• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

But then wouldn’t the Pokemon's summary screen display the presence/absence of a held item?
I don't know but so far with lack of abilties, lack of items (maybe even the lack of types introduced since gen 1) this game is looking too Much like a spin off, but one way to know for sure is if they use it for vgc next year or not.

maybe even the lack of types introduced since gen 1

Fortunately Fairy, Steel and Dark types exist in this game. Pokemon Go has moves of these types and Clefairy is fairy type in Pokemon GO. Dark and Steel types will not be removed so that Alolan Ratatta, Meowth and Sandshrew lines can be transferred to these games from GO.

The more that I watch the footage from E3's Treehouse and direct feeds, the more that I question Game Freak's decision to completely leave wild battles out of LGPE. With the graphical power of the Switch, I would love every opportunity to see the Pokemon world live and breathe (Pokemon in the overworld is a good start)... so why not offer to players young and old the versatility of GO/Safari Zone style capture mechanics PLUS traditional wild battles? The former could be the default, but how about a toggle option on-screen when the player decides that **** has just got real and they want to incapacitate that wild Pidgeotto with Pikachu's electricity?

Now THAT would be a Pokemon Yellow remake done right, IMO.

And don't get me started on the more cheerful rendition of the 'Wild Battle' theme...

5 pros of LGPE so far that i want them permanently add to the core series:

*Pokemon following you is a choice
*You can ride big pokemon
*Wild pokemon appears on the overworld(add this along with random grass wild would be better)
*You can change your team anywhere i.e. from your bag rathet than the pc
*You can rename any pokemon anytime rather than finding some name rater

Hopefully they add that any pokemon moves have a field effects but that would be too much

The more that I watch the footage from E3's Treehouse and direct feeds, the more that I question Game Freak's decision to completely leave wild battles out of LGPE. With the graphical power of the Switch, I would love every opportunity to see the Pokemon world live and breathe (Pokemon in the overworld is a good start)... so why not offer to players young and old the versatility of GO/Safari Zone style capture mechanics PLUS traditional wild battles? The former could be the default, but how about a toggle option on-screen when the player decides that **** has just got real and they want to incapacitate that wild Pidgeotto with Pikachu's electricity?

Now THAT would be a Pokemon Yellow remake done right, IMO.

And don't get me started on the more cheerful rendition of the 'Wild Battle' theme...
I would kind of argue, you can see with just a regular trainer battle. That's kind of what all wild battles are anyway, trainerless battles.

I hope the green/red/yellow circles are optimised for the main series- capturing a Squirtle shouldn’t be hell with a standard Pokeball.
It's also a matter of luck sometimes with pokemon. I speak from experience as there are some regular pokemon that utterly refuse to go in any pokeball till they off themselves.

5 pros of LGPE so far that i want them permanently add to the core series:

*Pokemon following you is a choice
*You can ride big pokemon
*Wild pokemon appears on the overworld(add this along with random grass wild would be better)
*You can change your team anywhere i.e. from your bag rathet than the pc
*You can rename any pokemon anytime rather than finding some name rater

Hopefully they add that any pokemon moves have a field effects but that would be too much

I don't think we get Pokemon Following You, not even as a choice or Ride Big Pokemon in the core series, since for that we have too much Pokemon.

I also hope we don't get Wild Pokemon in the overworld, since that would make nuzlocking basically impossible.

I don't think we get Pokemon Following You, not even as a choice or Ride Big Pokemon in the core series, since for that we have too much Pokemon.

I also hope we don't get Wild Pokemon in the overworld, since that would make nuzlocking basically impossible.
Well i they do have every pokemon running model since sun and moon so i dont see a problem with them implementing pokemon following you or big pokemon being a ride in a main series game

Also i think that the possibility of overworld wild encounters in the main series could be high but i could see them going back to the traditional wild encounter

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom