• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I'd be surprised if we couldn't fly on the legendary birds above ground, although I am not sure why Game Freak would draw a distinction between flying and riding when Charizard does both.

A new trailer dropped

Is that... a minigame being shown off?! Finally!!!

Minigames are really what we needed to see from this game, especially since it gives us more content. I hope they focus on more mini games in future trailers (they really should have more mini games to show off given the price tag). They really should have shown off the Celadon Game Corner arcade!

Is that... a minigame being shown off?! Finally!!!

Minigames are really what we needed to see from this game, especially since it gives us more content. I hope they focus on more mini games in future trailers (they really should have more mini games to show off given the price tag). They really should have shown off the Celadon Game Corner arcade!
Hope so. There are people like myself who don't play Pokemon go.

I love the cut scenes of the legendary birds; they look really nice. It's also nice to know that the GO style of capture returns after you defeat them in battle. I though it would end up just being like previous games were you weaken them to capture them.

If the gym requirements weren’t enough, they’re even simplifying the gym puzzles.
6uM40Fs_d.jpg

Instead of giving the Vermillion gym a better puzzle, they’re literally telling you where you should look.
I would rather the Gyms not have puzzles, Pokemon is an RPG not Zelda.

Pikachu's demo stats indicate that its Special Attack is average by default. I can only assume that EV system has been greatly overhauled for these games. It's also worth noting that Eevee's stats in the recent trailer aren't outstanding, although certainly good depending on the EVs.

Damn, this game is getting easier with the minute.

I play Pokemon Go, and I think catching the legendary birds is going to be very tedious if that game is any indication. That throwing Pokeball to catch Pokémon again and again (specially since this game prioritises collection over battling) also gets tedious.

Personally I prefer to raise a few select Pokémon for the main campaign with a few reserves and do the capturing to complete Pokedex later so these games are clearly not for me, since capturing as many Pokémon as possible in the main campaign is basically a requirement here.

since capturing as many Pokémon as possible in the main campaign is basically a requirement here.
It isn't. At worst the game will be hard (the opposite of what people tend to complain about) if you only catch a few Pokemon.

You don't have to pump candies into your Pokemon, either. Pikachu's stats aren't like this by default.

It isn't. At worst the game will be hard (the opposite of what people tend to complain about) if you only catch a few Pokemon.

You don't have to pump candies into your Pokemon, either. Pikachu's stats aren't like this by default.

A player will also probably lack experience a other rewards which one gets for capturing Pokémon and the game design probably revolves around that.
It’s one of the smaller issues for me though, nothing gamebreaking. It just adds on to an already long list of negatives for me.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom