• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

There's just one problem: If Flareon got a Mega, the rest will have to get one as well so that the others don't end up being unused.
Most Eeveelutions are already too unbalanced, with 4 of them being bad at speed, and Flareon have terrible stats distribution. They should get balanced out that no one can be too overfocused on single stat.

So apparently Serebii played the game recently and wrote about his experiences on his site.
Today, Nintendo and The Pokémon Company International were kind enough to allow me to play 2 hours of the start of Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! and I'm able to share everything that I experienced while playing the game. In the game demo, I was only able to play through the first two hours, back to the end of Brock's gym in Pewter City. This meant that there wouldn't be as much exploring but could truly show the elements of the game. It continues on much like Pokémon Yellow does, as you would suspect, with the progression that we know, going from Pallet Town through Viridian City and up to the Gym after Viridian Forest. There was then a small demo in Route 6 to showcase local co-operative play
First, mechanically, the battles work pretty much exactly the same as previous main series Pokémon games with the physical and special split remaining in tact. IVs fully appear to be within the game but with limited time with the early part of the game it is impossible to completely determine if the IV spreads are identical to how they were in the games since Ruby & Sapphire. EVs are a different story.
At present it's hard to say what the situation is with EVs. After some battles, an additional +1 appears in one stat such as Speed or Attack, but this +1 is also added with the candy obtained from transferring Pokémon
As many people have speculated through various demos and videos, there are no held items in the game and no option to make a Pokémon hold an item. This means that many of the items you come to expect such as Choice Band cannot be found. In addition to this, Abilities also aren't in the game.
Experience is definitely weighted more towards capture than battle. You typically seem to earn more experience points catching Pokémon but you will get bonuses if it's a new Pokémon, quality of capture and so forth. Synchronising capture with a second player locally also boosts the experience bonus.
Capture is relatively simple. There's a Lure item that lasts for a few minutes which increases wild Pokémon spawns and Pinap Berries will increase chances of finding an item after catching a Pokémon. These items are typically berries.
The capture element is much the same as in previous demos, but being able to see the Pokémon was a much more refreshing experience, allowing the player to try and avoid wild encounters if they are so inclined. The wild encounters do seem to provide a bit more experience than the traditional trainer battles. Pokémon also react differently to you based on species. Some are docile while others whille charge at you or Abra will teleport away if it spots you. The trainer battles also end with Poké Balls being given in order to continue capture.
Despite my best efforts, I couldn't quite determine the mechanics behind Comboing Pokémon (catching Pokémon of the same species consecutively). I got to a combo of 13 with a Caterpie but can't say for sure if it boosted any IVs or did any further capture chances. A combo is broken if the Pokémon flees
Combat Points are in the game, much like Pokémon GO and like Pokémon GO they are just a quick visual representation of the stats of a Pokémon taking on the Pokémon's level, stats and any stat boosts
The partner Pokémon do appear to have larger base stats. By comparing a wild Pikachu with the starter Pikachu at the same level, there is a vast difference.
The base power of Eevee's Sizzly Slide, Bouncy Bubble and Buzzy Buzz moves is 90.
Jessie, James & Meowth appear only on in Viridian City. However, they justreplace the old man who needed his coffee who then shows you how to catch Pokémon. You still won't battle them until Mt. Moon
As shown in the information release in June at E3, you need to have a Grass or Water-type Pokémon before entering Pewter City Gym. However, this is only needed to first enter it and isn't required in your actual team for when you are battling against Brock and his other gym trainers so any fears of ridiculously easy handholding difficulty can be laid to rest.
You get given the first customisation option, the sportswear matching the default outfit of the trainer, by the rival's sister as you leave Pallet Town.
Items are grouped into multiple categories. Your Pokémon Box is in your bag, as are Capture Items such as Berries and Balls, Healing Items, Battle Items such as Guard Spec. and Mega Stones, Candy and so forth. With this, you can also have items from other categories outside the main item list such as Lures, Town Map, Fossils and other key or miscellaneous items
As with previous games, each gender option contains fourdifferent options of character skintone.
There was also some play of the Support Player function where a second player can play in the game. Their following Pokémon is the second in your party and you share the same 6 Pokémon for battle. In this mode, the second player also can't interact with items, wild Pokémon or trainers.
Overall, the game is clearly a main series Pokémon game, just with a few tweaks to lure in the uninitiated audience. It's not the competitive game so players want but it's at its soul, a true Pokémon game.
All of the gameplay we had was recorded and we'll be able to post our exclusive gameplay as soon as we can, probably later this week, so be sure to keep checking back.

My main takeaways were that, to my surprise, you can choose from 4 different skin colors which I didn't expect since this is a remake.

You get the first customization for your partner as soon as you leave Pallet Town, which is awesome.

He confirms to anyone who was still in denial that you in fact aren't forced to use the water/grass type you need to show in Brock's gym.

And no abilities/held items, which I think most people expected anyway.

So apparently Serebii played the game recently and wrote about his experiences on his site.
Today, Nintendo and The Pokémon Company International were kind enough to allow me to play 2 hours of the start of Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! and I'm able to share everything that I experienced while playing the game. In the game demo, I was only able to play through the first two hours, back to the end of Brock's gym in Pewter City. This meant that there wouldn't be as much exploring but could truly show the elements of the game. It continues on much like Pokémon Yellow does, as you would suspect, with the progression that we know, going from Pallet Town through Viridian City and up to the Gym after Viridian Forest. There was then a small demo in Route 6 to showcase local co-operative play
First, mechanically, the battles work pretty much exactly the same as previous main series Pokémon games with the physical and special split remaining in tact. IVs fully appear to be within the game but with limited time with the early part of the game it is impossible to completely determine if the IV spreads are identical to how they were in the games since Ruby & Sapphire. EVs are a different story.
At present it's hard to say what the situation is with EVs. After some battles, an additional +1 appears in one stat such as Speed or Attack, but this +1 is also added with the candy obtained from transferring Pokémon
As many people have speculated through various demos and videos, there are no held items in the game and no option to make a Pokémon hold an item. This means that many of the items you come to expect such as Choice Band cannot be found. In addition to this, Abilities also aren't in the game.
Experience is definitely weighted more towards capture than battle. You typically seem to earn more experience points catching Pokémon but you will get bonuses if it's a new Pokémon, quality of capture and so forth. Synchronising capture with a second player locally also boosts the experience bonus.
Capture is relatively simple. There's a Lure item that lasts for a few minutes which increases wild Pokémon spawns and Pinap Berries will increase chances of finding an item after catching a Pokémon. These items are typically berries.
The capture element is much the same as in previous demos, but being able to see the Pokémon was a much more refreshing experience, allowing the player to try and avoid wild encounters if they are so inclined. The wild encounters do seem to provide a bit more experience than the traditional trainer battles. Pokémon also react differently to you based on species. Some are docile while others whille charge at you or Abra will teleport away if it spots you. The trainer battles also end with Poké Balls being given in order to continue capture.
Despite my best efforts, I couldn't quite determine the mechanics behind Comboing Pokémon (catching Pokémon of the same species consecutively). I got to a combo of 13 with a Caterpie but can't say for sure if it boosted any IVs or did any further capture chances. A combo is broken if the Pokémon flees
Combat Points are in the game, much like Pokémon GO and like Pokémon GO they are just a quick visual representation of the stats of a Pokémon taking on the Pokémon's level, stats and any stat boosts
The partner Pokémon do appear to have larger base stats. By comparing a wild Pikachu with the starter Pikachu at the same level, there is a vast difference.
The base power of Eevee's Sizzly Slide, Bouncy Bubble and Buzzy Buzz moves is 90.
Jessie, James & Meowth appear only on in Viridian City. However, they justreplace the old man who needed his coffee who then shows you how to catch Pokémon. You still won't battle them until Mt. Moon
As shown in the information release in June at E3, you need to have a Grass or Water-type Pokémon before entering Pewter City Gym. However, this is only needed to first enter it and isn't required in your actual team for when you are battling against Brock and his other gym trainers so any fears of ridiculously easy handholding difficulty can be laid to rest.
You get given the first customisation option, the sportswear matching the default outfit of the trainer, by the rival's sister as you leave Pallet Town.
Items are grouped into multiple categories. Your Pokémon Box is in your bag, as are Capture Items such as Berries and Balls, Healing Items, Battle Items such as Guard Spec. and Mega Stones, Candy and so forth. With this, you can also have items from other categories outside the main item list such as Lures, Town Map, Fossils and other key or miscellaneous items
As with previous games, each gender option contains fourdifferent options of character skintone.
There was also some play of the Support Player function where a second player can play in the game. Their following Pokémon is the second in your party and you share the same 6 Pokémon for battle. In this mode, the second player also can't interact with items, wild Pokémon or trainers.
Overall, the game is clearly a main series Pokémon game, just with a few tweaks to lure in the uninitiated audience. It's not the competitive game so players want but it's at its soul, a true Pokémon game.
All of the gameplay we had was recorded and we'll be able to post our exclusive gameplay as soon as we can, probably later this week, so be sure to keep checking back.

My main takeaways were that, to my surprise, you can choose from 4 different skin colors which I didn't expect since this is a remake.

You get the first customization for your partner as soon as you leave Pallet Town, which is awesome.

He confirms to anyone who was still in denial that you in fact aren't forced to use the water/grass type you need to show in Brock's gym.

Since skin/hair color choices are back, I think that we might get hair color/hair style customization as well.

People don't have a problem that you need too show a water/grass type, they have a problem that there is a requirement in the first place, since why would a new player use any other Pokemon than a Grass or Water type if its flat out told that those are super effective against Brock, meaning Double Kick on Pikachu/Eevee is pointless, since they don't know Fighting is SE against Rock as well.

GF hasn't thought that requirement out properly.

If the gym requirements weren’t enough, they’re even simplifying the gym puzzles.
6uM40Fs_d.jpg

Instead of giving the Vermillion gym a better puzzle, they’re literally telling you where you should look.

If the gym requirements weren’t enough, they’re even simplifying the gym puzzles.
6uM40Fs_d.jpg

Instead of giving the Vermillion gym a better puzzle, they’re literally telling you where you should look.

To me that’s still an improvement. I found the original puzzle way too frustrating as a child, and I still do. Too much trial-and-error for my taste.

I wouldn’t have minded a new puzzle, though.

To me that’s still an improvement. I found the original puzzle way too frustrating as a child, and I still do. Too much trial-and-error for my taste.

I wouldn’t have minded a new puzzle, though.

This. I barely even feel like I can call the original Vermilion Gym a puzzle. To me, a puzzle is something you can work out by thinking about it. A random trial-and-error obstacle hardly qualifies.

This. I barely even feel like I can call the original Vermilion Gym a puzzle. To me, a puzzle is something you can work out by thinking about it. A random trial-and-error obstacle hardly qualifies.
Because straight up holding your hand and telling you what you should do is supposed to be an improvement?

They could have changed the puzzle to make it more complex without a trial-and-error aspect. Instead they go with the laziest route possible.

Because straight up holding your hand and telling you what you should do is supposed to be an improvement?

Yes? An easily solvable puzzle is a definite improvement from a random trial-and-error in my mind. That does not mean that it is a good puzzle, nor did I say that anywhere, I was just agreeing with Cresselia92. I personally would like to see more challenging puzzles too.

They could have changed the puzzle to make it more complex without a trial-and-error aspect. Instead they go with the laziest route possible.

That screen just shows two colored trash bins. For all we know, the puzzle may involve more locks and having to click on multiple colored bins – which will be triggered once you click on one bin – in a sequence.

That would be a nice compromise imo, so that you have an hint of what you have to do, but still require some logic to solve the puzzle.

I don't remember many of the gym puzzles past Erika's gym. So this will be fun for me regardless.

I think everyone should give these games the chance they deserve. We have next year's games to look forward to, so these games will be a nice distraction that can interact with Pokemon Go in ways.

All we really need to know is what the new Pokemon will be, and for my own curiosity, where it lies in the National Pokedex. This will tide me over until next year. And I can't wait for the reveals of new Pokemon next year. It's always so exciting. Fortunately, I follow a lot of Fakemon artists, so during leak season next year, I'll be able to deduce fakes from stuff that hasn't been online before.

But anyways, I really look forward to seeing how Sabrina's gym is and Blaine and Koga as well, if they're still Gym Leaders. Who knows, maybe Koga is in Pikachu and Janine is in Eevee, but both are present in both games. Or maybe it'll be a double battle!! That would be hella cool!

I really wonder if Giovanni is going to be the Viridian City Gym Leader... And I wonder if Rainbow Rocket is going to be a thing in the post game, should there be one...

How is this new Pokemon going to play a role in the main story??

And what will Mew and Mewtwo's roles be in the game? Mew had a feature on Pokenchi but it didn't seem like much of a spotlight, other than the fact that Mew is capable of learning moves of all types, which everybody already knows...

We shall see...

I think everyone should give these games the chance they deserve.
These games are far from cheap, especially for people who don't already have a Switch. I still plan on enjoying them myself, but I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to not spend that much money if they're not impressed by what they've seen so far.

And what will Mew and Mewtwo's roles be in the game? Mew had a feature on Pokenchi but it didn't seem like much of a spotlight, other than the fact that Mew is capable of learning moves of all types, which everybody already knows...
Since Mew is given to you from the get-go, I don't see it having much of a role. Its lore might be discussed, though.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but the Japanese trailer for Celadon City/HM changes revealed that the perverted old man is still there.

I will laugh so hard if they actually keep the original line "This Gym is great! It's full of women!"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-09-18 21.50.21.png
    Screenshot 2018-09-18 21.50.21.png
    531.1 KB · Views: 40
6uM40Fs_d.jpg

That's incorrect. It's already been confirmed that the buttons aren't always in the coloured trash cans. I can't remember who actually confirmed it though, or if it was in a previous trailer. I have a feeling the Japanese trailer shown it. If anyone can confirm this, then please do so.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom