• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Damn, this game is getting easier with the minute.
Would you rather they be as weak as normal Pikachus and Eevees? I thought everyone wanted them to be slightly stronger than normal. Ofc in an ideal game we wouldn't be stuck with them or at least have the option to evolve them. Oh well. I wonder if we can remove them from the party post game.

You can remove them at any point. They'll tag along in the overworld regardless.

I liked Pikachu just fine in Yellow, but most of its power-ups here are optional. That ridiculous Special Attack is probably a result of that Pikachu Candy item.

Oh well. I wonder if we can remove them from the party post game.

I'm pretty sure Masuda confirmed at E3 that you could box your starter Pokémon but they would still be a part of your character (i.e. you can play with them and they're with you but not actually in your Pokémon party)

EDIT: oh, I was late

RPGs have puzzles all the time. Would you prefer gyms with layouts like Brock's instead?
And the Puzzels in Final Fantasy games are always boring and stupid.
I don't see what solving a weird warp tile puzzle says about my ability to train Pokemon.

Gym puzzles never really were all that fun to me. They just give individuality to the gyms, which they already receive by their unique appearances inside.

TBH Trials aren't that fun to me either.

I would rather the Gyms not have puzzles, Pokemon is an RPG not Zelda.
Zelda is an RPG and it’s not like it’s a new puzzle. It’s the same one as the Gen 1 games. I don’t see an issue with it since it’s not that hard of one.

I’m glad that we’re getting mini games. That’s what this game should have a lot of since it’s lackimg in other areas. I just hope it’s more than like two games.

And why are people saying you can’t ride the legendary birds? The trailer didn’t show them after the capture and I can’t find anything that says you can’t ride them.

Zelda is an RPG and it’s not like it’s a new puzzle. It’s the same one as the Gen 1 games. I don’t see an issue with it since it’s not that hard of one.

I’m glad that we’re getting mini games. That’s what this game should have a lot of since it’s lackimg in other areas. I just hope it’s more than like two games.

And why are people saying you can’t ride the legendary birds? The trailer didn’t show them after the capture and I can’t find anything that says you can’t ride them.
Although there is no real definition of rpgs these days, in general consensus, Zelda is not an rpg. Maybe the second Zelda game but nothing else. The greatest giveaway is that you don't level up.

Seems like the new Pokémon (or a new Pokémon overall) has potentially leaked. Maybe.

DnmGclRUcAEZPty.png

While it isn't too big a deal, it will be a shame if we don't have any option at all for not having our starter riding on us. I'd prefer not to be forced with having a Pikachu with me at all times, in case I don't want it travelling with me.

Seems like the new Pokémon (or a new Pokémon overall) has potentially leaked. Maybe.

DnmGclRUcAEZPty.png

While it isn't too big a deal, it will be a shame if we don't have any option at all for not having our starter riding on us. I'd prefer not to be forced with having a Pikachu with me at all times, in case I don't want it travelling with me.

Skeptical if it's real, but unlike most people, I don't mind it, I actually kind of like the design.

DnmGclRUcAEZPty.png

I like it.

Totally adorable but what the heck is it even suppose to be?
Some sort of ghost with a geometric shape on its head?

Anyone else getting the pokeball bundle? Im thinking of pre ordering today from poke center so i also get a pika plush keychain

Honestly, the more I look at this Pokemon, the more I'm enjoying its design. Its small design makes it feel like it's intended as one of the "pixie" mythicals, but it seems totally absent of any "mystical" powers. I love all the mythicals we have, pixie or no, but it seems like all the little mythicals we get are always part Psychic or part Fairy, the only exceptions being Marshadow, whose Ghost type still feels kinda "mystical" to me, and Manaphy, whose sig move is Psychic. (Though, I suppose it's a bit early to make that call-I wouldn't assume Victini was part Psychic if I just saw its designs)

It seems to be one of the "naturally artificial" Pokemon (Pokemon that are formed from human materials unintentionally rather than artificially created), and I really like how its design feels more like a creature putting itself together out of various parts than the items just coming to life. I honestly like designs like Voltorb, Klink, or Klefki-maybe not as much as others, but I still enjoy them-but I don't think we've ever had a Pokemon made out of different artificial objects. (It's got the nut, the possibly magnetic slime, and maybe a magnet inside the nut?) That feels really fun to me, like the Pokemon is actually the magnet and it's just trying to make a body out of various magnetic materials.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom