• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

It tickles me that you are required to have a Grass- or Water-type Pokémon in order to challenge Brock’s Gym... and yet you can still skip the two Gym Trainers and go straight to facing Brock. I mean, we wouldn’t want to make the games too hard by forcing you to deal with a whopping three battles, now would we?

It tickles me that you are required to have a Grass- or Water-type Pokémon in order to challenge Brock’s Gym... and yet you can still skip the two Gym Trainers and go straight to facing Brock. I mean, we wouldn’t want to make the games too hard by forcing you to deal with a whopping three battles, now would we?

But… you can skip the two Trainers in the original games. :eek: It’s just staying close to its original source… aside from the extra rule, of course.

Man, the graphics look gorgeous, and now i finally got to hear the soundtrack, which is amazing.
Since there are no Wild Battles, they changed/discarded the original wild theme, but the new theme sounds great too.
Also, while wild battles are gone, i kind of like that the pokemon dodges you, it makes them feel more unique actually. I can already imagine Mewtwo teleporting all over the place.

I gotta say though, when i buy a Switch, this will not be my top priority game, not even near that tbh. This looks and sounds nice, and the co-op is super cool (and MUST be in gen 8), but i just don't think this is a must-buy. Mario Odyssey, BOTW and Smash are the ones i'm looking forward more. Gen 8 could also destroy the chances of me buying this, if i don't buy Let's Go soon enough. And that kinda sucks actually, i do want to play this game, it's just that when i get a Switch and all the three games i mentioned, it might be too late.

Disappointed they change the rival to a trash character

I kind of want more information on that. If this is a sequel-like game, then that means Blue still exists at least. I do agree the rival right now seems a little bland though.

But… you can skip the two Trainers in the original games. :eek: It’s just staying close to its original source… aside from the extra rule, of course.

Hence “still”

I know it’s about “staying true to the originals” (except wherever they don’t feel like it, such as the new rival). It just amuses me that they clearly want to give the player a tutorial on type advantages but don’t take advantage of the obvious opportunity to make the player try them out in a couple of test-run battles. And there is an additional irony, in that there has been a large outcry from the online fandom to cut down on the forced tutorials, which they are technically doing by not imposing those battles on you... but at the same time, the fact that you can skip them entirely and are already forced to have an advantage against the Gym Leader makes the game even easier, which plays into another thing that people have been complaining about.

I know it’s about “staying true to the originals” (except wherever they don’t feel like it, such as the new rival). It just amuses me that they clearly want to give the player a tutorial on type advantages but don’t take advantage of the obvious opportunity to make the player try them out in a couple of test-run battles. And there is an additional irony, in that there has been a large outcry from the online fandom to cut down on the forced tutorials, which they are technically doing by not imposing those battles on you... but at the same time, the fact that you can skip them entirely and are already forced to have an advantage against the Gym Leader makes the game even easier, which plays into another thing that people have been complaining about.

Not if you don't spend enough time by level grinding your team. There is a good possibility that some people could just speed through the woods - which shouldn't be much of an issue, as most wild Pokémon are now visible and "dodgeable" - and could end up at the Gym with an underleveled team. By “forcing” the Trainer, they could make sure to rise the odds of winning, especially for new gamers who don’t know much about matchups as much as we veteran Trainers do.

Red and Blue should still exist according to the leak that has been right about everything else. Their roles are actually the one thing I'm curious about. Did they start their journeys earlier? Is one of them the Champion? Will they do anything against Team Rocket?

MimoDX2 said:
Since there are no Wild Battles, they changed/discarded the original wild theme,
That's inexcusable and a sufficient reason not to buy the game. The remix of the trainer battle theme sounds decent, though.

Not if you don't spend enough time by level grinding your team. There is a good possibility that some people could just speed through the woods - which shouldn't be much of an issue, as most wild Pokémon are now visible and "dodgeable" - and could end up at the Gym with an underleveled team. By “forcing” the Trainer, they could make sure to rise the odds of winning, especially for new gamers who don’t know much about matchups as much as we veteran Trainers do.

That’s really just a consequence of playing unconventionally altogether. They’re not going to micromanage the player every step of the way, so if the player chooses to take a speedrun approach to the whole game, that’s their decision. And even if somebody has ignored the bulk of the EXP opportunities given to them up to that point and walks in significantly underleveled, then sure, the two Gym Trainers are going to raise their chances against Brock somewhat, but that won’t catch their levels up that much.

Is one of them the Champion? Will they do anything against Team Rocket?

What does your heart tell you?

What does your heart tell you?
That it's too hard to imagine Trace being the Champion, so...

Incidentally, Trace's design is weird:

Trace.png

Why does he have a pronounced chest?

Oh, I dunno. I could picture it:

[upon entering the Champion room] “Hey, Chase! Can you believe it?! I took on the Elite Four and became the Pokémon League Champion! And do you want to know why? Because it’s my dream for us to go all-out in a battle on the biggest stage! That’s right. I came all this way and gave everything I had so that we could share this amazing experience as friends! Whether I win or lose now isn’t what matters - as long as we both give it our best!

Now, I’m off to go throw up this fistful of sugar I swallowed...

Incidentally, Trace's design is weird:

View attachment 110874

Why does he have a pronounced chest?

Look at this pic and compare him too Blue's clothes and hairstyle.

Trace is either Blue's son, or Trace is a placeholder name for Blue (You can name him yourself just like in the originals).

This reminded me something, actually: the portable PC Box. I mean, unless there is some mechanism that blocks it in the Gym, nothing would stop you from swapping the Grass/Water Pokémon out of the team before facing Brock, would it?

I suppose that's possible too, though I feel it would be the same even if the PC wasn't portable. Since, again, it seems that the guy just wants to see a grass/water-type then bam, you can go in the gym. Nothing to me suggests that it needs to be in the party after that conversation, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

So help me if the canon names are Trace and Chase. What’s the girl then? Grace? Lol they already used that name.

Pretty sure Chase is just for the demo, like Xavier and Elios have been used. But I’m still not sure about Trace given the name stuff....

Trace is either Blue's son, or Trace is a placeholder name for Blue (You can name him yourself just like in the originals).
He can't be his son because Brock doesn't look a day older, and the games have been compared to remakes. He can't be Blue himself because personality trumps all (also, you're comparing his clothes to Blue's in his 20s). There's a reason why even Lusamine had her main characteristics in tact for USUM.

Trace may be Blue's younger brother, though.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom