• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Now I want to see a combination of Pikachu and Chuck E. Cheese for the arcade's mascot...
That would actually be a really cute reference! Since there is also an Eevee version though, maybe there could be a rival arcade place with an Eevee mascot. Or perhaps the mascot of the arcade version of the Game Corner can be related to the box mascot.

I want Brock to have an Alolan Geodude now, just to throw the Water/Grass requirement for a loop a little bit
...I can actually see Game Freak pulling a stunt like that. Brock Gym having movesets that are super effective against Water and Grass types after having to show them to the gym guide sounds like a great way to introduce new players to the concept of type advantages. It keeps veterans on their toes since the Gym trainers and Gym Leaders in past games didn't really have their Pokémon do stuff like that, but it also isn't too difficult for the audience this game is targeting. Teaching your audience that there are Pokémon that can counter their own weaknesses is actually a thing I'd love to see in the games going forward! (y)

They should have made the Game Corner have Pokémon pinball machines or the Pokémon tcg in ORAS but they didn't so I can see them going a simple route again.

For example you have to buy (or use a voucher to get in) when to use the A button to interact with game system all you get is a text prompt saying the game is fun no prizes just the team rocket hideout no reason to come back.

But you have to bring it in the gym anyways, and it's super effective, why not use it?

I mean, of course you can, but it's not mandatory. Pikachu has Double Kick likely for this purpose to make him able to handle the fight should you not want to use it~ So it wouldn't make that much of a difference if Brock had an Alolan Geodude or not based solely on you bringing a Water-type in the Gym to counter it unless you did plan on using it~

They would've give it an Electric move even if they did. Geodude and Onix don't have Rock or Ground moves. It'd just have Tackle and that's it

Onix will have Rock Tomb at the very least, and I hope they let Geodude have Rollout, just to make it more challenging for anyone not using a 4x SE move.

The requirement is only to see the Pokemon, you don't have to physically use it, so it really wouldn't make all that much of a difference~

While this is true, the casuals/first time players likely aren't aware of type match-ups in the first place, meaning they are gonna use Grass/Water, since its told too them that they are SE against Rock.

Do we know if all of the Pokemon will have their anime voices or if its just Pikachu and Eevee?

I think so far only Pikachu and Eevee have updated anime cries.

But speaking of anime, I’ve been wondering about something: will we meet the Team Rocker trio in Let’s Go, or they will be scrapped/replaced by expies?

If they remove shinies, I'll actually praise them for this game

But speaking of anime, I’ve been wondering about something: will we meet the Team Rocker trio in Let’s Go, or they will be scrapped/replaced by expies?
They might do like what they did in Yellow and have them appear but while still using the generic Grunt sprites. I hope they get unique models if they do appear, though.

There's no way that's happening. Shinies have been featured in practically everything related to Pokemon, even the anime and TCG. Plus, with all the shiny promos in GO, it wouldn't make much sense to remove them for a GO-based game. (Besides, if you don't like shinies, they don't really affect your gameplay that much. They're only an alternate color scheme, and if you're not looking for them, you're not likely to find them)

They might do like what they did in Yellow and have them appear but while still using the generic Grunt sprites. I hope they get unique models if they do appear, though
They got unique sprites (overworld and in-battle) as well as a nice encounter theme.

latest

I dont see the problem with shinies, not everyone even finds them, but its a cool and nice thing for people that are into it. Nobody even has to shiny hunt, its a thing about the game that can be ignored and shinies are not required to be caught.

Shiny Pokemon have been included since Gen 2 and there's no reason to remove them as they dont affect regular gameplay much.

Last edited:
I'm a shiny hunter, so I'm definitely looking forward to continuing that in LGPE. They aren't removing shinies Pokemon.

Shinies weren't in gen 1, this is a gen 1 remaster but with worse stuff

as for why I'd remove them, people over rated them too much and obsess over them too much and you get people saying that shiny hunting counts as post game when people say that the recent games have no post game

Shinies weren't in gen 1, this is a gen 1 remaster but with worse stuff

There is a little hole in this theory: FR/LG are remastered versions of Gen 1 as well, and yet they have shinies. So, it makes sense that there will be shinies here as well, especially considering that GO has them, too.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom