• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

For all yalls getting the game, do you have an idea which version you'll get yet?

For me, I'm not completely sure yet, but as much as I want an Eevee as my starter, since it can't evolve into anything, I might go Pikachu. I actually like how PIkachu looks more on the players shoulder than Eevee looks on the players head. This will make me able to use Vaporeon too (it would feel weird catching another Eevee just so I could evolve it).
I'm sticking with Eevee. I like the little floof

What would be nice is if they kept the Z-Crystals from the Sun and Moon games. If you have an Evee then it's pretty much "Press A to Win."

For all yalls getting the game, do you have an idea which version you'll get yet?

For me, I'm not completely sure yet, but as much as I want an Eevee as my starter, since it can't evolve into anything, I might go Pikachu. I actually like how PIkachu looks more on the players shoulder than Eevee looks on the players head. This will make me able to use Vaporeon too (it would feel weird catching another Eevee just so I could evolve it).

Both, but I'll probably play Eevee first :)

I personally don't know which one I'll go for. I might go with Pikachu so that I can get Eevee and evolve it into Vaporeon. That is assuming of course they are only available in the opposite game that they are the starter in...
I wonder if there will be version exclusives.

It’ll depend on the exclusives, but at the moment I’m leaning more toward Eevee. Not that I myself plan on using the Starter.

It’s a bit weird - ever since B2W2, my partner and I have split the difference and each picked a version. But there’s not really any need to do that here, since you can have multiple save files. The completionist in me hates having to limit myself to just one, but it’s really hard to justify getting both this time, especially since there probably aren’t going to be very many differences between the two, and since the Poké Ball Plus costs almost as much as the games themselves.

I wonder if there will be version exclusives.

The official site confirmed that there will be.

Anyone have a link to the 4chan leak that first revealed only the first 151 pokemon were to be in the game? I feel he revealed more information in that thread that may be helpful.

Anyone have a link to the 4chan leak that first revealed only the first 151 pokemon were to be in the game? I feel he revealed more information in that thread that may be helpful.

Not allowed to link to 4chan on this site, but they didn’t reveal much in that thread. Just that it was 151 only, catching works like GO but battling is the same as usual, there is no Johto nor Sevii Islands, Pokémon with cross-gen evolutions can’t evolve into them (so no Crobat, Blissey, etc. or babies like Pichu), and that you play as a new Trainer.

Not allowed to link to 4chan on this site, but they didn’t reveal much in that thread. Just that it was 151 only, catching works like GO but battling is the same as usual, there is no Johto nor Sevii Islands, Pokémon with cross-gen evolutions can’t evolve into them (so no Crobat, Blissey, etc. or babies like Pichu), and that you play as a new Trainer.

Ok, I just found the link and its weird because he says we play as new trainers but that the games are not sequels and yet Red and Blue also appear in the games as well. So perhaps we do play as new characters and it indeed after the events of Red and Blue but it wont be touched down as much?

Zeb pointed out that the trailer uses the term "Special Pokemon" (capitalized) for the new Pokemon. This term has so far been reserved for version mascots, Mewtwo and Zygarde. Can we expect a Pokemon that mirrors Mewtwo in power?

Ok, I just found the link and its weird because he says we play as new trainers but that the games are not sequels and yet Red and Blue also appear in the games as well. So perhaps we do play as new characters and it indeed after the events of Red and Blue but it wont be touched down as much?
Just assume that this particular tidbit is false or that Red and Blue will be given roles they didn't have originally. The games are a reimagining (a very vague term for some spin on remakes) rather than sequels.

You know, after looking at the trailer, I am actually glad that the wild battles appear to mostly be gone. That means I won't have to worry about healing them after catching them. I'm sure they will be back in Gen 8 though, I wish that the capture mechanics of this game are carried over.

I'm still going with Eevee version, with plans to have STAB Return destroy everything, just like my Furfrou did in XY. Eevee really needs a special hold item like Pikachu's Light Ball, though. I hope that at the very least, they boost it's movepool and TM learn list. Pikachu is kind of in that camp, too, but it at least has Light Ball to overcome some of the strength issue.

My plan is to have Eevee, Wigglytuff, Clefable, A-Exeggutor, Omastar, and Gengar as my team, but they will run circles around Eevee after a certain point.

Also, I hope GF remembers the unholy issue of Pikachu vs. the very first gym of the game: Rock/Ground. Eevee doesn't fair much better. Movepool retooling is a MUST.

Not gonna lie I'm pretty excited for the LG games. I think they're a very smart move on GF's part and it'll hold us over with something interesting and different until the real Gen 8 games come. I look forward to seeing the new drawings of the Kanto characters and what other Pokemon you can ride on. Also I gotta say it really does look like a pretty game. It may not be what people wanted, but it's certainly not a bad game. For those that don't care then they can treat this year like a skip year and wait for the game we know is coming next year. However for those that do this will be a fun experimental game to play around with.

I'm still going with Eevee version, with plans to have STAB Return destroy everything, just like my Furfrou did in XY. Eevee really needs a special hold item like Pikachu's Light Ball, though. I hope that at the very least, they boost it's movepool and TM learn list. Pikachu is kind of in that camp, too, but it at least has Light Ball to overcome some of the strength issue.

My plan is to have Eevee, Wigglytuff, Clefable, A-Exeggutor, Omastar, and Gengar as my team, but they will run circles around Eevee after a certain point.

Also, I hope GF remembers the unholy issue of Pikachu vs. the very first gym of the game: Rock/Ground. Eevee doesn't fair much better. Movepool retooling is a MUST.
Well what about eveolite? Makes him durable

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom