• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Gender locking is not a thing. They won't ever show two games with two player characters of opposite genders and then only allow you to be one or the other based on the game picked.

I don't think that they are making the genders of the player characters version exclusive. That is just a very moronic thing to do.

Neither the games nor the starters will be Gender Locked. That makes no sense. They're likely using demo versions of the game for their footage, so we will always see male Pikachu with a male trainer and a female with Eevee because they're just using the same game files for everything. I wouldn't worry about that.

It'll probably still be a lot of resetting for a female Eevee, though.

Hello, new here, so sorry is anyone gets annoyed or hates this post or anything.

I'm not too sure is anyone here watches them, but GameXplain made 2 E3 related videos with details on Pokemon Let's GO, and provided some info which I'm not sure if anyone here was aware, but I'll post the details just in case:
-In the E3 demo, according to Derek, they were only allowed to play Let's GO using the PokeBall GO Plus Accessory. According to him, it seems as if either the accessory was programmed to do so, or the demo prohibited accessing the menu. Either way, he also mentioned someone else who was trying to access the menu was told not to, making me wonder why hide the Pokemon menu?
-In another video, Derek and 2 colleagues from Europe chatted about the Lets GO games, namely the European chaps of his informed Derek that they had more liberal access to the game, as well as the menus, but were told/requested not to reveal any details. However they did mention that apart from one detail, it seemed to be the "same old Pokemon games".
With the second one, I could be over blowing a guess, but maybe there won't be any changes at all, and Pokemon will have abilities and hold items again?
Anyways, sorry again for the post if anyone else already posted it here. And sorry if anyone hates this post. Anyways cheers!

Hello, new here, so sorry is anyone gets annoyed or hates this post or anything.

I'm not too sure is anyone here watches them, but GameXplain made 2 E3 related videos with details on Pokemon Let's GO, and provided some info which I'm not sure if anyone here was aware, but I'll post the details just in case:
-In the E3 demo, according to Derek, they were only allowed to play Let's GO using the PokeBall GO Plus Accessory. According to him, it seems as if either the accessory was programmed to do so, or the demo prohibited accessing the menu. Either way, he also mentioned someone else who was trying to access the menu was told not to, making me wonder why hide the Pokemon menu?
-In another video, Derek and 2 colleagues from Europe chatted about the Lets GO games, namely the European chaps of his informed Derek that they had more liberal access to the game, as well as the menus, but were told/requested not to reveal any details. However they did mention that apart from one detail, it seemed to be the "same old Pokemon games".
With the second one, I could be over blowing a guess, but maybe there won't be any changes at all, and Pokemon will have abilities and hold items again?
Anyways, sorry again for the post if anyone else already posted it here. And sorry if anyone hates this post. Anyways cheers!
Maybe there are still some surprises to show us. I hope so. Maybe there well be something extraordinarily new in these games that we've never seen before.

Plus the final gen 7 Pokemon. Idc what others say, these games are a part of gen 7, and the new Pokemon is a gen 7 Pokemon. It irks me, because I wanted the 8th Gen to begin with 808, but oh well.

Maybe there are still some surprises to show us. I hope so. Maybe there well be something extraordinarily new in these games that we've never seen before.

Plus the final gen 7 Pokemon. Idc what others say, these games are a part of gen 7, and the new Pokemon is a gen 7 Pokemon. It irks me, because I wanted the 8th Gen to begin with 808, but oh well.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Also as a unique nod, people argue what its dex number maybe, but it could be Dex No. 0 in the Kanto dex like Victini. Hell it would be funny if they made a lore stating it was the first Pokemon discovered in ancient Kanto.

Also, just b/c I don't hear this often, what moves does anyone want to see back in Let's GO? I mean if they are of Gen 7, they probably will use its TM set, but personally I find Gen 7's TM selection poor, with removals of actually decent moves like Hone Claws, Power-Up Punch, and Dig in favor of some not so good moves imo. But I would say if anything, please make Liquidation a TM, its seen a lot of positive use, and many love that move, and Gen 1 Pokemon like Kingler would be awesome with that and the return of Hone Claws as a TM.
Then again with Pikachu, I would also like to see Iron Tail return as well if they want to keep similarities to the anime.

The new Pokemon could certainly be number 0 in LGPE and number 808 in the Bank-only National Pokedex. That would be a bit more elegant than making it number 152, but we're splitting hairs over a number. They might not give it a Pokedex entry at all.

They should bring back Body Slam, Double-edge, Counter and Tri Attack. TMs from other regions might be a bit random.

Last edited:
The new Pokemon could certainly be number 0 in LGPE and number 808 in the Bank-only National Pokedex. That would be a bit more elegant than making it number 152, but we're splitting hairs over a number. They might not give it a Pokedex entry at all.

They should bring back Body Slam, Double-edge, Counter and Tri Attack. TMs from other regions might be a bit random.
It's a Pokemon, so it'll most definitely have a Pokedex entry, regardless of what game it arrives in.

That is not a hard rule. If the Pokemon is treated as undiscovered, then the Pokedex should reflect that.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were the reward for completing the Pokedex.

That is not a hard rule. If the Pokemon is treated as undiscovered, then the Pokedex should reflect that.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were the reward for completing the Pokedex.
Uhm. No disrespect, but. Yes it is? All Pokemon have a Pokedex entry, so why would this Pokemon be excluded? That's just a dumb idea, TBH.

Uhm. No disrespect, but. Yes it is? All Pokemon have a Pokedex entry, so why would this Pokemon be excluded? That's just a dumb idea, TBH.

It’s not a hard rule in the sense that they absolutely must do it and could never change it even if they wanted to. Hypothetically, not giving the special Pokémon a Dex entry in LGPE would be very easy to do if they wanted to treat it as mysterious for a while longer.

In Gen 4, you could have similarly said that the Pokédex would always begin with the Starters, only for Victini to come around and destroy that notion for seemingly no particular reason other than “Game Freak felt like mixing things up.”

It was just a thought, but the universe wouldn't collapse into itself if it happened. The reason I proposed it is how the Spaceworld demo handled new species. Also, the Alola games lack Pokedex entries for Pokemon outside of the Alola Pokedex that are available via Island Scan and Ultra Space. If those Pokemon weren't old, they'd lack Pokedex data.

Give it an entry if its lore involves Kanto. Otherwise, treat it as an advertisement for the next generation.

Last edited:
The only issue I found for it not being number 0 or whatever is that you can, probably, transfer that Pokémon to Pokémon GO.
Are we sure they're gonna skip 386 to 808 on Pokémon GO's Pokédex.

The only issue I found for it not being number 0 or whatever is that you can, probably, transfer that Pokémon to Pokémon GO.
Are we sure they're gonna skip 386 to 808 on Pokémon GO's Pokédex.
It's already been confirmed to be 808 through Pokemon Quest datamining.

Or maybe they are planning to have all the Pokemon to Gen 7 by the time its revealed? But judging by how Niantic is going, I would find it quite hard to believe that as a possibility.
Also, was there any word on what was shown in that Toy Fair thing. I heard somewhere that the game was having a special demo shown today. Or am I mixing time zones and it didn't happen yet?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom