• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Lol, some people like to find beautiful excuses to cover their scars which were ironically made by themselves.

Meltan accidentally revealed and GameFreak-Niantic did a good job like they mean it. I mean they acted like they planned this but i don't think that's the case. Meltan appearing in Go was a mistake and they turned it into a opportunity. ( i personally think Niantic has a bigger role on that, if we consider how many times pokemon got revealed accidentally like zeraora and GameFreak didn't do anything )

Meltan's only been appearing in Go for a few days. It's not impossible to get trailers and websites made and translated in that time while working on a weekend, but I'd be shocked if they managed it.

Paul Ryan said over a month ago that the new Pokemon would be revealed today. It's all been planned.

And it's all disappointing. We didn't need another random mythical.

I was playing pokemon go a few days ago and the game showed a shadow of an uncaptured pokemon nearby at the bottom of the screen and I just glanced at it and thought 'must be Unown'.

It was only after I got out of the area that I thought it was weird because I already have Unown registered in my dex so it shouldn't have appeared uncaptured. And lol, it was Meltan.

The new Pokemon aside, one thing about this video stood out to me: the clashing art/graphical styles. If Pokemon LGP/E are so based off of Pokemon GO, why are the two styles so drastically different?

I'm now curious to see what LGP/E would have looked like if they had gone with the Pokemon GO style demonstrated here. It would probably be so much more interesting... For me, at least.

They're drastically different because at the end of the day, LGPE are Yellow remakes with a few Go influences. The Go characters look too realistic relative to the Pokemon models, although the LGPE characters look too chibi.

Meltan accidentally revealed and GameFreak-Niantic did a good job like they mean it. I mean they acted like they planned this but i don't think that's the case. Meltan appearing in Go was a mistake and they turned it into a opportunity. ( i personally think Niantic has a bigger role on that, if we consider how many times pokemon got revealed accidentally like zeraora and GameFreak didn't do anything )

I highly doubt that. While I originally thought it was also an error, it was clearly planned. There's no way they rushed to make that "Episode 1" video in that short amount of time. It was planned. It is a very different way to how the Pokémon Company usually does things, but it was definitely planned.

Okay, so some new screenshots came out on serebii, showing Pikachu's starting stats in the game. And from calculations, starter Pikachi's stats seem to be

Hp:45
Atk:75
Def:50
Sp.Atk:75
Sp.Def:60
Spd: 115

Not sure, but that sounds like quite the jump.

Some new information has come in:

Sizzly Slide is a physical move
Bouncy Bubble and Buzzy Buzz are special moves

The bag pockets are: Pokemon Box, Medicine Pocket, TM Case, Power Up Pocket, Candy Jar, Clothing Trunk, Catching Pocket, Battle Pocket

This is the first game since HGSS to have a dedicated bag pocket for Poke Balls.
The physical/special split will not be undone.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom