• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Wait if it's called water walk this could finally explain how Pokemon can battle on water when their not a water type. Maybe their like Naruto characters and can control their energy so they can walk on water.

Wait if it's called water walk this could finally explain how Pokemon can battle on water when their not a water type. Maybe their like Naruto characters and can control their energy so they can walk on water.

The water walk is exclusive to Pikachu and Eevee, isn’t it? So the explanation would only work for them.

Really making Eevee and Pikachu hard to box huh? Having them essentially opens your team possibilities more than before. I mean not as much as ride pokemon did, but you know.

The water walk is exclusive to Pikachu and Eevee, isn’t it? So the explanation would only work for them.

Yeah I know, I was mostly joking.

Still I do find it interesting that the two mascots of these games are getting new moves all to themselves, odd coverage moves at that.

It's really cool that they not only gave Pikachu and Eevee new moves, but also HM-like techniques that don't even waste a move slot. They really want to make them as useful as possible and I really like that. I can't wait to see what else they'll be able to do. :)

It's really cool that they gave Pikachu and Eevee HM-like techniques that don't even waste a move slot. They really want to make them as useful as possible and I really like that. I can't wait to see what else they'll be able to do. :)
Here's a question though: Do they need to be in the party to be able to use those moves?

So I've been scrolling back several pages and haven't seen anything too definitive yet...

Has there been any released, specific information yet about how exactly Pikachu and Eevee will be strong enough to use for the whole game (I'm already aware Pikachu gained Double Kick to help deal with Brock)? Any new, revealed moves for Eevee (who has a horrible move-pool in terms of being main party Pokemon)?

So I've been scrolling back several pages and haven't seen anything too definitive yet...

Has there been any released, specific information yet about how exactly Pikachu and Eevee will be strong enough to use for the whole game (I'm already aware Pikachu gained Double Kick to help deal with Brock)? Any new, revealed moves for Eevee (who has a horrible move-pool in terms of being main party Pokemon)?

Both starter Pikachu and Eevee have higher stats compared to normal Pikachu and Eevee. Eevee learns Double Kick just like Pikachu does. Both recently got special moves revealed (Pikachu gets Splash Surf which can paralyze and Eevee gets Flare Burn which has a 100% chance of burning the opposing Pokemon). If the steelbook artwork is anything to go by, Pikachu will get another move based off of Fly while Eevee gets 7 new moves based off of its other evolutions.

While not battle-related, they both get field moves that replace Cut and Surf, there may be more, but Diagonal Cut and Water Walk are the only ones revealed right now.

Both starter Pikachu and Eevee have higher stats compared to normal Pikachu and Eevee. Eevee learns Double Kick just like Pikachu does. Both recently got special moves revealed (Pikachu gets Splash Surf which can paralyze and Eevee gets Flare Burn which has a 100% chance of burning the opposing Pokemon). If the steelbook artwork is anything to go by, Pikachu will get another move based off of Fly while Eevee gets 7 new moves based off of its other evolutions.

While not battle-related, they both get field moves that replace Cut and Surf, there may be more, but Diagonal Cut and Water Walk are the only ones revealed right now.
Thank you, Tuoko!

My question is that will these new moves exist in future Pokemon Games?

The moves will probably exist in the games' coding (like eternal flower floette and Zygarde's moves in XY) to prevent any sort of glitches.
I think it’d also depend on whether or not the Pikachu/Eevee can be brought into Generation 8 games. If they cannot be transferred there would be simply no way to obtain these moves and if they could then the moves would probably remain exclusive to the particular Pikachu and Eevee.

Personally I hope these moves will be available to the Eeveelutions as moves learnt via evolution in Generation 8.

The moves will probably exist in the games' coding (like eternal flower floette and Zygarde's moves in XY) to prevent any sort of glitches.
I think it’d also depend on whether or not the Pikachu/Eevee can be brought into Generation 8 games. If they cannot be transferred there would be simply no way to obtain these moves and if they could then the moves would probably remain exclusive to the particular Pikachu and Eevee.

Personally I hope these moves will be available to the Eeveelutions as moves learnt via evolution in Generation 8.

Hopefully Flare burn can make Flareon a little bit more useful. Lmao.

New trailer. They're really going all out with Pikachu and Eevee's abilities. Eevee also gets a water and electric-type move and they can both fly the trainer around with balloons. They also each get a new special technique/move they can use based on friendship. I am just loving this. :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ3kwK2slV4

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom