• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

*sigh* I think it's time I stepped away from these forums for a time. This place is very anti hype right now and very much is not good for my mental health. Both this thread and the 8th gen one are very negative right now and the fan fiction and role playing sections are not making up for it. And I think I'll be able to view let's go more objetively when I'm not thinking about how much the fan base is going to hate it without even giving it a chance.

So I'll see you all when gen 8 hype starts...maybe.

The good thing is, they haven't told really anything about the story, just shown off characters and cities. JM did say that the game feels like Yellow, but is different.

If that new Pokemon gets revealed today, I'm gonna scream.

Also, to the person before, you weren't being rude, and I certainly didn't take it that way. It's hard to offend me. You good, you good.

Lame "reveal" from Pokenchi. If they hadn't used the word "exclusive", I wouldn't have expected anything.

I still expect something by the 25th unless Paul Ryan was wrong about the merchandise.

Nicolas721 said:
May I ask what else are you expecting?
Madame Boss is still around calling the shots and desperately wants Pikachu/Eevee. Jessie and James end up sacrificing themselves to kill her.

Last edited:
I kinda already expected ther wouldn't be that much to talk about since it's a hd remake of sorts. I mean, mega evolution being included was a surprise, and so are Eevee and Pikachu's new arsenal. But I can't see much else they could show other than towns and stuff. Unless they had new megas.

Unless they had new megas.
They've already moved on from the Mega Evolution marketing, so I doubt it. The biggest thing I'd expect is a post-game episode involving the new Pokemon, and even that might be asking for too much.

I'm miffed about Cinnabar Volcano still not being visitable according to the in-game map.

All I wanted was a fully 3D version of Leaf.

This new design looks really uninspired.

Well, the male character apparently isn't Red. You know, if he was, I'd be pretty ticked off if the female protagonist was someone other than Leaf (you know, what they did in HG/SS, replacing the original Crystal female protagonist), but seeing as he is not, I'm not bothered. Although it would have been hilarious to me if the female protagonist was Leaf and the male one not Red. lol

At least Leaf has finally been acknowledged in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Sad she can't be acknowledged at all in the Pokemon series.

The male player Character basically like a variation of Red, while the female one looks like she's just Red as a girl.

This seems to take place sometime after RBGY, although Oak is still the Regional Professor and all of the gym leaders appear to be the same... So, if anything, I wonder if they will acknowledge Red and Blue...

How can you not want to buy this game just to find out.

I can't help but be curious about the Evee at the top fo the Pokemon Mansion. Since it's a starter in this game now I assume you won't be given one there anymore.

Still giggling at the Direct part.

Nintendo: "Hey kids, come on down to good ol Kanto with Pikachu and Eevee in our new fancy Let's Go game for the Switch

NOW GO STRAIGHT TO HELL!"

*into Diablo III*

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom