it's quite that black and white (lolpun.) I'm sure that, even though they're simplifying things, they'll still have some details for longtime fans to enjoy. Targeting one demographic doesn't necessarily mean neglecting another. At least, not completely.

I think im more upset that there is no breeding more than anything tbh

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom