• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I assume we'll be getting a trailer today. This isn't supposed to be a Pokenchi exclusive.

Edit: Welp, nevermind. I am not expecting notable news.

Last edited:
I assume we'll be getting a trailer today. This isn't supposed to be a Pokenchi exclusive.

Edit: Welp, nevermind. I am not expecting notable news.

They can always show a trailer alongside the news for international audiences (if they are notable), like they did with Zeraora or USUM plot-related trailer a while ago.

They can always show a trailer alongside the news for international audiences (if they are notable), like they did with Zeraora or USUM plot-related trailer a while ago.
The difference is that they aren't promising a world premiere this time. It makes me doubt that they'll show anything new at all, especially as the preview is tame.

It doesn't matter too much as we should be getting news by the 13th, anyway.

I wouldn't really trust pokenchi itself in terms of giving news. They don't really talk about new stuff much, despite being a pokemon talk show, but whatever.

From Serebii:

It has been confirmed that the upcoming games Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! will not have compatibility with the Save Data Cloud backup feature that's accessible to Nintendo Switch users that are a part of the Nintendo Switch Online subscription which goes live later this month. We'll provide further details of this game as and when they come so be sure to keep checking back

Why am I not surprised? Figures Game Freak would opt out of it.

The difference is that they aren't promising a world premiere this time. It makes me doubt that they'll show anything new at all, especially as the preview is tame.

It doesn't matter too much as we should be getting news by the 13th, anyway.

While I do agree that it is likely nothing, keep in mind the original announcement wasn't "world premiere" either because it was probably counting the Direct as the "world premiere" itself.
We will see, anyway :_)

While I do agree that it is likely nothing, keep in mind the original announcement wasn't "world premiere" either because it was probably counting the Direct as the "world premiere" itself.
We will see, anyway :_)
That's true, but I don't think they would have moved the reveal to a Japanese show that wasn't intended for it initially. We'll see.

Edit: Now they're promising an exclusive trailer for the 16th, lol.

Last edited:
I don't think they were going to show that trailer earlier.

Edit: So I was right about that steelbook promoting new move(s) for Eevee, but 8 of them? I can't say that it would be nice if Flareon got Flare Burn... seeing as it's special.

Pikachu's surfboard is cool; I'm sure that Eevee doesn't get that perk. Also, we can rule out those two Direct "leaks" because Masuda's footage couldn't have been altered that much.

Last edited:
Sooooo....to sum up the video: players are not riding their Pokemon when surfing, but rather doing it with a Pikachu and a surfboard? What about Eevee? Did the video explain what's going on with the HMs? I didn't quite get that part...

Near as I can tell all HM moves are replaced by something Eevee or Pikachu can do. So they don't need the move but apparently can cut down trees surf and probably push boulders and smash rocks. That's one strong Pikachu and Eevee.

Near as I can tell all HM moves are replaced by something Eevee or Pikachu can do. So they don't need the move but apparently can cut down trees surf and probably push boulders and smash rocks. That's one strong Pikachu and Eevee.
Interesting. However, I do recall that picture of the person on the lapras. Does this mean we are not riding our Pokemon on water?

Interesting. However, I do recall that picture of the person on the lapras. Does this mean we are not riding our Pokemon on water?

My theory is that it's an either-or situation. So if we have a water type Pokemon we ride that but if not Pikachu or Eevee take care of it.

But I have nothing to back that up.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom