• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Also a new trailer for Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Gyarados. Seems by the attack of Mega Kangaskhan, it does confirm that abilities are indeed gone, which is a shame. But as a positive note, I will say, I really do like these HD models. Much better than that on the 3DS frankly speaking.

Pinsir doesn't have any Flying moves, does it? Unless it gets Aerial Ace this game (wow we need better Flying moves), it's kind of screwed.

I wonder one thing, assuming there is a game Coner in these games, or some form of it, do you think they may make it's prize area serve as a place to teach Move Tutor move to your Pokemon? Just food for thought.

Also a new trailer for Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Gyarados. Seems by the attack of Mega Kangaskhan, it does confirm that abilities are indeed gone, which is a shame. But as a positive note, I will say, I really do like these HD models. Much better than that on the 3DS frankly speaking.

Pinsir doesn't have any Flying moves, does it? Unless it gets Aerial Ace this game (wow we need better Flying moves), it's kind of screwed.

Yeah. I looked up Pinsir's SM movepool and it does not learn any Flying-type attacks.

All of this is probably evidence that my speculation on Mega Evolution being a last-minute addition to win over detractors is not that far off (especially if Game Freak doesn’t modify Pinsir’s moveset to accommodate the lack of abilities in regards to its Mega Evolution).

All of this is probably evidence that my speculation on Mega Evolution being a last-minute addition to win over detractors is not that far off (especially if Game Freak doesn’t modify Pinsir’s moveset to accommodate the lack of abilities in regards to its Mega Evolution).
Won't that be a hard thing to just add on at the last minute.

Depends on what's meant by last-minute. The designs are already made, so it's not like there's that much work, but I think it would be hard to add it in with a game that's enough it already has trailers out.
By last minute, I meant that it was one of the last things added in development, possibly after the very first trailer and the first interviews at the latest.

Do we know if Natures will be a thing? I also wonder what will happen to Egg Moves.

Natures seem to be in, as E3 footage had a Lonely I think? Pikachu on screen.
Not sure about Egg Moves, but I remember seeing Charizard knowing Dragon Pulse (a Tutor or Egg Move) in this Japanese trailer.

Who knows if they changed some movesets, made Dragon Pulse a TM again or they're Move Tutors in these games.

Natures seem to be in, as E3 footage had a Lonely I think? Pikachu on screen.
Not sure about Egg Moves, but I remember seeing Charizard knowing Dragon Pulse (a Tutor or Egg Move) in this Japanese trailer.

Who knows if they changed some movesets, made Dragon Pulse a TM again or they're Move Tutors in these games.

It would be strange to have Natures but no Abilities. Heck, it's strange to have Natures on a game for non-hardcore fans.

It would be strange to have Natures but no Abilities. Heck, it's strange to have Natures on a game for non-hardcore fans.
They’re probably in for immersion purposes.
Little Tim and Joey would like to compare their Jolly and Serious Pikachu on their LGPE games and be happy that they indeed have personalities.

Seems like the hype for this has went out the window. I still wonder who this game is exactly for. The people that only play GO and are apparently willing to buy a console and game, or the life long players that are seeing diminishing returns in the franchise. I don't get what GFs plan is.

I mean, it looks nice, but also completely lacking in features to the point that the community are talking waaay more about stuff not in the game.

Right now, we're sitting on;

Only gen 1 pokemon, that means we are missing around 82% of Pokemon.
No abilities, leaving lots of pokemon to be way too similar to one another, i.e. Bulbasaur, Oddish and Bellsprout only have their moveset and stats to differentiate.
Hand holding is back, in pog form.
Meaningless customization of Pokemon that doesn't enhance the game in anyway other than superficial.
Mega Evolutions tacked on.. for no reason. Without their often unique abilities, why would anyone run the bulk of them when they are just minor upgrades? It'll boil down to about 3 of them making up the majority of teams - Charizard, Mewtwo and Alakazam would by my guess.

Man, I just don't see the point in this game. I think they should be focusing on making the next proper game more polished, rather than this side step.

Seems like the hype for this has went out the window. I still wonder who this game is exactly for. The people that only play GO and are apparently willing to buy a console and game, or the life long players that are seeing diminishing returns in the franchise. I don't get what GFs plan is.

I mean, it looks nice, but also completely lacking in features to the point that the community are talking waaay more about stuff not in the game.

Right now, we're sitting on;

Only gen 1 pokemon, that means we are missing around 82% of Pokemon.
No abilities, leaving lots of pokemon to be way too similar to one another, i.e. Bulbasaur, Oddish and Bellsprout only have their moveset and stats to differentiate.
Hand holding is back, in pog form.
Meaningless customization of Pokemon that doesn't enhance the game in anyway other than superficial.
Mega Evolutions tacked on.. for no reason. Without their often unique abilities, why would anyone run the bulk of them when they are just minor upgrades? It'll boil down to about 3 of them making up the majority of teams - Charizard, Mewtwo and Alakazam would by my guess.

Man, I just don't see the point in this game. I think they should be focusing on making the next proper game more polished, rather than this side step.
They're goal is to introduce dedicated GO players to the main series.

They're goal is to introduce dedicated GO players to the main series.
But why? Is there really gonna be that many people jumping from a free mobile game to a very expensive console and game combo with none of the mobility of the mobile game?

The main thing about GO was getting out and about catching shit in your town. This game isn’t that, but it’s also not a mainline game. It’s a weird hybrid that no one wanted. No one was calling for a GO-like console game.

They will make a lot more money by releasing these games than by polishing the next ones. This isn't complicated.

Also, BMGf and similar forums are essentially just for dedicated fans. The target audience are kids whose parents played the original games and more recently Go, so those parents should be more inclined to buy their kids a Switch and play the game with them via co-op. The idea behind Go integration is for parents to share their Pokemon.

LGPE make up for the fact that most young kids don't get to have their own smartphones and wander the streets or woods.

dig said:
That's a very competitive mindset. Every Mega Evolution is more powerful than the base form, and without held items there is no drawback. If someone insists on being competitive in a game that isn't meant to be one, then they will pick the strongest Mega Evolution to use. Most people will stick to their favorites.

It’s a weird hybrid that no one wanted. No one was calling for a GO-like console game.

This logic can be applied to pretty much every single Pokémon spin-off game.

No one was calling for a crossover between Pokémon and Mystery Dungeon, and yet we got a series of that which also proved to be very successful.

No one asked for a Nobunaga’s Ambition crossover either. I mean, who was the target? Pokémon fans? Nobunaga fans? Teen and beyond audience? Despite this, it has its fanbase.

No one would have even thought about the concept of Shadow Pokémon until Pokémon Colosseum and XD surfaced. What was their target audience? Double Battle fans, older audience, or something else?

Similarly, to whom is the Pokémon Rumble series aimed to? Little kids who may like Pokémon in toy form, perhaps? Or is it just an attempt of trying some kind of real time battling, as a precursor of Pokkén?

Just like with every single spin-off/crossover thing, Let’s Go is aiming to try something different from the mainstream series, and it does so by returning back to the roots, at the times when stuff like Abilities and, maybe, items weren’t a thing yet.

Perhaps you may not see the appeal, and that’s fine. However, there are some people who are still interested in seeing what these games have to offer for what they have, not for what they “lack”. Otherwise, we may as well tear apart and not give a chance to any crossover or spin-off ever, because they all “lack” stuff from the mainstream series.

There are plenty of people out there who don't even know what the missing features are, nor do they care. People who only played the first generation and kids who didn't get a 3DS come to mind.

The games offer HD graphics (if simplistic ones), Go catching, Go transfers, co-op, following/riding Pokemon and starter customization. Oh, and they're remakes of a popular game (which is itself very similar to even more popular games). I don't care for the new features too much, but pretending that no one else does is naive.

There were much better ways to go about a "game for everyone," but LGPE aren't going to bomb. And they might surprise us if the aggressive marketing is being saved for the last month or two.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom