• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

One thing I do like and hope carries over to Gen 8 is how areas feel more alive with Pokemon wandering about. The forest had plenty of Bugs and the odd Pikachu and Oddish wandering around which made things seem livelier than we are used to (it was maybe a bit too crowded at some points though).

Yeah, but didn't they say that Go Park wouldn't be accessible until midway through the game?

I have to say like everyone else, I am... questioning the decision to force you to have a Grass or a Water-type. I suppose they want to teach the new players, but it still feels like a bit much for me. You could just give them a tip without forcing them to bring the Pokemon, and then give some examples of said Pokemon. Hopefully, it is just a difficulty curve/setting as Cresselia mentioned. But you'd think they'd say something about that in the video. From his wording though, it might be for the first gym only.

Also not too thrilled about what they did to the rival. I mean, I never cared for him or his stereotypically mean attitude to begin with, but... it really seems like they're insulting the player's intelligence, if I'm honest. Is this what they think of the "casuals"? They're human beings like the rest of us, I'm sure they'd be okay with a somewhat meaner rival who doesn't give you free stuff. It seems excessive even for children... but I don't know, maybe someone who's never played a Pokemon game before wouldn't care anyway.

On the bright side, the game looks gorgeous. (At least to me.) Those colors and shading are really popping out. The game really does feel more alive with Pokemon on the overworld, your Charmander following you, riding on your Onix, and having a Pikachu on your shoulder. Man, I sure do hope Gen VIII retains this, because it will really help me get immersed in the world and my mild roleplaying.

Yeah, but didn't they say that Go Park wouldn't be accessible until midway through the game?

They did? I must have missed that part.

Still, the idea of powering up your Pokémon more easily is something I really appreciate. Give us rebattleable Trainers or some way to get Pokéballs more easily (which I think they will, because otherwise how can you level up your team if you run out of Pokéballs and Trainers to battle?) and it’s all set.

Also, gotta agree with Arylett: the graphics are sooo beautiful! Everything feels more lively and alive, and the various characters are more expressive.

Bevause this is a discussion thread and we’re allowed to discuss something positive or negative about the games?
Of course, you guys just jumped on me cause I pointed I mostly saw complaints on my way in. No clue why you suddenly got defensive just cause we differ

What's the point of sharing opinions if nobody pays attention or cares about em?
Huh?? If the opinions are valid whether it’s positive or negative. People should be allowed to express

We expressing our thoughts on the games. In case you expressing you’re thoughts what posts matter and such. Focus energy on the positives if that’s you’re stance

It seems you can have all the starters from the get-go, which makes Eevee and Pikachu as a starter even more pointless than they already were. And geez, they are really deciding what Pokemon you must have on your team, else you cannot even challenge the leaders.

I doubt you get all the starters from the beginning. The team they had seemed to be crafted for the demo. The team had the 3 original starters puls the new ones (all popular pokemon that everyone is familiar with) and onix to show the riding feature.

I don’t mind the Grass/Water thing for Brock too much, to be honest. I remember that I used to ragequit as a kid because I found Brock frustrating due to having Charmander and Pidgey in my team. It was thanks to an older friend which I managed to go forward with the game, because otherwise I would have dropped the playthrough.

I can see that thing as an anti-frustration feature for a younger audience which couples as a way to learn a bit more about type matchups. There is nothing stopping you all from showing up with a Lv. 5 Grass/Water and have your Double Kick Pikachu or whatever deal with the first Gym.

Bedsides, the demo says that Brock has that specific rule for beginners. It makes me wonder if the other Gyms will have specific rules as well, maybe that follow the difficulty curve.
Are we sure this restriction isn't just for the demo and/or some sort of difficulty setting? Besides, if this happens in the retail release, I can see Game Freak throwing a curve ball in there by the Pokémon in that Gym having moves that counter those types. They did say there were things that would keep veterans on their toes, but that could most likely just be PR talk.

The possibility of every Gym having their own rule-set is intriguing though. It's also something I've wanted implemented for a long time now.

Huh?? If the opinions are valid whether it’s positive or negative. People should be allowed to express

We expressing our thoughts on the games. In case you expressing you’re thoughts what posts matter and such. Focus energy on the positives if that’s you’re stance
Again I never said you weren't allowed, again you guys are getting aggressive out of nowhere

They did? I must have missed that part.

Still, the idea of powering up your Pokémon more easily is something I really appreciate. Give us rebattleable Trainers or some way to get Pokéballs more easily (which I think they will, because otherwise how can you level up your team if you run out of Pokéballs and Trainers to battle?) and it’s all set.

Also, gotta agree with Arylett: the graphics are sooo beautiful! Everything feels more lively and alive, and the various characters are more expressive.
I agree, I definitely like these games and their art style, and can't wait to play them. I'm unsure of what else there really is to show on the games, save for the new Pokemon, but I definitely feel like a lot of how this game looks and the features present in the game will carry over into the Gen 8 game next year.

Though I'm not a fan of the whole CP thing. At least stats and abilities and natures are still a thing. And the whole 4 move thing as always.

I'm really curious as to how shiny hunting will be performed, as well as shiny Pokemon in general.

As GO Pokemon can't be returned to GO in Let's GO, I'm sure that this is their way of integrating sending your GO Pokemon into your console games, and I'm sure we will be seeing Pokemon Bank for the Switch announced this time next year to feature alongside the new games.

I also would like to see a fully animated Pokedex, as in the games in Pokemon Bank for Switch. I'd also imagine that the first year would come free with the Switch subscription thing.

I can't wait for next year. ❤

You can’t even sent a Mew from Go to LGPE. You NEED the pokeball plus to actually have one
- "This special Pokémon cannot be obtained through normal gameplay in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!"

- "Please note that you will not be able to bring a Mew caught in Pokémon GO into Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!"

- "The ability to claim your gift of Mew may be discontinued at some point after the initial sales period of the Poké Ball Plus."
This is a blatant cash grab if i’ve ever seen one.

You can’t even sent a Mew from Go to LGPE. You NEED the pokeball plus to actually have one

This is a blatant cash grab if i’ve ever seen one.
Not like this is the first time. Remember Manaphy? Or having to to drive to a nearby gamestop for mythicals? So gas money in that instance?

Not like this is the first time. Remember Manaphy? Or having to to drive to a nearby gamestop for mythicals? So gas money in that instance?
Who said anything about first time? It was bad when you had to buy ranger for Manaphy and go to a store just to get a stupid code, this is even worse.

They don’t even allow you to transfer Mew from Go when literally every other gen 1 pokemon can. They have no excuse.

Yeesh... I haven't really had a problem with any of the "friendly" rivals up to this point, but Trace seems about as bland as wet bread, and I don't really see how the "story" could mitigate that since this is a Yellow remake and probably won't even have one.

I mean, sure, Hau was just as much of a protagonist cheerleader, but at least he had very visible personality.

Having to drive to Gamestop wouldn't really be a "cash grab" on their part since Game Freak/TPC don't benefit from your gas money.

But yeah, they've charged money for access to certain Mythical Pokémon before... but so what? It still sucks, especially when they've shown us that they can do these things via QR codes now (but of course that's the distribution method that only gets used once).

*cringes at the memories of the Pokémon Ranger’s Manaphy mission*

Darn, I remember that all too well! Not only you were forced to finish the storyline, but you could only get one Manaphy per cartridge. As in, getting an used copy could have been futile, especially if the former owner had gotten it already. At least the Jirachi thing from Pikachu Channel was better, as you could skip days by forwarding the GameCube clock…

I guess that’s a positive about the Pokéball Plus thing: you don’t have to do a whole chore to obtain a specific Pokémon. Doesn’t change the fact that it is all a maneuver to get a thing, though, like many other maneuvers.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom