• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I dont get why its only 151 but then they also put in alola forms too. Johto mons would make sense since tge two regions are literally connected. Alola forms whole thing is it was their whole reason for existing is they were not in kanto. Putting them in a kanto only game makes no sense. Especially if there locking cross gen evos too

True. It defeats the purpose of having the forms in the first place. The only way they can put it of is a Safari Zone esque place that has different, man-made environments too put in the forms.

And it looks like I was right that you do get EXP from catching pokemon. It also seems like you can only trade and battle other players locally. But hey the bag box is rather handy.
No you can battle and trade online too,see the IGN article linked above in this page

Here's some Q&A information, including the mention of multiple accounts.
Interesting they say that lets go is considered home cobsole focused and gen 8 2019 is considered handheld focused and they didnt elaborate. Maybe its because of the couch co-op and throwing mechanic in this game?

And you have to connect with Go to get the completely new Pokémon.
More precisely: "There was a “special Pokémon” mentioned in the trailer Go players would meet if they linked it with Let’s Go. It’s an all-new Pokémon we’ve never seen before."

I still haven't seen any confirmation that this Pokemon is actually in LGPE, and the trailer only showed it as a present being given to the Go player.

So no wild battles its like everywhere is the safari zone mechanic now for encountering. I wonder what the new safari zone is like then?
True. It defeats the purpose of having the forms in the first place. The only way they can put it of is a Safari Zone esque place that has different, man-made environments too put in the forms.
Maybe safari zone has special tropical island area for them, that is the only way i can see it making sense to have them. Only other thing could be on like a sevii islands, but from sounds of it, they want to follow map of gen 1 as close as possible so i doubt that one.

First off, I'm so glad that we've been freed from the rumors and leaks thread these games finally have their own thread. :)

Second. I'm really excited to see more from these games. There's so much that I really want to know, such as what the version differences are going to be in these games, since the focal difference is now your starter vs a legendary. And how different will it be from the original Yellow. And most importantly, how soon can I start dressing up my Pikachu and Eevee!

Slightly sad that trainer customization probs ain't in the game, but I thrilled to see Pokemon able to wear clothes. Please keep this in future games.:cry:

More precisely: "There was a “special Pokémon” mentioned in the trailer Go players would meet if they linked it with Let’s Go. It’s an all-new Pokémon we’ve never seen before."

I still haven't seen any confirmation that this Pokemon is actually in LGPE, and the trailer only showed it as a present being given to the Go player.
Yeah it now sounds like its a reward in go for linking to lets go. My guess then is its a gen 8 pokemon that is teased early. similar to how movies have teased a new gen pokemon in the past, now it seems go will serve this purpose

I dont get why its only 151 but then they also put in alola forms too. Johto mons would make sense since tge two regions are literally connected. Alola forms whole thing is it was their whole reason for existing is they were not in kanto. Putting them in a kanto only game makes no sense. Especially if there locking cross gen evos too

Probably because including the Alola Forms gives Kanto another two Steel-type lines, which coincide with one of another two Ice-type lines (which also brings in another Fairy-type), a Ghost-type other than Gengar, a Dragon-type other than Dragonite, and any Dark-types at all.

I actually have to punch myself a bit for ridiculing the claim that the reason why there were several Dark-type Alola Forms is because Gen 1 didn’t have any... turns out, it actually did end up being relevant to Gen 1 remakes.

Granted, you could of course still ask why, if they want to expand Kanto’s type diversity, don’t they include Espeon, Umbreon, Steelix, Kingdra, etc. but I think it’s pretty clear that Game Freak consider forms and actual evolutions to be different fish.

I can see Lorelei with an Alolan Ninetales/Sandslash (both?), Agatha with an Alolan Marowak, Lance with an Alolan Exeggutor (as derpy as it is) and maybe even Bruno with an Alolan Dugtrio.

Okay, so if Fairy types and steel types are the same, I'd image cross gen move might be in the game as well. Also it seems comfirmed that Eevee and Pikachu can be boxed, so I you don't want them taking a slot you can just put em away

"The 2019 games won’t follow up the Let’s Go Games. They’ll be more like X/Y or Sun/Moon. All new series." What's an all new series? Let's Go? In which case it's a goddamn spinoff. Jesus at this rate I'll have to play the games to know if they really are main series or not.

"The 2019 games won’t follow up the Let’s Go Games. They’ll be more like X/Y or Sun/Moon. All new series." What's an all new series? Let's Go? In which case it's a goddamn spinoff. Jesus at this rate I'll have to play the games to know if they really are main series or not.
All new series is 2019 game.They're also referring to XY and SM as all new series,so I think this means it's a new Gen.

They said it's a mainline RPG. Not that much different from Platinum or the Ultra games.

Is anyone else weirded out by the boxart?
Like it's Pikachu/Eevee drawn,and then there's a photorealistic background...

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom