• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

By the way:

> Question: At the end of the video introducing Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!, there was some text that says you'll meet a special Pokémon, and I'm just wondering if that means something different than the Alolan Exeggutor you just talked about?

> Mr. Ishihara: You were really paying attention to the details! I can say that the video is referring to an all-new Pokémon that will be appearing in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

I think that clears things up a bit.

Im just glad they cleared up that the real game is coming in 2019.

Another thing worth noting from that article is this exchange:

> Question: Nintendo has recently announced that the company will begin its online gaming service this September. Will Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! use this service?

> Mr. Ishihara: We don't have any plans to use this online service right now.

I assume they’re referring specifically to Nintendo Switch Online - the paid service - rather than online capabilities in general.

I cant wait to find out which pokemon are big enough to ride though. Swimming on gyarados, flying on dragonite would be cool.

I am wondering, are these games sequels or are they a straight remake of Pokemon Yellow? Like are Red and Blue going to appear in the game as mentors? Possibly as a sequel so we can see how Kanto has been the last 20 years?

I am wondering, are these games sequels or are they a straight remake of Pokemon Yellow? Like are Red and Blue going to appear in the game as mentors? Possibly as a sequel so we can see how Kanto has been the last 20 years?
Well that was just the first trailer, we‘ll see for sure about rivals etc. with next ones, there will be more things to the games. I mean of course they won‘t reveal everything in the first trailers, how should they otherwise hype the games till release. E3 is coming soon, so we‘ll see, i think there will be a new story.

We don’t really know yet. The person who leaked information about the games on April 1st said that Red and Blue would have a role in the games, and they have been right about everything else so far (really it’s just that claim and the online hub that need verified). But even if it isn’t a straight remake, it still seems to be incredibly faithful to the originals, to the point that Team Rocket still invade Silph Co.

Based on what we have seen, I wouldn’t expect there to be a lot of drastic changes to anything other than the gameplay.

If it is a sequel (which I doubt), I feel like it can't be thaaaaat far into the future since Oak doesn't look that much older at all :/

That page has no mention of any online capabilities. Did the media trip over themselves?

Will you be able to trade and battle with other players in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! via local wireless connection?

Mr. Masuda: These games will definitely have the wireless trading and battle features that have existed in Pokémon games up to now. You will, of course, need two Nintendo Switch consoles to do that kind of gameplay.

It's possible that Masuda meant "online too", but the page certainly doesn't make that clear.

We don’t really know yet. The person who leaked information about the games on April 1st said that Red and Blue would have a role in the games, and they have been right about everything else so far (really it’s just that claim and the online hub that need verified). But even if it isn’t a straight remake, it still seems to be incredibly faithful to the originals, to the point that Team Rocket still invade Silph Co.

Based on what we have seen, I wouldn’t expect there to be a lot of drastic changes to anything other than the gameplay.
Actually we do. Masuda clearly said during the q&a that tthe map of kanto will be be the same as it was before but different in graphics.

"Your first avventure in a different style". This is what the games are: same region, same plot, different mechanics, different graphics.

Last edited:
I have to say, and I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really don't mind wild encounter battles being gone. Honestly, that just saves me the time of having to whittle down the opponents health before trying to catch them. :D Plus being able to actually see what I'm looking for in the overworld as opposed to having to run in wild grass and look for a Pokemon will be soooooo helpful for team building. :)

Actually we do. Masuda clearly said during the q&a that tthe map of kanto will be be the same as it was before but different in graphics.

"Your first avventure in a different style". This is what the games are: same region, same plot, different mechanics, different graphics.

Right, except there’s the tweet from Eurogamer saying that the games are merely “inspired” by Yellow and aren’t just remakes, as well as the April 1st leaker saying that Red and Blue play a role in the story while you and your rival are new Trainers, which would obviously make it something different from a 100% remake.

So there is some room for doubt. Let’s wait and see.

Piuk and Eve.

Based Piuk strikes again

it seems to be a reinterpretation of Pokemon Yellow. How faithful they'll stay to that remains to be seen, but it's certainly taking cues from the game. Might be they also tie it in with the Pokemon reboot movies possibly? Considering Yellow was based on the anime at the time...

For all yalls getting the game, do you have an idea which version you'll get yet?

For me, I'm not completely sure yet, but as much as I want an Eevee as my starter, since it can't evolve into anything, I might go Pikachu. I actually like how PIkachu looks more on the players shoulder than Eevee looks on the players head. This will make me able to use Vaporeon too (it would feel weird catching another Eevee just so I could evolve it).

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom